Im not sure if im alone in this, but...

coder-guy22296

Im not sure if im alone in this, but, I enjoy fixing my computer when something new does not work, but i usually get frustrated after about 12hrs of research and troubleshooting, but i usually get it done. the only exception to this is when im dealing with windows 8 or 8.1 .

anyone else out there similar to me?

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

I enjoy fixing them.

I didn't have that much frustration with Win 8 though... A little nagging of learning it...

But nothing major.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

i enjoy fixing parts eg drives gpus etc but troubleshootings a pain for me the only exception is fixing my modded game files skyrim fallout etc  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I like the troubleshooting experience, that's probably why I enjoy coding so much (usually websites). Finding that little sonovabitch issue that was right in front of you. :)

Except when something breaks. Fuck that shit. At least software is fixable.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I fix PCs all day for a living, I hate when something goes wrong with my own. :lol:

Like using em more than you like fixing em. Kudos to you good sir!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I am ok with fixing problems i know how to fix. its the ones that you google and get no results becuase you are just a total BA and your skill level is over 9000

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I dream of getting to the point that I can code any application that I need in an couple hours

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

Fixing computers is fun sometimes, but the thing I hate most is when you have to just sit and wait while the computer does it's thing. I want to be able to click a few buttons, type a few characters, reboot and be good to go. The waiting with things like chkdsk, defrag, etc. annoys me.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

i enjoy fixing parts eg drives gpus etc but troubleshootings a pain for me the only exception is fixing my modded game files skyrim fallout etc

well fixing modded games is easy just force update and start from scratch

It's fun for a few minutes, it's fun as long as you are making progress and don't run out of ideas.

Building PCs is fun.

I fix PCs all day for a living, I hate when something goes wrong with my own. :lol:

Yes I agree. My job is a network admin for a oil company and when I get home I don't want to fix mine. Unless I get a new part in the mail or something then I don't mind.

"All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again."

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." - Kerouac

well fixing modded games is easy just force update and start from scratch

but that means re installing everything and not everyone has godly infinite download limits  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I also enjoy building or reassembling an already built PC and I really like Windows 8/.1 especially when Start8 is installed. The thing taht I don't really like is configuring the stupid settings in the BIOS when overclocking and fining the right spot. It usually takes for ages and I need my PC up and running as fast as possible. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

It's fun for a few minutes, it's fun as long as you are making progress and don't run out of ideas.

Building PCs is fun.

both true right now i am trying to make a custom minecraft modpack and this will be my third force update

but that means re installing everything and not everyone has godly infinite download limits  

oh that is not fun good thing i live in north america where internet is great

Yes I agree. My job is a network admin for a oil company and when I get home I don't want to fix mine. Unless I get a new part in the mail or something then I don't mind.

Oh hell yeah, I'm all up for installing new parts in my system too.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Yup, when that happens you just need to walk away and take a breather to regain your composure. I troubleshooted my ethernet cable for a week almost 10 hours a day everyday. Finally got it but you just have to learn how to handle yourself in that situation. Took me many years of dealing with problems to learn.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

The satisfaction you get when you fix a problem is unreal

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm growing out of troubleshooting computers. Don't get me wrong I will keep up with hardware in order to play games, but I no longer want to troubleshoot, I just want things too work.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Yup, when that happens you just need to walk away and take a breather to regain your composure.

Exactly, you get stuck in a rut because you're doing the same thing or just thinking the wrong way.

The same thing happens when playing a computer game where you try for hours but just cannot beat this boss fight and it's driving you crazy. Then you take a breather or come back the next day and just like that BAM within 5 minutes you beat it.

Sometimes it can get frustrating. For instance, the onboard ethernet controller. It's stuck in deep sleep mode and this is apparently a common problem with the Realtek chips but they haven't fixed it. Also, the time when I spent about 5 hours trying to get my laptop working again wasn't too fun. (Motherboard died for good a few weeks later.)

Sometimes I enjoy it. Especially modding stuff, I find that fun. (I've spent hours tweaking the cooling on my laptop. CPU doesn't go over 140F with the fan off when it's on my desk now in most games. It was overheating badly before.) I'm pretty proud of the cooling mod I did to a 8800GTS that I revived in an oven too. I cut off part of the plastic shroud and zip tied a fan onto it which worked really well, but I had to take it off when I put the card in the bottom slot because it was in the way of my PCI ethernet card. (Again, thanks Realtek.) It's still cooler than stock with the shroud cut off though.

There's also times when it's just easy. I got a Latitue D600 from a tag sale for 5 bucks since it didn't work. I just needed to reseat the CPU. Then I fixed it up with parts from my Latitude pile. (It had been parted out.) There was also the time where I fixed a motherboard in a D630 someone spilled wine on. I got it for $20 and cleaned off the motherboard with rubbing alcohol. Didn't let it dry long enough, apparently. Still got a lot of parts worth well over $20 out of it. (Mainly the screen.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I like overcharging people that are rude to me at school when they need help with their PC.... BEWARE!