2080ti crashing on CoD Modern Warfare ??? my card bad or cod bad

My asus 2080ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING (not overclocked) crashes in cod but only cod, every other game etc i tried seems fine.
I can usualy play for 1-4 minutes before it either crashes by giving me the standard modern warfare error code 6068, or just completely crash the pc where all monitors go black, the cpu and or gpu fan (?didntcheck) starts running at 100% until i manualy press the powerbutton to restart the pc. (90% chance of giving error code, 10% of crashing the pc)
Have tried every single graphics setting on the game, all lowest, all highest, mixed, rtx on and off, fullscreen, borderless, windowed.

I tried this card alone on multiple pcs with every part different including fresh reinstalled windows ssd's (fx8350, i7 5960x, 9900k) + different monitors: asus pg348q + asus pg278q (1 monitor connected at a time)

I returned it to the retailer and they said they tested furmark and 3dmark and so said there was nothing wrong with the card and they wont refund me it for being faulty
and so im basicly wondering if there is something wrong with my card or if COD just simply doesnt want to play with any 2080ti or my specific model or something.
have tried googling the issue and havent found anyone else having the crash issue with 2080ti and cod that i have.

(Side note, i tried to use msi afterburner to see if there could be something i could do in there to fix the issue, but changing any of the setting in there just made the pc crash/shutdown every time after starting cod 1 min into the game no matter what setting i changed, even the settings that shouldnt even do anything. did not check any other games while messing with msi afterburner though.)

*edit* forgot to add...
im currently using a 980ti on cod and it works perfectly stable, altho ill have to run it at min specs and get low fps so that makes me sad :(
This has been a problem ever since a month or 2 after cod came out. so it was working fine for the first month.

Update; called the retailer, they said they will take it back in for testing specifically in cod and try to find out what the issue is so that i know if i need to buy a new different card or if its actually faulty or whatever

likely cod. It doesn't seem to be 100% stable even on my rx580 which for years I have had 0 issues with it.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

likely cod. It doesn't seem to be 100% stable even on my rx580 which for years I have had 0 issues with it.

Im thinking maybe i can tell the retailer that if i buy another card of the same type and the new card works fine to take that as proof that the card is bad? idk if that works i dont have enough knowledge of it.

atleast doing this will tell me for sure wether cod is broken or my card is broken

- also i dont understand how a game can cause the pc to comlpetely crash restart
* forgot to add that im using a 980ti currently and it works fine

Update your drivers if you haven't already.

Personally, I haven't had any issues except for some weird artifacts in-game, but plenty of other people have reported similar issues to yours so it could just be the game acting up for some particular hardware combinations.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

32 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Update your drivers if you haven't already.

Personally, I haven't had any issues except for some weird artifacts in-game, but plenty of other people have reported similar issues to yours so it could just be the game acting up for some particular hardware combinations.

as text says, i tried on 3 seperate pcs with all different parts so i alredy tested for hardwar combinations
also completely fresh installed windows with only cod and latest nvidia driver every time.
its been a problem since a month or 2 after cod came out i forgot to put in original text

1 hour ago, MoDRun said:

as text says, i tried on 3 seperate pcs with all different parts so i alredy tested for hardwar combinations
also completely fresh installed windows with only cod and latest nvidia driver every time.
its been a problem since a month or 2 after cod came out i forgot to put in original text

I'm running the same exact GPU, no issues for me (with OC). I know crashing is quite common for AMD gpu's, but did not hear much about Nvidia.

1. Are you running ray tracing?? I'm trying to guess whether there could be something faulty with tensor cores in your GPU, therefore, not leading to crashes in benchmarks and other games.

2. Could you monitor your core, memory clocks and temps before crashing? What are they?

Cheers.

Are you running any programs that produce an osd?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 3/26/2020 at 4:18 PM, Mick Naughty said:

Are you running any programs that produce an osd?

unless theres something in windows, battlenet, geforce experience(not open but installed for driver), or cod itself causing any problems, no. i fresh install every time 

On 3/26/2020 at 1:31 PM, Envit0 said:

I'm running the same exact GPU, no issues for me (with OC). I know crashing is quite common for AMD gpu's, but did not hear much about Nvidia.

1. Are you running ray tracing?? I'm trying to guess whether there could be something faulty with tensor cores in your GPU, therefore, not leading to crashes in benchmarks and other games.

2. Could you monitor your core, memory clocks and temps before crashing? What are they?

Cheers.

thanks for confirming you have the same gpu without issues, that tells me more closely that its a card issue specific to my card and makes me more hopeful for a succesful rma after much hassle but we'll see.

i tried every single graphics setting meaning rtx on or off doesnt matter as i put in original post text but yeah it doesnt make sense

as for overheating, definetely not a problem. for clocks i didnt check any and dont really know how to but i tried once to use msi afterburner to change sliders around to see if it did anything but every slider made it crash still, even the simple ones that shouldnt do anything so i kinda doubt theres anything there being issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if you have found a fix yet. I also have a 2080ti and getting crashes in COD. It seems to be related to AIB cards as the overclock isnt stable. I fixed it by using MSI afterburner and lowered my power limit from 100% to 80/90% with stock core clock and +500 on the memory. I can play Campaign, MP and Warzone for hours with no problems and less heat. The game isnt demanding enough to feel the FPS drop with the monster GPU.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:53 AM, MoDRun said:

My asus 2080ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING (not overclocked) crashes in cod but only cod, every other game etc i tried seems fine.
I can usualy play for 1-4 minutes before it either crashes by giving me the standard modern warfare error code 6068, or just completely crash the pc where all monitors go black, the cpu and or gpu fan (?didntcheck) starts running at 100% until i manualy press the powerbutton to restart the pc. (90% chance of giving error code, 10% of crashing the pc)
Have tried every single graphics setting on the game, all lowest, all highest, mixed, rtx on and off, fullscreen, borderless, windowed.

I tried this card alone on multiple pcs with every part different including fresh reinstalled windows ssd's (fx8350, i7 5960x, 9900k) + different monitors: asus pg348q + asus pg278q (1 monitor connected at a time)

I returned it to the retailer and they said they tested furmark and 3dmark and so said there was nothing wrong with the card and they wont refund me it for being faulty
and so im basicly wondering if there is something wrong with my card or if COD just simply doesnt want to play with any 2080ti or my specific model or something.
have tried googling the issue and havent found anyone else having the crash issue with 2080ti and cod that i have.

(Side note, i tried to use msi afterburner to see if there could be something i could do in there to fix the issue, but changing any of the setting in there just made the pc crash/shutdown every time after starting cod 1 min into the game no matter what setting i changed, even the settings that shouldnt even do anything. did not check any other games while messing with msi afterburner though.)

*edit* forgot to add...
im currently using a 980ti on cod and it works perfectly stable, altho ill have to run it at min specs and get low fps so that makes me sad :(
This has been a problem ever since a month or 2 after cod came out. so it was working fine for the first month.

Update; called the retailer, they said they will take it back in for testing specifically in cod and try to find out what the issue is so that i know if i need to buy a new different card or if its actually faulty or whatever

So you have a card which is worth more than my entire setup, and I own a GTX 1060 3G for like 3 years.. never have had any problems with it. Sad..

Asus PRIME Z390-A | Intel Core i7 9700K | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2400 | MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC | 256 M.2 SSD | 2TB SSHD WD

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some issues similar to yours on a 1070. Try running and making sure that the NVIDIA Shadowplay overlay is disabled.

PC Interest - Thriving | Wallet Status - Near Empty

Ryzen 7 3700X, ASUS Dual RTX 3070 (+OC)

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz, ASRock X570 Pro4 

• 5 months later...

I've been having the same issues since the start of season 5.

2600x/rtx2070

My reddit threads get trolled.

My support tickets go unanswered.

My bug reports lead to nothing.

I can watch the 'graphics 1' (dx12) renderer crash in taskmanager, the game fatal errors out, the renderer picks back up and the game continues to run fine while a fatal error sits on top.

If I disable pci-gen4, forcing my board to gen3 only, I can get into a match and dropped out of the plane but somewhere between the pregame load and the plane drop the game will fatal error out BUT after the short 'dx12 crash' the game will pick back up and run.

I've been dropped out of a plane into an active game, watched my guy land and get killed all while 'fatal error' sits on my screen.

This has been happening since the start of Season 5, but in season 5 it was 'dev errors'. Season 6 has brought me 'fatal errors'.

The game sucks. I’ve had issues with rx5700xt, Rtx 2080 super, and a rtx 2060 super. The multiplayer runs fine but warzone is nothing but issues 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

On 4/18/2020 at 4:48 AM, adamr539 said:

So you have a card which is worth more than my entire setup, and I own a GTX 1060 3G for like 3 years.. never have had any problems with it. Sad..

Yea the framerate with a 1060 3gb of MW is horrid. I would consider using it a problem. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz