shivering a lot suddenly

The Torrent
6 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

no doctor can diagnose anyone over the phone. Its impossible. You can be having flu like symptoms and not have the flu at all.

Chael Sonnen lost his kid last year over a doctor telling his pregnant wife she had the flu due to her telling him her symptoms and the doc diagnosing her as having the flu. turns out it was something else. and since it wasnt treated in time and the baby was lost due to that.

It doesnt matter how good a doctor is. they cant know for sure what anyone has over the phone. Its literally impossible.

Like i said any doctor worth a shit will run tests. Ive never gone to my doctor and had him diagnose me without running a test. Ive never even heard of a doctor saying "oh dont worry about coming in, lets talk it through and I will know exactly what the issue is".

PEBCAK!

3 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

no doctor can diagnose anyone over the phone. Its impossible. You can be having flu like symptoms and not have the flu at all.

Chael Sonnen lost his kid last year over a doctor telling his pregnant wife she had the flu due to her telling him her symptoms and the doc diagnosing her as having the flu. turns out it was something else. and since it wasnt treated in time and the baby was lost due to that.

It doesnt matter how good a doctor is. they cant know for sure what anyone has over the phone. Its literally impossible.

Like i said any doctor worth a shit will run tests. Ive never gone to my doctor and had him diagnose me without running a test. Ive never even heard of a doctor saying "oh dont worry about coming in, lets talk it through and I will know exactly what the issue is".

Repeating yourself doesn't change anything.   You are not a doctor, you do not decide what medical protocols are flawed and which aren't.  You are operating on the flawed notion that you understand something the medical authorities don't.  If you think doctors aren't aware of their limitations in applying medical help over the phone then you are seriously deluded.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

Repeating yourself doesn't change anything.   You are not a doctor, you do not decide what medical protocols are flawed and which aren't.  You are operating on the flawed notion that you understand something the medical authorities don't.  If you think doctors aren't aware of their limitations in applying medical help over the phone then you are seriously deluded.

You dont need to be a doctor to see that system is flawed. its common sense. I dont need to be a mechanic to know that he cant fix my car over the phone.

They could tell him over the phone they think he has the flu. but theres no way they can 100% know he has the flu.

Now if he wants to call the doctor so they can do whatever they need to do to get prepared for his visit i understand that. But people shouldnt be acting like he should be quarantining himself because his felling ill.

But theres no point in scaring people into thinking they have caronavirus just because they are sick now. Its winter time. its pretty common for people to get sick during the winter. lower temps along with cold and dry air makes getting sick much easier.

My kid just got over a nasty flu. We took her to the doctor. They ran tests and gave her a script. pretty simple.

This sounds like a seizure. OP or someone in the area needs to call local emergency services, not post to a forum where we cannot do anything for their safety and health. OP needs to slow their breathing and relax. If you lock your muscles, you will pass out. Allow the tremors to run their course. If in the area alone, make sure you are not near any hard objects that could hit your head. If there is someone in the area with you, signal them to support your head with a towel or blanket. It's ok if your hands or feet hit something, protect your head first. After the seizure is over, do not move quickly until emergency services arrive. Keep your head supported and sip some water. Do not drink caffeine or energy drinks after a seizure. Seizures are serious and can cause other problems. It is recommended by professionals to stay in the hospital for at least an hour to a day, depending on the severity, to watch for other symptoms, especially if you have not experienced one before. Notice: I'm not a medical professional, I just experience these at least once a week so I think I know what I'm doing.

Does anyone on this forum know where OP lives to be able to do a welfare check? It does not have to be with emergency services unless serious, just someone that can show up and make sure everything is ok.

Well, considering OP never came back, I'm going to assume they died because they preferred waiting for an answer on a TECH FORUM instead of calling the help line.

Can we hold a memorial?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Well, considering OP never came back, I'm going to assume they died because they preferred waiting for an answer on a TECH FORUM instead of calling the help line.

Can we hold a memorial?

F

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

You dont need to be a doctor to see that system is flawed. its common sense. I dont need to be a mechanic to know that he cant fix my car over the phone.

Classic dunning kruger.

They could tell him over the phone they think he has the flu. but theres no way they can 100% know he has the flu.

