[U.S] MSI R9 290 $434.77

mvitkun

PCConnection selling the R9 290 for $434.77

Does not include shipping.

EDIT:previously thought to be an R9 290X,turns out it was a typo on PCConnection's side. thanks to @Adnanklink for calling PCConnection and finding out that it was only an R9 290.

Still a good deal though since ,with the exception of the Visiontek r9 290,the cheapest card is $520

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

but its stock cooler eww 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

i think im gonna go for it, im also planning on putting together a custom loop or just expanding my h220. Also, its much easier to find a waterblock for the reference pcb.

780, reference 290/x cooler suck and the ti is not worth the 200$ over the 780

but its only 435 on here

It's a 290, not a 290x. I called them once I noticed the order number did not include the "x" and they said that it was a typo.

It's a 290, not a 290x. I called them once I noticed the order number did not include the "x" and they said that it was a typo.

this quote just saved me from making a semi regrettable purchase.

although the ebay profit margin looks quite good.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

You could get a Bstock 780 for the same price from EVGA

Except B-Stock has only a 1 year warranty,may not be cosmetically perfect,etc.

And that's not even mentioning that the R9 290X is better than the GTX 780 non ti.

Also in reply to your stock cooler comment,for how low this price is you could just buy it and resell it for $500-$600,buy an after-market heatsink,or watercool it.

EDIT:apparently somebody called them and it's an R9 290

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

oh okay,I'll edit the post.

Linus Sebastian said:

Still a nice deal, but the fact that they've mislabeled it as a 290X (intentional or no) would make me a bit hesitant about buying from them...

Get 'em while their cheap kids. It wont last if it's real.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

PC Connection is a real company, fairly well known up here in NH (I believe they are headquartered in Nashua).

As to the deal, it's for a stock R9 290, I'm waiting for non-reference designs to be a little higher than that. These sales are a good sign to me!

Still a nice deal, but the fact that they've mislabeled it as a 290X (intentional or no) would make me a bit hesitant about buying from them...

it's a legit company,PCPer even brought it up as having great prices in their podcast,even newegg mislabels occasionally.

Linus Sebastian said: