AX1000 Corsair

Lfc
Go to solution Solved by Lfc,

I just bought AX1000! 

Can't wait to see it in my bedroom! 

First nights before building we will sleep together!

😇🥰🤗

IMG_20200416_001051.jpg

Case corsair 540 air carbide

Cpu Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU sapphire RX5700XT nitro+

Sapphire QVL PSU 650 minimum

From Asus pro QVL Corsair RM650X only(RM750X don't exist) 

Because hungry power Ryzen 7 2700X I want to use 750W PSU

In Asus compatibility have other as CX750 but I want gold

Can I use RM750X? 

You should be more than fine with a decent 550W PSU. The 2700X is nowhere near as power hungry as some higher end CPUs. You can use the RM750x, but that would be unnecessary. Ignore the QVL. The 80+ rating also says nothing about how good a PSU is, so just ignore those as well. Just make sure to get a decent PSU.

:)

23 minutes ago, Lfc said:

Because hungry power Ryzen 7 2700X I want to use 750W PSU

That CPU uses a little under 200 watts, at the absolute maximum. And that's with a very, very significant overclock.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

You should be more than fine with a decent 550W PSU. The 2700X is nowhere near as power hungry as some higher end CPUs. You can use the RM750x, but that would be unnecessary. Ignore the QVL. The 80+ rating also says nothing about how good a PSU is, so just ignore those as well. Just make sure to get a decent PSU.

If he ignore Asus QVL he can find and other good PSUs like Corsair TX750M

Rm750x have

PCI Express Connector

4 x 6+2pins

Cpu Connector

1 x 24pins (20+4pins)

TX750M is compatible with motherboard X570 about connectors? (8+4 pin)

I ask because and i wanna use this PSU with Aorus X570 pro

Screenshot_2020-04-06 Vista Procedure - AMD_X570_DEVICE_QVL2 pdf.png

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

That CPU uses a little under 200 watts, at the absolute maximum. And that's with a very, very significant overclock.

200watts Cpu + 400 GPU from sapphire site

That's the reason who sapphire tell about 650watts minimum PSU? 

1 minute ago, Lfc said:

200watts Cpu + 400 GPU from sapphire site

That's the reason who sapphire tell about 650watts minimum PSU? 

The graphics card will draw less than 250 watts.

If you're not doing extreme overclocking, you can run this whole setup off a 450 watt PSU technically. The CX450 only has one PCIe 6+2 pin connector though, so you should get the CX550 if you were looking at budget options.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Tell my one good please

I like corsair RM750X

Corsair rm650x

Corsair Tx750m is good about connectors 8+4 to X570 board? 

4 minutes ago, Lfc said:

Tell my one good please

I like corsair RM750X

Corsair rm650x

Corsair Tx750m is good about connectors 8+4 to X570 board? 

you can ignore the extra connectors. TX550M, RM550X are good options. Seasonic Focus GX-550, Phanteks AMP 550W.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The graphics card will draw less than 250 watts.

If you're not doing extreme overclocking, you can run this whole setup off a 450 watt PSU technically. The CX450 only has one PCIe 6+2 pin connector though, so you should get the CX550 if you were looking at budget options.

I choose  X570 Asus prime pro cause feature upgrades

I wanna keep the same strategy and with PSU

I want only upgrade CPU in the future or buy and another one GPU...  (Run with 2 GPUs) 

So can I use RM750X from now or TX750M? 

Which from this 2? 

Just now, Lfc said:

I choose  X570 Asus prime pro cause feature upgrades

I wanna keep the same strategy and with PSU

I want only upgrade CPU in the future or buy and another one GPU...  (Run with 2 GPUs) 

So can I use RM750X from now or TX750M? 

Which from this 2? 

Is this a gaming PC? If it is, don't bother with two graphics cards. If you need them for something else, what two will you be using?

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

you can ignore the extra connectors. TX550M, RM550X are good options. Seasonic Focus GX-550, Phanteks AMP 550W.

About upgrade strategy? 

I am wrong? 

Is this a gaming PC? If it is, don't bother with two graphics cards. If you need them for something else, what two will you be using?

Gaming of course but if I upgrade in 2 years to ryzen 9 3950X? 

I don't want to buy and new PSU.. again

9 minutes ago, Lfc said:

Gaming of course but if I upgrade in 2 years to ryzen 9 3950X? 

I don't want to buy and new PSU.. again

If this is a gaming PC, a Ryzen 9 3950X won't be providing you a gaming benefit in 2 years, and neither will a second graphics card. If you intend to make this as good of a gaming PC as possible, I recommend, at most, a ryzen 9 4900X and 3080 ti, whenever those are available to you. A max of 650 watts is as high as you'd need.

Of course, we may well see that the 4900X doesn't give any benefit over the 4700X, so who really knows?

Primary PC:

What is better? 

To go with  RM650X as Asus X570 prime pro QVL says or

With RM750X or TX750X for future upgrades? Or with other 750 Watts PSU from Asus QVL compatible? 