It doesn't matter what you think they can or can't do, That's the bit your failing to understand. it's not about what you think you know, it's about what the doctors know and how they want to do things.  If they don't want a patient to come into a hospital with a possibly contagious disease then there is a darn good reason for it and a phone consultation is obviously the best first step.

Now if he wants to call the doctor so they can do whatever they need to do to get prepared for his visit i understand that. But people shouldnt be acting like he should be quarantining himself because his felling ill.

But theres no point in scaring people into thinking they have caronavirus just because they are sick now. Its winter time. its pretty common for people to get sick during the winter. lower temps along with cold and dry air makes getting sick much easier.

My kid just got over a nasty flu. We took her to the doctor. They ran tests and gave her a script. pretty simple.

My god, do you really think that's what people are trying to do?  scare others?  FFS.  it's not that complicated, educated professionals who know what they are doing want you to stay at home and call for help.  You are the only person who is stuck on this idea that doctors are going to try and diagnose a specific condition over the phone. 

What makes you think you know better than the established professionals in the medical field?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Can we hold a memorial?

fuck the memorial, we'll use him as an example.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Can we hold a memorial?

F

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It's not Lupus.

Probably potassium deficiency, that can cause spasms and cramping in your legs badly. Let's start taking guesses and whoever wins scores internet points.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

It's not Lupus.

Probably potassium deficiency, that can cause spasms and cramping in your legs badly. Let's start taking guesses and whoever wins scores internet points.

I guessed seizure.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

I guessed seizure.

My second guess would be that.

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

My second guess would be that.

Do I win anything? Also, if OP isn't active by tomorrow night, I'm gonna be a little more concerned.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

Do I win anything? Also, if OP isn't active by tomorrow night, I'm gonna be a little more concerned.

Let's wait ^o^

Really, an internet forum is the last place you should be looking for important medical advice. Coronavirus is a stretch, but you could have one of a number of other common viruses.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

4 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Really, an internet forum is the last place you should be looking for important medical advice. Coronavirus is a stretch, but you could have one of a number of other common viruses.

No one assumes anything ^o^

It can be many things.

Just saying that if your state is to the extend that your shivers prevent you from getting up and walking and even makes you fall down, it's time to call emergency services.

8 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

No one assumes anything ^o^

Just saying that if your state is to the extend that your shivers prevent you from getting up and walking and even makes you fall down, it's time to call emergency services.

Seems like a doctor visit would be reasonable enough, I've been sick with the flu that bad. "spazzing out" isn't a medical term, could be cramps or could be neurological, which the latter would in fact be something to worry about. Just having a routine virus and not feeling like getting out of bed is fairly normal; If someone hasn't ever had the flu or a bad virus, it could probably seem rather dire.

But again, should anyone take the advice of a chump like me on an internet forum, rather than go see a doctor?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

25 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

rather than go see a doctor

He said 2 times that the shivers/spasms were so strong he couldn't stand up and walk as he was falling down...

HOW would he go visit a doctor (in the middle of the night, as he is in the UK) if he CAN'T WALK?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

He said 2 times that the shivers/spasms were so strong he couldn't stand up and walk as he was falling down...

HOW would he go visit a doctor (in the middle of the night, as he is in the UK) if he CAN'T WALK?

I'd feel stupid for getting an ambulance for the flu, but that's just my take on it. Again, I'm some schmuck on the internet and not a medical professional. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

12 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

They make these big boxes on wheels with lights and sirens that come get you if you're too ill to take yourself to a hospital. ?

It makes one wonder if some people are able to understand what is written... As when one writes "Call the Emergency services! They will be able to determine if it's really urgent, and if so they will call the ambulance!" and then some people understand "Call the ambulance!" and decide that it's "stupid" to call the ambulance for the flu.

1. we don't know if he has the flu.

2. people die from the flu

3. calling emergency services and calling an ambulance are 2 very different things.

There must be some cognitive problem at play here...

The Twilight Zone!!!

- Thread Locked -

A tech forum is not the place to seek medical advice.

As already mentioned in the UK you can call 111 for non-emergency medical advice and they can provide advice over the phone or arrange for a doctor. The phone line is available 24/7 and is free to call. For emergencies call 999.

Edit: OP has let me know they are feeling better now.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450