[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

I was Planning to buy this case but it does not have a optical bay or 5.25 Drive so Is there any mods for this. or I have to DEAL WITH IT??

What do u want to do with the drive bay? Put a CDB-rom? Just get an external one.

I have the nzxt hue which is a drive bay mount hidden under the shroud.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

I was Planning to buy this case but it does not have a optical bay or 5.25 Drive so Is there any mods for this. or I have to DEAL WITH IT??

just buy an external

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Someone who has experience in using this case in combination with a 360 + 240 rad? I still have an HDD, but this case also has mounts in the bottom of the case. I don't know whether a thin radiator would fit though. 

Someone who has experience in using this case in combination with a 360 + 240 rad? I still have an HDD, but this case also has mounts in the bottom of the case. I don't know whether a thin radiator would fit though. 

I have a 240mm at the top and a 360mm at the front.

My 2 ssd's are mounted o nthe PSU shroud and my HDD is mounted on the bottom of the case

my rads are 30mm each

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Hi Guys.

What type of fan do you have as rear exhaust. SP or AF?

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Hi Guys.

AF, its open so Af will work great

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Here's mine, nothing special.cW5BtpR.jpg

CPU: Intel Core I7 4790k @ 4.0ghz MOBO: Asus z97-A GPU:  EVGA 970 SSC SLI  RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866  PSU: Corsair HX850W STORAGE: Kingston SSD 120GB, 1TB WD, 500GB WD CASE: NZXT H440

Hi Guys.

I have a Corsair AF 140 as the exhaust, moves air great. I plan on getting 3 SP fans in the front, and will have some AF fans on the top for exhaust.

Here are some pictures of my recent H440 build:- http://imgur.com/a/xgIaS that replaced my Corsair 760T build:- http://imgur.com/a/Sd43J

Pretty happy with the way its turned out, I think getting as colour matching as I could has paid off. I'm considering one of those 980 "HOF" editions with the white PCB when I replace the GPU later this year.

hi,

where can i get sata cable for seasonic platinum for my ssd in the front??

thank

hi,

where can i get sata cable for seasonic platinum for my ssd in the front??

thank

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

bitfenix and others make Molex SATA extensions.

whats this case*** compatibility  with water cooling like?

i wanted to buy this really cool looking reservoir but will i have space to show it on this case?

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

bitfenix and others make Molex SATA extensions.

thank

What you think of mine?

post-131546-0-76270000-1428744277_thumb.

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

anyone using the nzxt Kraken X61 in the front? thoughts?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

anyone using the nzxt Kraken X61 in the front? thoughts?

Your probably better putting it in the top and leaving the 3 fans in the front for optimal airflow through the case

Future Build: Intel i7-4790K // Corsair H100i GTX in Pull // ASUS Maximus VII Hero // HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz // ASUS Strix Nvidia 980Ti (Still to purchase) // Corsair HX1000i (With CableMod C-Series Black/Red cables) // Storage / HyperX Savage 240GB  SSD / HyperX Savage 480GB SSD / Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD // NZXT H440 Black/Red (With SP120 QE's x3 as intake, AF140 QE x1 exhaust) [still to purchase and intall the fans] // Windows 10 Home // Case extras / mnpctech.com clear replacement CNC machined H440 replacement window (Still to buy) / Bitfenix Alcamy 2.0 Magnetic white LED strip (Have pre-ordered)

What you think of mine?

attachicon.gifPc good pic.jpg

I liked the matt black with blue details and nearly chose that colour to colour match my other mobo, have you got any more pics? Internally and so on? 

I liked the matt black with blue details and nearly chose that colour to colour match my other mobo, have you got any more pics? Internally and so on? 

No sorry mate! The files are to large and its a pain to connect my laptop to the NAS (use my PC only for gaming nothing else!) but look online and there are alot of pictures, its a very clean case I must say, the only problem is that the matt finsih can mark super SUPER easy so I may get it powder coated once of these days!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

No sorry mate! The files are to large and its a pain to connect my laptop to the NAS (use my PC only for gaming nothing else!) but look online and there are alot of pictures, its a very clean case I must say, the only problem is that the matt finsih can mark super SUPER easy so I may get it powder coated once of these days!

