A-RGB Fan Controller - Mobo Connector?

gm8675309

What connector do I need to buy to make this fan controller work directly with my mobo for a-rgb control through the software utility? I bought this from CyberPower and have been on the phone twice with the wrong cable being sent, so am out on my own now. I already have added two ARGB led strips that are connected to the mobo, but I would also like to use the software utility to control the fans by connecting the this fan controller and the two ARGB strips.

Photos attached.

Mobo: ASROCK X570 PRO 4 ATX w/ RGB

Fans: 6X 120mm ARGB Fans (direct from CyberPower, unclear on brand)

Fan Controller: XQ-HCRF-8-3.0 (photo attached)

What cables and where do I procure them?

fancontroller.jpg

If the motherboard has A-RGB headers on it already, Which I am sure it does, why not just plug the A-RGB cables right into the motherboard and use the ASRock client to run the lighting? really all you would need is the little extensions to combine the LED strips if the strips support that.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

30 minutes ago, gm8675309 said:

What connector do I need to buy to make this fan controller work directly with my mobo for a-rgb control through the software utility?

<snip>

What cables and where do I procure them?

<snip>

https://www.moddiy.com/products/Corsair-LED-RGB-3-Pin-to-5v-RGB-3-Pin-Female-Connector-Adapter-Cable.html

That one? it's hard to tell from a picture what kind of connector that is. This cable should have came with your 'pooter'.

2 minutes ago, RandleMcmurphy said:

https://www.moddiy.com/products/Corsair-LED-RGB-3-Pin-to-5v-RGB-3-Pin-Female-Connector-Adapter-Cable.html

That one? it's hard to tell from a picture what kind of connector that is. This cable should have came with your 'pooter'.

That does look awfully close. I agree it should have come with the pooter and installed. I called CyberPower and they sent me a cable and it also didn't work (wrong connector). For $10, it might be worth a try.

19 minutes ago, CPT_BEEMO said:

If the motherboard has A-RGB headers on it already, Which I am sure it does, why not just plug the A-RGB cables right into the motherboard and use the ASRock client to run the lighting? really all you would need is the little extensions to combine the LED strips if the strips support that.

That might be a good solution. Mobo only has 1 ARGB header. Where can I find the appropriate splitters or adapters to join them all together? 

I am a little worried about power draw direct from Mobo as well. Right now only the ARGB strips are fed directly from the mobo and the fans are on this controller which also has power fed to it directly.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:36 PM, gm8675309 said:

That does look awfully close. I agree it should have come with the pooter and installed. I called CyberPower and they sent me a cable and it also didn't work (wrong connector). For $10, it might be worth a try.

That might be a good solution. Mobo only has 1 ARGB header. Where can I find the appropriate splitters or adapters to join them all together? 

I am a little worried about power draw direct from Mobo as well. Right now only the ARGB strips are fed directly from the mobo and the fans are on this controller which also has power fed to it directly.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=addressable+rgb+extension+cable&ref=nb_sb_noss

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Follow-up - 

I bought the 1 to 5 CoolerMaster ARGB splitter cable ($17) from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083X1W5G4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I disconnected all of the fans from the installed case fan controller and hooked everything up to the new CoolerMaster splitter cable. Everything is in sync now and controlled by software. The only drawback right now is the button on the case does not work, but I don't really care.

Thanks for the assistance.