I think is just bricked my pc

Kanna

Yes the title is right i think i bricked or atlest did something to my pc. Okay so my pc had been in sleep mode for the whole day and it decided to update, i haven’t updated since 2018 due to only 11gb left on c drive. It somehow updated to newest windows build and still had 11gb left. The pc was acting wierd slow glitchy and i backed up gta iv and but in a mod i used before, i started the game it started until i pressed load then game froze could still hear friend on discord and watch the youtube vid on my second monitor and could alt tab on the first one but had no mouse and the game wouldn’t unfocus. I said to my friend i will restart and then when it started again windows automatic repair loop.  Little sidenotes. Automatic update was off, reseting windows from automatic repair menu wouldn’t work would just jump back to the menu at 37%

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

I don't think you know what bricking a PC is... That's where you mess up something on the motherboard (most of the time it's usually the bios) that can't be fixed, rendering the board useless. I think you should try to backup your data (if you can) and reinstall Windows, you're about due for a reinstall anyway.

Well bricking windows it is and can’t backup the data since its my m.2 drive and i can’t boot into windows and doesn’t have any external tools

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Boot to installation media and run the repair tools.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well bricking windows it is and can’t backup the data since its my m.2 drive and i can’t boot into windows and doesn’t have any external tools

looks like you need to do a fresh windows install, plenty of videos on youtube on how to do that, but if you cant get into windows, say good bye to your data, unless you can find another drive, take out your m.2 drive, install windows on the new drive, once that is up and running, turn off your pc, put in your m.2 driven and load into bios, make sure you are starting on the new drive that you just installed windows on, restart, back up your files to the new drive, and format the m.2 drive, then do it all over again, and this time install your windows back onto the m.2 drive, and copy your files from your back up drive to where ever you want them, then wipe that drive and you are done

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

https://www.ebay.com/c/832109643

Maybe you could buy this, it's a Windows 10 install USB you can use to reinstall Win10.

As for backing up data, you could pay somebody to it for you, or if you want to DIY it, you could get one of these (https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Linux-Cinnamon-Bootable-Flash/dp/B07GJC3FTL/ref=pd_sbs_65_t_0/133-8983175-3878749?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07GJC3FTL&pd_rd_r=0ff91f9b-0659-4354-a5e4-289be630d0bf&pd_rd_w=vTL6A&pd_rd_wg=5MODc&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=T5PTQBBC265JEY3ESFWN&psc=1&refRID=T5PTQBBC265JEY3ESFWN

You can boot into a live linux environment and access your SSD through it and backup your data to GDrive or another place like that

Thats just a cheapo USB stick with stuff put on there you can get for free from the internets.

Get a 8GB or bigger USB stick download Rufus and your favority Windows version, use Rufus to make the USB bootable and use that to boot from so you have proper acces to the M2 drive.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

25 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Thats just a cheapo USB stick with stuff put on there you can get for free from the internets.

Get a 8GB or bigger USB stick download Rufus and your favority Windows version, use Rufus to make the USB bootable and use that to boot from so you have proper acces to the M2 drive.

I do have experience with rufus and linux sinche my laptop is dualbooted to linux gnome aka ubuntu

Reminder⚠️

9 hours ago, NZgamer said:

I know, that's why I suggested it. OP's computer is having problems, and they just said before they don't have experience with rufus.

I acctualy never said i don’t have experience with rufus

Reminder⚠️

if you have an 8gb usb3 ca. you can go here. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 select download tool now on another pc.. remember to turn off antivirus while creating it since they usually reject changes to boot sectors, even if not on your boot disk., and create a boot usb you can boot to. 

boot to usb, select keyboard, language, next, troubleshoot,  somehere in there, you can also remove last  installed updates, reboot to usb again and enter troubleshooting, and cmd admin mode and enter: sfc /scannow       this will scan your system files and replace corrupt ones. .. reboot again and see if you can get it up. 

13 hours ago, Ichoumaz said:

looks like you need to do a fresh windows install, plenty of videos on youtube on how to do that, but if you cant get into windows, say good bye to your data, unless you can find another drive, take out your m.2 drive, install windows on the new drive, once that is up and running, turn off your pc, put in your m.2 driven and load into bios, make sure you are starting on the new drive that you just installed windows on, restart, back up your files to the new drive, and format the m.2 drive, then do it all over again, and this time install your windows back onto the m.2 drive, and copy your files from your back up drive to where ever you want them, then wipe that drive and you are done

I booted to mu linux drive and as u can see on the desktop i can see the deievs and back them up for example

DB5B47E9-3D97-4A3F-87DD-3F2B075CC336.jpeg

Reminder⚠️

26 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I booted to mu linux drive and as u can see on the desktop i can see the deievs and back them up for example

DB5B47E9-3D97-4A3F-87DD-3F2B075CC336.jpeg

You have this under control, just back up your stuff and start with a fresh Win10 install( Make sure you know about a couple of issues with the 1909, try to get the 1903 if you can.

