Need a home office monitor, light gaming

PiercedBronson

Work has me at home until further notice so I'd like to finally upgrade my monitor to a very decent ultrawide with USBC for my work laptop.

Current piece is a 27" Apple Cinema Display which is basically a 16:9 27" QHD IPS 60hz panel, hooked up to my laptop with a couple adapters. I like this display a lot but it's 10 years old and draws a lot of power and the single MiniDP input is killing me right now.  And I need more desktop space. 

I've had my eye on the LG 38WK95C W but it's only got a 75hz refresh rate.  I was hoping to find something like this in 100+hz to see what the fuss is about without going the flashy "gamer" route.  What other options are out there for ~$1000? 

tyvm

pb

I have a few monitors that I like to use for different things. My office computer (MacBook Pro 2015) is on an NEC EA271Q-BK https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1435874-REG/nec_ea271q_bk_sv_27_wqhd_desktop_monitor.html Color is solid, and I have a PC hooked up with HDMI, while the macbook is on the Minidisplay-to-Displayport cable. Backlight is very even, and the resolution scaling works perfect for MacOS.

On my cart which I take on location with me for shoots, I have the 24" LG Ultrafine 4K they sell off the Apple website or the mac store. This monitor used Thunderbolt, so you'll need an adapter to work with your macbook if it's not a 2016+ model. This monitor is A M A Z I N G. It's 500 nits, does P3, and for a newer mac, only requires one cable. Sadly, you're not going to get it to play nice with a PC if you use Windows at all.

At home I have an LG 27" IPS 1080P 144Hz monitor that's OKAY at best. Really I just use it for games and to watch movies from my bed. MacOS looks like garbage on it because of scaling on a monitor that big and at such low of resolution.

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |