What do you guys think?

ferret63

At first I thought you were trying to code something.
Then I saw it was just a PCPP list.

Please format it correctly :) 

I wouldnt be going with intel at all for this range of system. AMD has many better offerings that will give you more performance.

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

At first I thought you were trying to code something.
Then I saw it was just a PCPP list.

Please format it correctly :) 

Like your windows wallpapers. 👍

Just made some minor changes for now. Come back when you are actually going to purchase, a lot of things and prices can change in 2 months - especially these times. It's an AMD based system, went with the stock cooler, faster RGB ram, NVMe m.2 SSD, 1660 Super, RGB airflow case, cheaper PSU. You really don't need 750W. If you want fully modular, go with the Phanteks AMP - but again: prices might change.

I'd personally get even faster and cheaper non-RGB ram for the system and get a cheaper non-RGB case. Add some RGB fans later if you want lighting.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vyCHrV

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: GeIL SUPER LUCE RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($81.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.95 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($224.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N250PCe PCIe x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter  ($21.99 @ Newegg) 
Speakers: Logitech Z200 0 nW 2.0 Channel Speakers  ($20.69) 
Custom: Redragon K552-RGB KUMARA RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Black)  ($42.99 @ Amazon) 
Custom: Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" Full HD (1920 x 1080) TN Monitor with 144hz Refresh Rate & AMD FREESYNC Technology (Display Port, HDMI/MHL, & DVI Port)  ($199.99) 
Custom: LUXCOMS RGB Gaming Mouse Pad, Extra Large Soft LED Extended Mouse pad (10 Lighting Modes), Anti-Slip Rubber Base Computer Keyboard Mat - 31.5 X 11.8 X 0.15 Inch  ($19.99) 
Custom: Pictek Customizable Rgb Backlit Gaming Mouse Wired, 10 Programmable Buttons, Fire & Sniper Button, 12000 DPI, Weight and Balance Tuning, Lag-Free Ergonomic Game USB PC Computer Mice  ($19.99) 
Total: $1207.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-05 18:44 EDT-0400

Edited by ShinRamen
Switched SSD following info from comment below. Adjusted formatting.

5 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

The SN550 doesn't have any DRAM cache and also doesn't use a Host Memory Buffer.

Therefor I would not recommend this drive.

Source:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wd-blue-sn550-m2-nvme-ssd-review-best-dramless-ssd-yet

Hey there. My opinions:

• Like Slottr and ShinRamen said, I'd probably go with AMD. Micro Center and Newegg are having/have had some pretty sick Ryzen sales recently (AMD Ryzen 5 3600 for $159.99 at Micro Center, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X for $179.99 at Micro Center).
  • If you play for Team Red, the stock cooler (AMD Wraith Spire Cooler) is good enough for casual gaming. Could save you a few bucks that you could invest into other parts of your system, such as the graphics card (GTX 1660, RX 5500 XT, or RX 590, maybe?).
  • Also, I noticed you went with an unlocked Intel processor, but your motherboard doesn't support overclocking. Do you plan on overclocking your CPU? If overclocking isn't important to you and if you're dead-set on Intel, shave down a couple of bucks and go with an Intel Core i5-9600. Otherwise, go with a Z-series motherboard.
  • Not sure if you need a 750W PSU for your setup, especially if you don't plan to overclock. If I were in your shoes I'd divert some of that PSU budget into upgrading other parts of your system.
  • Perhaps consider another budget monitor, or consider diverting some of your monitor funds towards your PC? I went with the Sceptre E255B ($163 when I bought it) and I have to say, I am crazy incredibly happy with this monitor.

If you're on a budget I'd sacrifice the RGB for better performance, but hey, if it's important to you, do what makes you happy.

I wish you luck with your build. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)