Packard with all the latest goods - New HP laptops reveiled

williamcll

There's the Envy Series in 13/15/17 inch sizes as well as the X360 convertable. Comes with both Intel and AMD options: Note that some models of HP envy already comes with 10th intel G series and Nvidia MX330.

csm_HP_ENVY_15_NaturalSilver_Hero_FrontL

HP just announced a whole family of refreshed Envy laptops this week ranging from the small 13.3-inch Envy 13 to the roomy 17.3-inch Envy 17. The Envy series is home to the company's mid-range to upper mid-range laptops just beneath the flagship Spectre series but well above the budget Pavilion series. To the eyes of HP, the Envy would make for a great alternative to the MacBook Pro 16. During the announcement, the OEM directly compared its upcoming Envy 15 to the 2019 MacBook Pro 16 to show off all the advantages that the HP system has to offer. The most notable differences are the faster Intel 10th gen CPU options, RT-enabled GeForce RTX 2060 GPU, BIOS level security features, and wider array of integrated ports as summarized by the official HP slide below.csm_Creators_VPB_April_14_01_bd1c03b6f6.

csm_HP_ENXY_360_15_NightfallBlack_Tablet

Following on the footsteps of the upcoming 2020 Envy 15 clamshell will be the 2020 Envy x360 15 convertible version. The model will replace the 2019 Envy x360 15 by introducing updated processor options and a sharper, thinner chassis design. Our table below summarizes some key differences between the 2019 and 2020 models. The most visually noticeable change will be the smaller "chin" bezel for a smaller footprint overall. HP says the two RAM slots are not user-accessible meaning that owners may risk voiding their warranties if attempting to perform any upgrades themselves. Four SKUs will be made available at launch with the Core i5-1035G1, Core i7-1065G7, Ryzen 5 4500U, and Ryzen 7 4700U CPUs all with integrated graphics and FHD touchscreens. HP plans on offering additional SKUs with discrete GeForce MX330 graphics and a 4K UHD AMOLED option at a future date. Comparisons between the Intel and AMD SKUs should be amusing especially in terms of performance. If the Ryzen 7 4700U and its integrated Vega graphics can come close to the gaming performance of the Intel-only GeForce MX330 option, for example, then AMD would have a winner on its hands. HP will be pricing the AMD SKUs at a lower starting price than the Intel SKUs when they all become available this May.

image.png.71b4254b70a96b8dd30eb0a188a68328.png

The workstation series Z also got a refresh, now available with quadro processors:

ZBook_Studio_Create_15_WS_FrontRight_2.j

After refreshing its entire Envy series for consumers, HP doesn't want to leave any professionals in the dust. The ZBook workstation series will be getting two new high-performance 15.6-inch ZBook models this year called the ZBook Create and the ZBook Studio. The ZBook Create and Studio laptops will be identical to each other save for their GPUs. The former can be configured with up to the GeForce RTX 2080 Super while the latter can be configured with up to the Quadro RTX 5000 for an insane level of graphics performance considering the size. In fact, HP is promising up to 7x faster graphics rendering than the MacBook Pro 16 with the Radeon Pro 5500M while weighing less (1.9 kg vs. 2 kg). Perhaps the most striking feature of the new ZBook is its design. The narrow bezels, 17.5 mm thickness, and sleek looks have all been clearly inspired by the rise of ultra-thin GeForce Studio laptops like the Gigabyte Aero series or the Razer Blade Pro series. In comparison, traditional ZBook laptops like the ZBook G5 are typically boxy and thick with more integrated ports and customizable options than the new ZBook Create or Studio. HP says the slimmer design is 22 percent smaller in volume when compared to the older ZBook models.

image.png.bea32913cdf46e0771868e1b165666a0.png

Some of the sites on HP has yet to update however.

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-compares-its-latest-2020-Envy-15-to-the-MacBook-Pro-16-and-it-conveniently-leaves-out-some-important-differences.461630.0.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-HP-Envy-x360-15-with-AMD-Ryzen-7-will-undercut-the-Intel-Core-i7-SKU-by-about-150-USD.461728.0.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-Create-and-Studio-workstations-will-be-even-lighter-than-the-Razer-Blade-15-Studio-come-with-Quadro-RTX-5000-and-GeForce-RTX-2080-Super-options.461730.0.html

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zbook-studio.html

Thoughts: Sounds promising but I am unsure if HP fixed all the issues that Linus mentioned about the 2019 model, and I don't think any of these laptops will come cheap either.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Doubles as a sandwich press.

Meanwhile no 4900H :/

csm_Creators_VPB_April_14_01_bd1c03b6f6.png

this is just sad. the new hp laptop looks very similar to a 15" MacBook Pro from 2015 or earlier, so they already ripped off the design, and then they do this... 

I can name just as many pro's for Apple's side lol. 

that would go something like this:

• Support for all industry standard apps, including Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro
  • Integration into Apple ecosystem
  • Supports Google Drive and Dropbox for file sharing, you don't need to use Airdrop, but it's available. 
  • the security things hp lists baffles me. express vpn and last pass support macOS, and the MacBook has the T2 chip for drive encryption. physical webcam shutter isn't really needed on macOS because the OS itself is way more secure than Windows, and mute mic, what does that mean? I can mute my Mic in audio preferences on macOS lol. 
  • extra performance, I mean maybe. depends on if hp's thermals are good. like we saw with the Asus ZenBook Pro i9 and the 2018 i9 MBP if you don't have good cooling putting in high performance parts is pointless. 
  • more ppi is pointless. the whole idea with the Retina marketing is that you cannot see the difference if you go higher so there is no point. even LMG admits this, with many 4K laptops being criticised on LTT for not just having a 1440p screen... 
Edited by Twilight
typo

She/Her

HP has been doing a great job with there systems lately. Love the HP Elitebooks. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

56 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

But the macs have this distinct rounded edges look + flow of the construction  and the envy... just has the colour of a mac. Anybody looking at it will know its a "windows" laptop. Even the folio line looks more like a mac than this.

just compare. 

csm_HP_ENVY_15_NaturalSilver_Hero_FrontLeft_d338e8516f.jpg

apple-macbook-pro-2013-15-me294na.jpg

She/Her