SuperLux broke, need new 55$ish headphones.

ilove64

Hello, about 3 weeks ago I bought the Superlux HD-681's (http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD-681-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00BWUHHYE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392863999&sr=1-2&keywords=superlux) and I liked them but the right ear side broke... So I'm looking for 55$ ish headphones again.

Will be used for Music mainly, highly prefer over-ear headphones... and will be using them for 10 hours+ daily :P Comfort is important to me then ^_^.

Some I came across....  .

Any of these good? or have any others suggestions? Thanks in advanced. 

Edit: I need them to look good, will be using on phone too, so I need the swag. (Also for livestreaming.)

From what I have heard that only the EVO has problems. The HD-681B is the best option for less than 40$.

Quote me to get a reply!

if you are using it 10+ hours I recommend getting headphones with better build quality, that will cost you but it will be better in the long run, 990's or any of the high end beyerdynamics with their velour pads are beasts at comfort.

From what I have heard that only the EVO has problems. The HD-681B is the best option for less than 40$.

Good to know, I would like something different this time though. 

if you are using it 10+ hours I recommend getting headphones with better build quality, that will cost you but it will be better in the long run, 990's or any of the high end beyerdynamics with their velour pads are beasts at comfort.

55ish dollars man

Quote me to get a reply!

55ish dollars man

..headphones with better build quality, that will cost you but it will be better in the long run

I know mang

What do you think about the Siberia V2 series? I dont have any more then 65$ sadly :P

What do you think about the Siberia V2 series? I dont have any more then 65$ sadly :P

it's worse than the HD 681's, and it's pretty damn plastic-y, like nsyed said go with the HD 681b originals and not the EVO because the EVO has build quality issues, especially concerning the cable that it uses

it's worse than the HD 681's, and it's pretty damn plastic-y, like nsyed said go with the HD 681b originals and not the EVO because the EVO has build quality issues, especially concerning the cable that it uses

Honestly, I don't like how the HD 681b looks like, I know.... I know.... Looks don't matter at all when buying headphones... but they do to me :(

Honestly, I don't like how the HD 681b looks like, I know.... I know.... Looks don't matter at all when buying headphones... but they do to me :(

deal with it, it's the best you can get for the price

Hello, about 3 weeks ago I bought the Superlux HD-681's (http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD-681-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00BWUHHYE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392863999&sr=1-2&keywords=superlux) and I liked them but the right ear side broke... So I'm looking for 55$ ish headphones again.

Will be used for Music mainly, highly prefer over-ear headphones... and will be using them for 10 hours+ daily :P Comfort is important to me then ^_^.

Some I came across....  .

Any of these good? or have any others suggestions? Thanks in advanced. 

Edit: I need them to look good, will be using on phone too, so I need the swag. (Also for livestreaming.)

Takstar HI-2050 comes strongly recommended from me for super cheap - good looking and good performing headphones, check out my sig for more details on it if you want.

#!

Takstar HI-2050 comes strongly recommended from me for super cheap - good looking and good performing headphones, check out my sig for more details on it if you want.

Lovely review! I'll be sure to check them out, thanks!

Btw, in your YouTube channel, when I went to your main page, it shows that you have the Razer Kraken. Are those yours? If so, what are your opinions on them?

Lovely review! I'll be sure to check them out, thanks!

Btw, in your YouTube channel, when I went to your main page, it shows that you have the Razer Kraken. Are those yours? If so, what are your opinions on them?

Yeah I owned the razer krakens for awhile before I lost them, lol.

Umm, in my honest opinion, Super comfortable (I had quite big ears and always run into problems with comfort levels), super rigid (I threw them around as they were a cheap pair of headphones). Very very bassy, a little bit too much for my liking, and a little bit too flashy for my own tastes. No good for any music because of the muddiness of the highs and the lows, but for gaming it's okay. For the price I paid at the time ($99 NZD), there are a lot better headphones out there for the money. I'd probably buy them again if they were $40

#!

'Right ear side broke' as in physically broke into 2 pieces, or just no sound come out of the right side? If it's only no sound come out, maybe it's just a lose soldering that just need an easy re-soldering. I've done a few of this with my cheap headphones back in the days (student days, broke as a hobo, lol)

Anyway, I just bought an audio technica today, the ATH-TAD300 (open back) for around $40. It sounds quite nice to my ears (then again, I don't have audiophile ears, so don't take my words for it, try it for yourself)

In the store, I also tested Senheiser HD202, and it's a close call compared to the TAD300, but I like the TAD300 a little more....

'Right ear side broke' as in physically broke into 2 pieces, or just no sound come out of the right side? If it's only no sound come out, maybe it's just a lose soldering that just need an easy re-soldering. I've done a few of this with my cheap headphones back in the days (student days, broke as a hobo, lol)

Anyway, I just bought an audio technica today, the ATH-TAD300 (open back) for around $40. It sounds quite nice to my ears (then again, I don't have audiophile ears, so don't take my words for it, try it for yourself)

In the store, I also tested Senheiser HD202, and it's a close call compared to the TAD300, but I like the TAD300 a little more....

Almost to 2 pieces, might be my fault, but I will just return it and get something else this time :P

I will check the TAD300 out, thanks.

If you're in the US I'd suggest the Pioneer SE-A1000. I doubt you'll be breaking it under slightly-more-than-regular abuse.