That's a shame from that picture it looks pretty sweet, it is a very clean looking case. The chamber separation really helps with that, I found that despite the tight space its easy to get the wires well managed and out of the way. The limited space between the right side panel and behind the mobo tray incentivised to make a tight clean job with the cable management, if the matt finish marks easily I'm glad I didn't get that colour in the end.

The side window marks super easily, despite me being really careful with it and wiping it down with damp, very soft  microfibre cloths (Ones I got from an optician for cleaning glasses) it has still ended up with very fine scratches. From accidental stray contact with finger nails I guess, they are not too bad but its annoying.

Still that matt black and the blue looks really nice, good job on that.

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I have just joined this forum to seek some help. I am new and have recently (my first time) built a system using Razer's edition of the H440. Currently, my top radiator (Corsair H105) is set as an air out put. So i have 3 intakes at the front and 2 at the top (H105) and a rear exhaust. I've watched youtube and read online about positive, negative, and neutral air pressure as well as their effects, which makes me wonder, which might be the best? Especially the H440 is not airflow optimized particularly the exhaust at the top where the air flow must flow out through the top-side vents. What do you guys think and what's your setup of the fans?

Besides that, my case has a faulty LED switch and it causes the LED cable (to the switch) to melt, so I can't turn on the LEDs. I've contacted NZXT and damn, their customer service is so slow. The employee said she is more than happy to help me and requested my address and invoice (on April 2), I replied on the same day, no reply. On April 9, I asked how is she gonna help me since she didnt mention how, and no reply until now. :/ sad....

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I have just joined this forum to seek some help. I am new and have recently (my first time) built a system using Razer's edition of the H440. Currently, my top radiator (Corsair H105) is set as an air out put. So i have 3 intakes at the front and 2 at the top (H105) and a rear exhaust. I've watched youtube and read online about positive, negative, and neutral air pressure as well as their effects, which makes me wonder, which might be the best? Especially the H440 is not airflow optimized particularly the exhaust at the top where the air flow must flow out through the top-side vents. What do you guys think and what's your setup of the fans?

Besides that, my case has a faulty LED switch and it causes the LED cable (to the switch) to melt, so I can't turn on the LEDs. I've contacted NZXT and damn, their customer service is so slow. The employee said she is more than happy to help me and requested my address and invoice (on April 2), I replied on the same day, no reply. On April 9, I asked how is she gonna help me since she didnt mention how, and no reply until now. :/ sad....

To get the best airflow i would have 3 in (the front) and 3 out (rear and the top). That is exactly how I am going to be setting mine up when I build mine with the black/red H440, I am also going to be replacing all of the fans with Corsair SP120 (Static Pressure) Quiet Edition fans.

Having neutral is the best (3 in/3 out), it will make sure that the airflow through the case is level. Doing this will keep equal pressure too.

Future Build: Intel i7-4790K // Corsair H100i GTX in Pull // ASUS Maximus VII Hero // HyperX Savage 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz // ASUS Strix Nvidia 980Ti (Still to purchase) // Corsair HX1000i (With CableMod C-Series Black/Red cables) // Storage / HyperX Savage 240GB  SSD / HyperX Savage 480GB SSD / Seagate Baracuda 3TB HDD // NZXT H440 Black/Red (With SP120 QE's x3 as intake, AF140 QE x1 exhaust) [still to purchase and intall the fans] // Windows 10 Home // Case extras / mnpctech.com clear replacement CNC machined H440 replacement window (Still to buy) / Bitfenix Alcamy 2.0 Magnetic white LED strip (Have pre-ordered)

To get the best airflow i would have 3 in (the front) and 3 out (rear and the top). That is exactly how I am going to be setting mine up when I build mine with the black/red H440, I am also going to be replacing all of the fans with Corsair SP120 (Static Pressure) Quiet Edition fans.

Having neutral is the best (3 in/3 out), it will make sure that the airflow through the case is level. Doing this will keep equal pressure in the case.

This is exactly how I have mine also, even down to the same fans mentioned.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

This is exactly how I have mine also, even down to the same fans mentioned.

aha Neat, how is the airflow for you?

aha Neat, how is the airflow for you?

Its fine to be honest. My cards are abit hotter than I would like but that is because of the cards (2.5 slot in SLI no much room to breathe). Everything else if fine.

Its never going to be amazing airflow but that is not what the case is designed for.