Help picking a itx motherboard

I spent time looking at the motherboard for list and am no further In deciding on what to get I’d like to use a 3950x one day but have a 3700x currently, what ITX mobo would you guys recommend. Keep it under 250 usd please.

The Asus ROG B450-I gaming is a pretty stout board, has all the bells and whistles including wifi and blue tooth built in.

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The Asus ROG B450-I gaming is a pretty stout board, has all the bells and whistles including wifi and blue tooth built in.

I looked at this board and it seems it my be a little sub par for a 3900x or 3950x does it have no cpu bios flashback?

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 + 3400G. Reasonable portable performance normally, if you need more, just connect a thunderbolt eGPU

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

32 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 + 3400G. Reasonable portable performance normally, if you need more, just connect a thunderbolt eGPU

no This is gonna be a main editing rig.

11 minutes ago, Puffing said:

no This is gonna be a main editing rig.

Ah, I was thinking a portable gaming rig.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

Ah, I was thinking a portable gaming rig.

This is why I want a 3900x u think a 450i is good enough??

1 hour ago, Puffing said:

I spent time looking at the motherboard for list and am no further In deciding on what to get I’d like to use a 3950x one day but have a 3700x currently, what ITX mobo would you guys recommend. Keep it under 250 usd please.

Under 250 you're not gonna find anything that has VRMs decent enough for a 3950x

5 minutes ago, ZzLy said:

Under 250 you're not gonna find anything that has VRMs decent enough for a 3950x

Ok thanks for the advice

2 hours ago, Puffing said:

I looked at this board and it seems it my be a little sub par for a 3900x or 3950x does it have no cpu bios flashback?

Actually it does support the bios flashback. Supports 3950x while it has 6 VRMs (like many iTX boards) should be no issue.

1 hour ago, ZzLy said:

That's not true. Most iTX boards have better VMR packages than the mATX boards, generally 6 vs the 4, Ideally a full ATX board would be the way to go....

105w Cpu.... people talk like we are still in the FX days with 220w released processors and need 12 VRMs to handle it. That's just not the case anymore.

18 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Actually it does support the bios flashback. Supports 3950x while it has 6 VRMs (like many iTX boards) should be no issue.

And no cpu is needed as I do not have a 2000 series cpu.

18 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That's not true. Most iTX boards have better VMR packages than the mATX boards, generally 6 vs the 4, Ideally a full ATX board would be the way to go....

105w Cpu.... people talk like we are still in the FX days with 220w released processors and need 12 VRMs to handle it. That's just not the case anymore.

So this being the case what motherboard would you recommend, I found that the bios of the Asus board is crap so what other board would you recommend.

8 minutes ago, Puffing said:

And no cpu is needed as I do not have a 2000 series cpu.

So this being the case what motherboard would you recommend, I found that the bios of the Asus board is crap so what other board would you recommend.

No idea. 

Have no issues with the crap bios I use. 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No idea. 

Have no issues with the crap bios I use. 

That’s what I heard, what is your experience with it? And would a 3900x be possible on this board?

The board supports up to the 3950x. So a 3900 should be no problem.

I really like the board. With the memory I have 3600mhz stable xmp is no problem despite lower supported speeds for Zen+

Bios is very feature packed. 

Performance boost OC modes written by the Stilt so the PBO overclocks well and functions as it should.

Have used budget and high end memory with 4 different processors including 200ge 220ge ryzen 1200 and the 2700x. 

Have used 4 different sets of memory 2 gskill sets in the sig and 2 lower end corsair lpx and led models of 3000mhz.

In comparison to B450M-A the B450-I just stomps on it in all directions.

I dont do MSI. I Dont do AsRock. Havent gotten a gigabyte but would be my second choice outside of Asus.