Asus's GT710 or PNY's GT710

Boomwebsearch

Hi LinusTechTips Community,

I am wondering which variant of the GT 710 I should select, I fully understand that this card is not that good in terms of performance and that it is not of good value (price to performance), although since I need the GT710 specifically for a computer that I am working on.

Should I select the Asus GT710 or the PNY GT710 (please ignore the small difference in price, if they both cost the same, then which one would be better to select)?

Links to afformentioned products:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-Gt710-Sl-2Gd5-Csm-Graphics-Card-GT710-SL-2GD5-CSM/215437937?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9009996&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=215437937&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7obpk8bU6AIVysDICh3wcgtUEAQYAyABEgLpe_D_BwE

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-nvidia-geforce-gt-710-verto-2gb-ddr3-pci-express-2-0-graphics-card-black/5092306.p?skuId=5092306

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

The ASUS card will last longer and will generally be more worth it. The bigger companies is always the safer way to go. In my experience, ASUS is more reliable than PNY. Though don't get me wrong, PNY is still good.

17 minutes ago, itzonlyme999 said:

The ASUS card will last longer and will generally be more worth it. The bigger companies is always the safer way to go. In my experience, ASUS is more reliable than PNY. Though don't get me wrong, PNY is still good.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

the asus one seems to be the gddr5 model, which is much better. 

Thanks for the replies,

My main concern would be the longevity of the card and that the card's cooling system is effective. Would the fan design of the PNY graphics card be better for cooling performance than the passive-cooler on the Asus model?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

Thanks for the replies,

My main concern would be the longevity of the card and that the card's cooling system is effective. Would the fan design of the PNY graphics card be better for cooling performance than the passive-cooler on the Asus model?

I have a 710 with a tiny heatsink, the cooling won't be an issue, they make very little heat.

10 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Thanks for the replies,

Cooling won't be problem no matter what card you get, a gt710 creates a very small amount of heat, though I would assume ASUS cooling system is superior.

1 hour ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Thanks for the replies,

Let me know which one you choose in the end!