i7 6700

Corsair Vengeance Pro  RGB 16GB

1Tera Seagate 

480SSD

6 ID COOLING Fans

NZXT M22

Maximus IX Hero ATX 

Tecware VXR 

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

To follow up on @svmlegacy’s point, to find out how big you want my standard move is to plug the parts into PcPartPicker, take their number, add 20%, and round up to the nearest 50w.   Lots of different opinions on this one.  I don’t defend mine with any vigor.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

30 minutes ago, Jeyees said:

PC:

1080 Superclock 8GB 

i7 6700

Corsair Vengeance Pro  RGB 16GB

1Tera Seagate 

480SSD

6 ID COOLING Fans

NZXT M22

Maximus IX Hero ATX 

Tecware VXR 

where are you from and what is your budget?

From Philippines and my budget is 100$

10 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I would recommend a Thermaltake Smart 700W ATX PSU which is 80 plus certified.

And which is a complete garbage. Stop.

@Jeyees give some links to online stores, you can't expect for people on random English-speaking tech forum to know what's available in Phillipines unless you want to get recommendations like one above.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

4 hours ago, Juular said:

And which is a complete garbage. Stop.

Please explain why you believe that the Thermaltake Smart 700W is not a good power supply.

4 hours ago, Juular said:

you can't expect for people on random English-speaking tech forum to know what's available in Phillipines unless you want to get recommendations like one above

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with what is available in the Philippines, I was hoping that this would be a model that the original poster would be able to find at a local store or online retailer. While I may not be able to know what a specific given local store may have available, I can say that well-known online retailers like Amazon will usually have the majority of products that you are looking for.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

9 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with what is available in the Philippines

That part was addressed to OP, i couldn't remember any stores from Philippines right away either.

Please explain why you believe that the Thermaltake Smart 700W is not a good power supply.

In fact, there are multiple Thermaltake Smart PSUs, and i doubt you can buy the original Smart, but most of them are using group regulated topology except for Smart Pro RGB, that's why they're very bad choices for GTX1080.

21 minutes ago, Juular said:

i doubt you can buy the original Smart, but most of them are using group regulated topology

I don't think that this is the original Thermaltake Smart, although it would be pretty difficult to find stated what topology is implemented in this PSU. The power supply is rated for 700 watts continuous and backed by Thermaltake's 5 year warranty and has a MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) rating of 100,000 hours at least. You shouldn't have any issues with running modern hardware on this PSU given that it stays under the rated 700 watt limit.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

10 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I don't think that this is the original Thermaltake Smart

No idea, can't find any reviews of it, which is red flag on it's own but it's probably not that old and Thermaltake PSU lineups are complete mess. But judging by what's visible through the grille and the fact that it can output only 648W on 12V rail with 700W total rating which is not typical for DC-DC units i'd say it is group regulated.

Warranty covers only PSU itself, with group regulated units there are chance of higher ripple under crossload conditions which are not rare in modern PCs. High ripple affects components longevity. And they certainly would have way worse load regulation than even mediocre DC-DC units which affects stability.

This unit would've been fine for APU system granted it's priced accordingly, not for high-end PC like OP's.

God, this site is abysmal, here, Seasonic Focus GX 650W for 4.8k, since you didn't tell your budget i didn't search further, if this is too much tell me i'll try to find smth cheaper, there must be Segotep GP-650G for example which is decent.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/seasonic-gx-650-650w-80-core-gold-full-modular-fan-control-in-fanless-silent-and-cooling-mode-perfect-power-supply-for-gaming-and-various-application-i589156861-s1611818449.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.26.69e65990LrT0sk&search=1

36 minutes ago, Juular said:

God, this site is abysmal, here, Seasonic Focus GX 650W for 4.8k, since you didn't tell your budget i didn't search further, if this is too much tell me i'll try to find smth cheaper, there must be Segotep GP-650G for example which is decent.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/seasonic-gx-650-650w-80-core-gold-full-modular-fan-control-in-fanless-silent-and-cooling-mode-perfect-power-supply-for-gaming-and-various-application-i589156861-s1611818449.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.26.69e65990LrT0sk&search=1

I like the word segotep. It sounds like an Egyptian god from mariocart or something.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

You see guys whenever i put my other 8GB Ram my PC just shutdowns and sometimes blue screen maybe i should get a higherpowersupply, i Already got a 650w CORSAIR VS 

20 minutes ago, Jeyees said:

You see guys whenever i put my other 8GB Ram my PC just shutdowns and sometimes blue screen maybe i should get a higherpowersupply, i Already got a 650w CORSAIR VS 

Possibility your other ram might be bad exists. Have you tried using it instead of current ram rather than along with it?