Mini R134a cooler

Hey team,

Just spotted this on youtube   

would be small enough to build into a case as a stealth project and then turn up to Jayz or Nexus and give them a run for there money.

I'm a refrigeration/hvac mechanic and a pc gamer. I could make it happen. Chilled water is certainly the easiest. I don't ever see any sub zero glycol loops out there, but it's very possible. DX cooling has been done before, but not VRF AFAIK. That would take a LOT of money and time. On a similar note, I had a few other ideas for water cooling, like dumping the heat into the concrete slab/geo loop, or using 3 ton (ref capacity, not weight) coils instead of those cute little rads that pc's use right now.

1 hour ago, trixter192 said:

I'm a refrigeration/hvac mechanic and a pc gamer. I could make it happen. Chilled water is certainly the easiest. I don't ever see any sub zero glycol loops out there, but it's very possible. DX cooling has been done before, but not VRF AFAIK. That would take a LOT of money and time. On a similar note, I had a few other ideas for water cooling, like dumping the heat into the concrete slab/geo loop, or using 3 ton (ref capacity, not weight) coils instead of those cute little rads that pc's use right now.

Same here! I'm actually waiting for a decent coil I can salvage and use. I've only been replacing old nasty ones recently. Already have a ecm blower assembly from a dead unit. I plan to mount it in my garage, it's never over 75 in there and 10 out of 12 months it's below 65.

Regarding geothermal, my wife veto'd my ground loop idea when I mentioned digging up the side yard....

As far as OPs question. It's doable, but you'd need some professional knowledge. I agree with trixter that chilled water would be the best way to go.

I know Linus did a review of a case that has a compressor and DX CPU cooling block. It was $1000 or so I think?