Getting very high ping despite having 100mbps connection

So recently from last couple of days i have been experiencing very high ping 150-300ms in most games i play, previously it used to be around 10-60ms depending on time of day.

My neighbor has connection from same isp and same plan, but he has no issues, he is getting great results in ping.

I have a 100 mbps connection, connected via ethernet, not downloading anything.

I dont have much knowledge of networking, i did a bit search and tried tracert 8.8.8.8 command, heres the result attached, it is bad but what is the solution?

Please help😟

1587900899685992172130019744286.jpg

PING depends on the distance to the server... maybe the game you play has multiple servers, then connect to the one closest to you... Host own server in a perfect world.

You can try changing your DNS servers to 1.1.1.1, but that will only help with webpage load times...

2 minutes ago, Mohit.1 said:

So recently from last couple of days i have been experiencing very high ping 150-300ms in most games i play, previously it used to be around 10-60ms depending on time of day.

My neighbor has connection from same isp and same plan, but he has no issues, he is getting great results in ping.

I have a 100 mbps connection, connected via ethernet, not downloading anything.

I dont have much knowledge of networking, i did a bit search and tried tracert 8.8.8.8 command, heres the result attached, it is bad but what is the solution?

Please help😟

1587900899685992172130019744286.jpg

IDK if its the same where u live but have u got any ISP bills that are due? Here in our country if u got a bill that's due by a month, the ISP sends us through crap distant servers that result in horrible ping. you wont notice this much when u r browsing, downloading or when even doing speedtests but when gaming u can really feel it.   

Ping has nothing to do with your internet speed. Ping is used to measure your distance from your connection to the server(s). For example, I am trying to connect to a server in Australia to play a game, my ping will be high due to the distance of the location of the server. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 hours ago, Shammikit said:

IDK if its the same where u live but have u got any ISP bills that are due? Here in our country if u got a bill that's due by a month, the ISP sends us through crap distant servers that result in horrible ping. you wont notice this much when u r browsing, downloading or when even doing speedtests but when gaming u can really feel it.   

No, my isp is prepaid so they cant do that.

Theres some other issues, i am not getting it

2 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Ping has nothing to do with your internet speed. Ping is used to measure your distance from your connection to the server(s). For example, I am trying to connect to a server in Australia to play a game, my ping will be high due to the distance of the location of the server. 

Yes i know that, the server is near me as me and my friend from same isp play in same server, i would get 10 times his ping

2 hours ago, RageTester said:

PING depends on the distance to the server... maybe the game you play has multiple servers, then connect to the one closest to you... Host own server in a perfect world.

You can try changing your DNS servers to 1.1.1.1, but that will only help with webpage load times...

Yes i am connected to my closest server. I mostly play csgo and me and my friend from same isp play in same server, i would get 10 times his ping. It isnt a game problem or pc problem as i have tried many fixes and commands in game and for game start up, but issue is there in all the games

Those are all private addresses before the ICMP filter segments, totally an ISP problem from the results you're posting.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

31 minutes ago, beersykins said:

Those are all private addresses before the ICMP filter segments, totally an ISP problem from the results you're posting.

K so i cant do anything right?

The isp is avoiding issue saing due to covid lockdown serverissue, but the problem is how are other users of same isp getting great ping.

This issue is only for me, so can i do something to solve it.

5 minutes ago, Mohit.1 said:

K so i cant do anything right?

The isp is avoiding issue saing due to covid lockdown serverissue, but the problem is how are other users of same isp getting great ping.

This issue is only for me, so can i do something to solve it.

I agree: the high ping seems to be outside of your network.

Since both you and your friend use the same ISP and package, ask him what he’s using as his DNS server. If he’s using something different, try forcing that DNS server.

There’s not much you can do if the issue is from the ISP end and beyond. However, you can try powering off your modem for about 5 minutes then powering it back on. Let it fully boot up before you start running tests again. I’ve had similar experiences where pushed settings from the ISP caused slowdowns until the modem was rebooted. Give it some time.

Also, your home network might be fine, but your specific connection (whether it’s at the street level, ISP or other nodes on the internet) might be busy causing the slowdown.

16 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

I agree: the high ping seems to be outside of your network.

Since both you and your friend use the same ISP and package, ask him what he’s using as his DNS server. If he’s using something different, try forcing that DNS server.

There’s not much you can do if the issue is from the ISP end and beyond. However, you can try powering off your modem for about 5 minutes then powering it back on. Let it fully boot up before you start running tests again. I’ve had similar experiences where pushed settings from the ISP caused slowdowns until the modem was rebooted. Give it some time.

Also, your home network might be fine, but your specific connection (whether it’s at the street level, ISP or other nodes on the internet) might be busy causing the slowdown.

Well my friend doesnt know much about dns and all so he isnt using one. Every night my router is off so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Yesterday night the ping went down to 120 as its same still so atleast cs is playable. Thnx for reply

Have you tried running ping on multiple computers?

Note: everyone has a dns server and changing your dns won't change your ping, it would only make things load a bit faster the first time you open them. I do recommend using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for dns since it is faster than most dns servers provided by ISPs. here is how

A better latency test would be a traceroute over tcp since many ISPs do things with ICMP packets, here is a tutorial but you don't have to.