Hi,

I just finish building a new PC with the following specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3600x

MB: MSI B450-A PRO

RAM: HyperX dual Channel (2x8) 3000GHz

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 206 0 WINDFORCE OC 6G

PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 530W

Case: DeepCool GamerStorm 310p 

The case has a top mash panel but a solid front panel (which has very small intake airflow if I put the 3 fans from the front on intake mode). Right now the fan set-up is the following: 3 intake in front, 1 exhaust in the back and two exhaust on the top. 

In order to maximize the airflow I was thinking:

1. either changing one of the fans on the top to intake and moving it as much as I can to the front of the top panel 

2. or just switch both the top fans to intake and maybe the front fans to exhaust.

Not sure if it makes any sense (this is my first build) but because there is little space in the front of the case I don't think I have enough intake.

Thank you!

interior.jpeg

exterior.jpeg

7 hours ago, MateiT said:

The case has a top mash panel but a solid front panel (which has very small intake airflow if I put the 3 fans from the front on intake mode). Right now the fan set-up is the following: 3 intake in front, 1 exhaust in the back and two exhaust on the top. 

In order to maximize the airflow I was thinking:

Here's a question first. What are your at load temps? And are you happy with them? Sure the case doesnt exactly have the best airflow, but 3600x's and RTx 2060's aernt heat pumping chips either.

Should you determine "Yes, the heat is excessive" one option you could try if you're okay with dusting your system a lot is setting all the fans to exhaust. The theory behind this is the air will have to come in from any ventilation holes it can, namely, the PCI-E brackets, which your GPU will get the most benefit from (Meaning, you'll have lower GPU temps but higher CPU temps).

Setting the top fans to exhaust an the front as exhaust will give the CPU cooler temps, but give the GPU warmer temps since the card's fans aernt facing where the airflow is coming from.

Another option is to modify the front panel to give it ventilation holes. This is the most extreme option, but having the front fans pull in air better will greatly help lower temps for both CPU and GPU alike.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 4/14/2020 at 8:47 PM, TVwazhere said:

Here's a question first. What are your at load temps? And are you happy with them? Sure the case doesnt exactly have the best airflow, but 3600x's and RTx 2060's aernt heat pumping chips either.

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I ran a cpu stress test with prime95 and the cpu got to around 87ish almost immediately (a few minutes in) but kind of stayed there for about 1.5h (this is how much I ran the test). When I did the CPU stress test with MSI Kombustor the CPU stayed at 80 grades Celsius.

Not sure if these are good temps or not. I will try to actually get some temps after I play a bit with it.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, MateiT said:

Not sure if these are good temps or not. I will try to actually get some temps after I play a bit with it.

For a stress test on the stock cooler, it's fine. They're not great temps but your system isnt officially overheating yet (unless your chip is reducing clocks to stay at 87ºC) Keep in mind prime95 will stress your CPU more than just about anything you'd actually do with your system though, so your real world temps in games should be lower.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25