mATX Case under 370mm that can take 155mm CPU fan?

chnapo

Hello guys.
I thought this was going to be easy. But hell no. I need a computer case that will fit within 37cm of clearance AND will fit 155mm CPU air cooler (Silentium PC Fera 3). Also within reasonable budget (60-70 USD), but I did not find ANY case within ANY budget that fulfills these two requirements. Please help me out, I have been searching for past 5 hours. It also should accommodate mATX motherboard and at least 300mm graphics card.

Damn. The Silverstone PS15 is 1m too short on the CPU cooler and 1cm too tall. 

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=822

The Q300L has the same issue, 38.7cm tall, but at least CPU cooler height is 159mm

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mini-tower/masterbox-q300l/#Specifications

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 4/30/2020 at 10:40 PM, TVwazhere said:

Damn. The Silverstone PS15 is 1m too short on the CPU cooler and 1cm too tall. 

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=822

The Q300L has the same issue, 38.7cm tall, but at least CPU cooler height is 159mm

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mini-tower/masterbox-q300l/#Specifications

That´s it with all cases I have seen. Either 1-2mm too narrow or 0,5-1cm too tall. Based on some educated guesses, Cooler Master Elite 344 should be good. CM claims that the case can only accommodate 148mm fan, but I think it should actually fit larger, because my brother has case that is veery similar, also should take only 148mm and we measured it, it actually can do 155. So I ordered it and either it fits, or I will get a different cooler. It would be a shame tho, because we have brand SilentiumPC that makes really cheap and good CPU coolers and their higher mid-range model Fera 3 is 155mm.

On 4/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, chnapo said:

Hello guys.
I thought this was going to be easy. But hell no. I need a computer case that will fit within 37cm of clearance AND will fit 155mm CPU air cooler (Silentium PC Fera 3). Also within reasonable budget (60-70 USD), but I did not find ANY case within ANY budget that fulfills these two requirements. Please help me out, I have been searching for past 5 hours. It also should accommodate mATX motherboard and at least 300mm graphics card.

Is that 37cm of room on all sides, or does it have to have a smaller footprint on the desk/floor?

Because if the desk/floor footprint can be bigger than 37 cm, I'd like to introduce you to the Thermaltake Core V21. I used one of those for a long time and loved it. Only changed because I had to switch to a full ATX board.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Is that 37cm of room on all sides, or does it have to have a smaller footprint on the desk/floor?

Because if the desk/floor footprint can be bigger than 37 cm, I'd like to introduce you to the Thermaltake Core V21. I used one of those for a long time and loved it. Only changed because I had to switch to a full ATX board.

I actually seriously considered that one, but it is way too wide. I wouldn´t mind a bit larger footprint, but it has to fit into certain space and this would completely fill the space, with no room for airflow whatsoever. Inwin 301 looks good tho. Thank you! If the CM case I ordered doesn´t fit, I can return it and get the inwin case.

Update:
My case (Cooler Master Elite 344) arrived. Despite the claims that only 148mm cooler can fit inside, and despite my cooler being 155mm (according to manufacturer) it EVER SO BARELY fits after taking off plastic heatpipe caps. So problem solved for me for 40-ish dollars. Thank you all for answers.