The recent KB4528760 update for Windows 1909 seems to be causing issues with some computers and stopping them from booting.  
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/01/27/microsoft-windows-10-warning-security-update-crash-boot-fail-upgrade-windows-10/#c74c8b53b318

Windows 10 1909 KB4517245 Update Causes File Explorer Issues
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-1909-kb4517245-update-causes-file-explorer-issues/

But, I am Curious, what is the HD size you have that only had 11 GB left on it?

Usually the accepted practice is that you should never go above 60% of the OS Drive capacity as it will start to bog the system down....

11 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

You have this under control, just back up your stuff and start with a fresh Win10 install( Make sure you know about a couple of issues with the 1909, try to get the 1903 if you can.

The recent KB4528760 update for Windows 1909 seems to be causing issues with some computers and stopping them from booting.  
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/01/27/microsoft-windows-10-warning-security-update-crash-boot-fail-upgrade-windows-10/#c74c8b53b318

Windows 10 1909 KB4517245 Update Causes File Explorer Issues
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-1909-kb4517245-update-causes-file-explorer-issues/

But, I am Curious, what is the HD size you have that only had 11 GB left on it?

Usually the accepted practice is that you should never go above 60% of the OS Drive capacity as it will start to bog the system down....

Its the ssd with only 11gb left the os drive it has been like that for 1 year so i couldn’t update because it was full but i don’t have like any games or applications only the ones that come with the pc and its a 128gb drive kinda silly for a rog pc

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Its the ssd with only 11gb left the os drive it has been like that for 1 year so i couldn’t update because it was full but i don’t have like any games or applications only the ones that come with the pc and its a 128gb drive kinda silly for a rog pc

Time for a fresh install - ROG Crapware..

18 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

Time for a fresh install - ROG Crapware..

I forgot to say one thing, i reinstalled before but i only have the sonic sound car thing i also have minecraft on the harddrive , can it be sony vegas also?

Reminder⚠️

59 minutes ago, Robchil said:

minimize swapfile?  you have a second disk? 

I got two other disks

Reminder⚠️

have you minimized swapdisk and set up one on a secondary drive so you have enough yet? 

Just now, Robchil said:

have you minimized swapdisk and set up one on a secondary drive so you have enough yet? 

Well i have my focus on trying to boot

Reminder⚠️

okay.. so either reinstall win10 from a usbstick you install after downloading windows media creator tool. 

this contains the external troubleshooting tools too. 

when you load it after selecting language and keyboard, you can select troubleshoot instead of installing it. 

you can try to uninstall the updates you tried to install, and in command promt run: sfc /scannow to replace corrupt files.  and try to reboot to windows.. 

SSD's are notorious for going south if there is NOT enough space on the Disk.

The common recommendation is to leave 10% of the SSD unformatted, and just use the 90% and even of that, dont go above 60%... I know.. all this math...

But anyways, I am at a loss as to what you are trying to achieve here.

You were able to boot a Live Linux OS, and able to see your SSD, so why not just backup what you can and start afresh?

The other thing you can do if you want to spend some money, is get an external SSD adapter and a Bigger HD for the system.

Install the New SSD, install Windows and all that.. Connect the old SSD thru the adapter, copy what you want to the Main OS SSD, or just use the older one in the system for just data storage and game storage...This should solve all your problems in life... Related to this PC... LOL...

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

My bad - I read your reply wrong

Np mate

Reminder⚠️

2 hours ago, Robchil said:

okay.. so either reinstall win10 from a usbstick you install after downloading windows media creator tool. 

this contains the external troubleshooting tools too. 

when you load it after selecting language and keyboard, you can select troubleshoot instead of installing it. 

you can try to uninstall the updates you tried to install, and in command promt run: sfc /scannow to replace corrupt files.  and try to reboot to windows.. 

Im trying to reinstall from the usb stick but it say that i can’t because i booted into the usb it says boot into regular enviroment and launch setup.exe

Reminder⚠️

well.. so either try to repair it, or delete the windows partitions, they will be recreated when you install. maybe save what you need first? 

26 minutes ago, Robchil said:

well.. so either try to repair it, or delete the windows partitions, they will be recreated when you install. maybe save what you need first? 

I have tried all ways but it still installs windows 1909 which is what bricks the shit ive had enough i have tried for hours it doesn’t work 

Reminder⚠️