Antec launches three new cases and a bunch of psus

brownninja97

Firstly this thread will focus on the cases as i deem them more important.

and so here is the new p100

49b.jpg

this is a mid tower case optimized for being quite and it looks pretty nice, with that dark brushed aluminium. The front is loaded up with 2 usb 3.0 and 2 usb 2.0 and then your standard headphone and mic and lastly there is the power and reset buttons. I would prefer to have a smaller reset button as if i am making a pc for another person then they seem to struggle to understand the difference between power and reset then again i could just not plug that in. Door is double way so open left and right.

3.gif

Onto the interior and god its been a while since ive made a thread on a decent case, we have that massive removable tray in the front which can hold 7 3.5/2.5 inch drives and then are tooless because nvidia are hippies. There is also some nice cable routing holds and a nice amount of space behind the motherboard(20mm) so you can get those anaconda motherboard cabled without bulging. This case comes with 2 fans which is ok but more cases tend to do three fans now. Seven expansion slots which is always nice. There is also a filter which goes through the bottem(its very long). why no cable ties?

Max gpu length:  317.5mm

max cpu height:  170mm

rating: 8.6/10

Next is the nineteen hundred but there is a thread on that so go here

Afterthat is the GX500 which is gaming styled.

anteccsgx500.jpg

Its got a decent front end, not the best but at least Antec didnt do crazy which they have done in the past. It has 2 usb 3.0, 2 usb 2.0, audio inputs and pwoer and reset in the front along with two intakes.which are filtered.

anteccsgx500-08.jpg

Onto the interior and great its lacking(no info on the interior so imma try and describe what i see). looks like it has three fans, two up front and one at the back. Then there is a drive cage which can store 3 3.5/2.5 drives and two 5.25 drives at the top. cable routing isnt too good and it looks like a motherboard cable will struggle to get in there. A few cable ties but not a lot. 

I see 5 pci expansion slots which isnt amazing but it can handle atx. Only single rad support.

rating: 7.6/10(could increase depending on the price tag).

And so lastly is the new itx case which is all the rage at the moment, everyone is making itx cases. 

Introducing the ISK600

49a.jpg

Antec website just went into maintance. fuck.

Ok looks like im gonna have to go to some random russian site, im likely going to get a kitchen.

Well i found a spec list which should help

5 Drive bays:
- 1 x slim optical drive bay
- 2 x 2.5“ HDD trays
- 3 x 3.5” HDD trays
2 x Expansion Slots
Motherboard Mount: Mini-ITX
Maximum graphics card size: 12.5” (317.5 mm)
Maximum CPU cooler height: 170mm
Cooling system:
- 1 x 120 mm rear fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) fan
Advanced cooling design ready for liquid cooling configurations
Stylish and sturdy brushed aluminum panels bring subtle elegance to your build
Integrated LEDs are carefully calibrated to achieve optimal color and brightness
Top I/O ports:
- 1 x USB 3.0
- 1 x USB 2.0
- Audio In/Out
PSU mount: ATX standard PSU
Unit Dimensions
- 195mm (H) x 260mm (W) x 369mm (D)
- 7.68“ (H) x 10.2" (W) x 14.5" (D)

DSC_7180_zpsb284e0a5.jpg

Also here is the interior and wow how in the heck did they create that, they didnt even use modular.

Rating: Maintenance/10

Links

http://www.techpowerup.com/198045/antec-presents-new-power-supplies-and-enclosures-for-pc-enthusiasts.html

http://web.antec.com/global/product.php/?id=NzA0NDU2

http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=706702&fid=5022020&lan=nz

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hmm that ISK600 would make tidy looking steam box or media PC...

Hmm that ISK600 would make tidy looking steam box or media PC...

Mini colossus for me if it comes to that, or one of the coolermaster ones, im cheap

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Mini colossus for me if it comes to that, or one of the coolermaster ones, im cheap

Yeah, I would go for cooler master ones if they had psu mounted in front.  :(

Now Node 304 looks best to me.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The 1st one looks like a ripoff. :D

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Because it is. A ripoff of one of their own cases - P280.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I think you think it looks like a corsair case, well you are wrong because that corsair case copied the p280 which came before it and then corsair copied this and that and in the end that basically stole the stolen design.

