This is not a laptop.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:04 PM, Zm1TDkSnQkY4KEqskCARSBpk said:

This seriously needs to cost less than a real laptop to be considered at all.

It’s an external monitor, battery bank, dock, keyboard, and touchpad all-in-one. For those looking to consolidate and use their phone as their primary device on the go (a lot of us do that already) this is very compelling. You’d certainly be spending more to buy all of these components separately and it just wouldn’t offer the same convenience. 

A real laptop at that price point would offer even more convenience because you'll be able to run a real OS and might have better specs than the phone.

1 hour ago, Zm1TDkSnQkY4KEqskCARSBpk said:

A real laptop at that price point would offer even more convenience because you'll be able to run a real OS and might have better specs than the phone.

At that price point, you aren't getting anything anywhere near the performance or specs of a phone that could use this external display. 

On topic: I pre-ordered the upcoming 14" model as the NexDock 2 is sold out.

This is gonna be perfect for me since I just made my Note 10+ be my daily driver and I am dedicated to not upgrading it until there's something truly better than it.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 hour ago, RoseLuck462 said:

At that price point, you aren't getting anything anywhere near the performance or specs of a phone that could use this external display. 

What x86 CPU would you say that a mobile SoC like a Snapdragon 855 is comparable in performance to?

Probably a dumb question, but how would the keyboard and trackpad be able to control a desktop PC connected to this via HDMI? A special internal driver? Or does the HDMI-in naturally allow and support this?

Or wait, is that what the non charging USB port would be for? As you can tell, I'm not an expert. ?

I wuld  say you need a USB to USB-C Cable like a Phone use.

From AT. :x

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this support remote desktop? For my daily go to, I have been using an iPad with a remote desktop set upped with my home pc as I need the extra computational power, however the apple keyboard does not support any of the windows button such as alt, ctrl, and etc. I was wondering if this would work properly with remote desktop softwares and if the keys would register as it is using a windows oriented keyboard layout. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 11:53 AM, RILEYISMYNAME said:

The NexDock 2 is a laptop dock for phones, or a Raspberry Pi, or pretty much anything with an HDMI port. It could enable a smartphone-powered future, but is it worth the hassle now?

Check out the NexDock 2: http://nexdock.com

linus recently made a video about parsec, and i just realized parsec is also in the google store, so you can use this laptop and your phone and use your pc thru internet, and maybe with the arribal of 5G it would be fast