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If this is a gaming PC, a Ryzen 9 3950X won't be providing you a gaming benefit in 2 years, and neither will a second graphics card. If you intend to make this as good of a gaming PC as possible, I recommend, at most, a ryzen 9 4900X and 3080 ti, whenever those are available to you. A max of 650 watts is as high as you'd need.

Of course, we may we'll see that the 4900X doesn't give any benefit over the 4700X, so who really knows?

Thats my fault... 

I built not for now and this is impossible... 

Who knows... about future gaming PC.. 

Thanks a million mate! 

Really appreciate

16 minutes ago, Lfc said:

What is better? 

To go with  RM650X as Asus X570 prime pro QVL says or

With RM750X or TX750X for future upgrades? Or with other 750 Watts PSU from Asus QVL compatible? 

The RM650X is quite a quality power supply, I think it would be a solid purchase for your PC. The RMX is one step up from the TXM in corsair's lineup so it's a little more premium quality.

Primary PC:

15 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The RM650X is quite a quality power supply, I think it would be a solid purchase for your PC. The RMX is one step up from the TXM in corsair's lineup so it's a little more premium quality.

What's the difference with RM750X who Asus have no in QVL

Why Asus have other 750 Watts PSUs in QVL like corsair CX750 and have no RM750X? 

Thanks a million mate

I will go with RM650X! Thanks again who explain me about RMX is better than TMX and if it's easy to you and have time answer my last question. 

1 minute ago, Lfc said:

What's the difference with RM750X who Asus have no in QVL

Why Asus have other 750 Watts PSUs in QVL like corsair CX750 and have no RM750X? 

It's confusing why there's even a QVL for power supplies in the first place. 

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Where? I can't find this? 

I just found the  RM750X and RM650X at the same price.. 10 euros difference.. 

I can't buy RM750X if not exist in Asus QVL 😞☹️😞

It's the same product? The same weight the same year 2018 ? 

Or RM650X is newer

Somewhere read RM650X is about 3.3 kilos

and RM750X is 1.3 kilos.. 

Really confused😕❓

It's the same product series? 

1 minute ago, Lfc said:

It's the same product? The same weight the same year 2018 ? 

Or RM650X is newer

Somewhere read RM650X is about 3.3 kilos

and RM750X is 1.3 kilos.. 

Really confused

I don't believe I've heard these specifics before, but I don't think the power supply weight is a big deal. There's a 2013 and 2018 model of the RMX, but both are quite good.

3 minutes ago, Lfc said:

I just found the  RM750X and RM650X at the same price.. 10 euros difference

If the RM750X is on sale, then it would be a good purchase (or if the 650X is just too expensive for its own good)

Primary PC:

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Asus "support" is well known with some forum members for... well.... lack of supportiveness i guess.

Might be a strategy of having a qvl with a few units so that support requests for all and any unrelated issues can be denied based on using some component not on qvl, therefore product not guarranteed to work.

A more positive explanation would be to discourage people from buying $300 boards with trillion phase Vrms then connecting a wonk-chong-bang-flame brand "gaming RGB" psu that can barely deliver 100w 12v.

I don't believe I've heard these specifics before, but I don't think the power supply weight is a big deal. There's a 2013 and 2018 model of the RMX, but both are quite good.

If the RM750X is on sale, then it would be a good purchase (or if the 650X is just too expensive for its own good)

I just found it my friend in Asus QVL first page. Asus have 2 pages. You saying that clear! 🤓

Thank you thank you Really thank you

They have RM850X and RM750 without Me

Is this other PSU;

23 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Asus "support" is well known with some forum members for... well.... lack of supportiveness i guess.

Might be a strategy of having a qvl with a few units so that support requests for all and any unrelated issues can be denied based on using some component not on qvl, therefore product not guarranteed to work.

A more positive explanation would be to discourage people from buying $300 boards with trillion phase Vrms then connecting a wonk-chong-bang-flame brand "gaming RGB" psu that can barely deliver 100w 12v.

I don't think so... 

I have already trust a company buying her products.. Where is the problem if I read the QVL to buy compatible parts or parts who suggest? 

18 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Thanks for patience to explaining mate

Really appreciate 

Last question

Rm750x or Rm650x the newer product? 

I think both is 2018

2 minutes ago, Lfc said:

I don't think so... 

I have already trust a company buying her products..

Ive got asus stuff too, so not bashing their products :)

Some of their products are good, but if you need their support, well, they dont have the best name in that department.

Doesnt stop me from buying their stuff though, i consider their quality premium so i figure their support may have a bad name but theres less likelyhood of needing it (grain of salt: this is based on my experience and thus a completely irrelevant small dataset 😂).

But be carefull with brand loyalty with pc components, theres no persistent logic to the good stuff. B450,msi great, asus below average, x570 asus great, msi below average. Brand x psu y, great, same brand x psu z, crap.

Anyhow, your well underway for a nice build and combo, hooe you enjoy every minute of it, now and in the future when upgrading :) :)