Listen if you care.

Ugh, who buys these things? They lack personality or even a hint of creativity. And that middle one is abhorrent.

Antec should change their slogan: "Antec - Where everything is square"

They're like the 1980's Volvo of case manufacturing.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Ugh, who buys these things? They lack personality or even a hint of creativity. And that middle one is abhorrent.

And expensive too.

Spoiler

aww snap that is harsh

Listen if you care.

DSC_7180_zpsb284e0a5.jpg

dat cable management though

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H CPU: i5 4690k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB @ 1600mhz Case: Fractal Design define R5 CPU-Block: EK-Supremacy Acetal GPU-Block:EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Pump: Alphacool VPP655  Reservoir: EK-XRES 140 D5 HDD: WD Blue 1TB Keyboard: Ducky shine 3 /w mx black

INB4 (or after) everyone starts ripping Antec apart and hailing Fractal Design as the God-King of cases.

Because it is. A ripoff of one of their own cases - P280.

It looks like this case made by Fractal Design.

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r4-black-pearl

Go to images section :)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r4-black-pearl

No it doesn't. It looks like this. http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=704504&fid=6&lan=us

Spoiler

After holding my Surface Pro 2, I wonder why case manufacture doesn't take a page on how to present USB ports.

What I mean is that, on the Surface Pro 2, the USB port holes is cut to perfection so that you don't see the metal enclosure of the USB port around it. And in addition, the metal inside of the port is black. This makes the USB ports discrete and not ugly. While OEMs don't do the extra step in having the internal metal enclosure dyes in black or titanium, they do cut the plastic to be exact fit, which is a shame why not case manufacture does not do that extra step. The results is much nicer.

Here is a picture of the mini DisplayPort which is like the USB port ('cause it's the best picture I could find)

05957560-photo-surface-pro-gp-mini-displ

Imagine this on your case with the USB ports.

Yes it does the similarities are uncanny, give or take a couple things. There is not denying it.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

the cable management looks pretty good, but notice the HDD isn't plugged in.....so it gets a FAIL  :D

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

And that looks like the Fractal Design case.  :D  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

And that looks like the Fractal Design case.   :D

take in mind that the p280 came out before fractal design existed.

Listen if you care.

take in mind that the p280 came out before fractal design existed.

Stop ruining my argument.

Antec should change their slogan: "Antec - Where everything is square"

They're like the 1980's Volvo of case manufacturing.

Another way to look at it is a blank canvas for case modding...

Another way to look at it is a blank canvas for case modding...

True enough. Though I'd go with Fractal Design or Nanoxia before Antec still.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

They still didn't learn how to make the cutouts for the USB jacks look nice. Glad, I'm not the only one who noticed.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I dont know why there are so many Antec Haters tbh, I love the P-Series cases... I have 2 lol

Although as the cases go now I dont think my next one will be Antec as I am looking to make a pressure positive case and ... well tbh I actually might end up having to heavily mod a case for what I actually want to achieve, we will see. But the P-Series Cases are so quiet man, so so incredibly quiet. My old P180 was so incredibly quiet you could only hear the PC (with no silent optimisation btw) if there was no noise in the room and you stood absolutely still

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I dont know why there are so many Antec Haters tbh, I love the P-Series cases... I have 2 lol

Although as the cases go now I dont think my next one will be Antec as I am looking to make a pressure positive case and ... well tbh I actually might end up having to heavily mod a case for what I actually want to achieve, we will see. But the P-Series Cases are so quiet man, so so incredibly quiet. My old P180 was so incredibly quiet you could only hear the PC (with no silent optimisation btw) if there was no noise in the room and you stood absolutely still

I totally agree, im starting to hate fractal design because they have caused so much hate for other companies that do something remotely similar to one of their cases, antec seem to have gone in a straight downwards spiral do to that define R4

Listen if you care.