OnePlus 8 Pro or wait for 8T Pro

ExodusFX

Hi there,

currently I am rocking the OnePlus 5T with 64 GB of memory. Since I am a big OnePlus-fan and the OnePlus 8 (Pro) launched, I am thinking about buying it.

Things that bother me with my current 5T:

• 64 GB is not that much since I am doing a lot of pictures.
  • The female USB-C-plug for charging is kinda loose, and this is why Dash-Charging is not working most of times.

Things I like about the 8 Pro:

• Wireless Charging with Warp-30
  • No pup-out or notch-camera
  • Great display

I am not sure if I should wait for the next-gen 8T Pro or get the 8 Pro (non T).

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Max

3 hours ago, ExodusFX said:

Hi there,

currently I am rocking the OnePlus 5T with 64 GB of memory. Since I am a big OnePlus-fan and the OnePlus 8 (Pro) launched, I am thinking about buying it.

Things that bother me with my current 5T:

• 64 GB is not that much since I am doing a lot of pictures.
  • The female USB-C-plug for charging is kinda loose, and this is why Dash-Charging is not working most of times.

Things I like about the 8 Pro:

• Wireless Charging with Warp-30
  • No pup-out or notch-camera
  • Great display

I am not sure if I should wait for the next-gen 8T Pro or get the 8 Pro (non T).

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Max

I'd go for the 8 Pro now.  The T update is frequently a modest refresh, and your phone's been around for long enough that you'd appreciate the upgrade right away.

You said it yourself, you are a fan of one plus, if you have the 5t and you want to change the answer it is from the street, change it (when it comes out, of course) but keep in mind that the T version is always to improve things that the version did not have previous year, I would buy the one plus 8 pro for some money without further ado, but if money is not an impediment, as if choosing between a HD movie by tarantino and one by Ryan Fleck, I grab tarantino ( one plus 8T pro) 

Buy now, if you need one now.

Oneplus launches a new model every 6 months~.

So if you wait 6 month now, why shouldn't you wait 6 more month for the Oneplus 9 Pro? And then you could wait 6 Month for the 9T Pro

If the next one is like <2 Months away, i would wait. Otherwise, buy it and be happy.