BF4 - 3 months later...

CjlabanG

So I just had BF4, and it wasn't playable AT ALL. Stutters, lags, crashes, PB and stuff like that. Heck, I played the open beta and it ran REALLY smooth compared to the actual game. I know mantle is still in beta, but for me, it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would. Guess I'll just wait for the actual release.

It's been three months, almost four, and this game is still not fixed. Is Dice doing a good job on this? Would you even try to play it? Did you notice any progress since its release?

What do you guys think? 

oh and if someone knows how to manually optimize this beautiful shitty game, please tell me.... please do.... please... pls

So I just had BF4, and it wasn't playable AT ALL. Stutters, lags, crashes, PB and stuff like that. Heck, I played the open beta and it ran REALLY smooth compared to the actual game. I know mantle is still in beta, but for me, it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would. Guess I'll just wait for the actual release.

It's been three months, almost four, and this game is still not fixed. Is Dice doing a good job on this? Would you even try to play it? Did you notice any progress since its release?

What do you guys think? 

oh and if someone knows how to manually optimize this beautiful shitty game, please tell me.... please do.... please... pls

I dont really understand 99% of the world whats the problem with BF4 i think its great and i have a bad computer.

Jizz people

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

BF4 has improved A LOT sinds it was released, Mantle isn't working good for me either so just put it back on DirectX

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I dont really understand 99% of the world whats the problem with BF4 i think its great and i have a bad computer.

Jizz people

I know its great, I actually love it even though its not that playable for me. 

I jumped in the game quite lately. I have been playing for a month and it seems pretty good for me. Nothing is perfect. There must be bugs, and it is a 20+ GB game. But nothing affecting the actual game play for me. Some servers kicked me for not being in the specific region, high ping, blah blah. But it is not the game's fault, it is the server's.

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

Don't use Mantle if you aren't willing to deal with that stuff. Switch back to DX, update your drivers and it should be fine. I haven't had any issues in a long while.

Now, the game runs fairly well for me, and most other people. I think there might be something wrong with your computer. How much page file do you have? Set it to your amount of ram, because I have found that it fixed a number of crashes on my pc

HTTP/2 203

I know its great, I actually love it even though its not that playable for me. 

Well, i know that Bf3 felt better to play, maybe BF4 requie more skill to play.

Just take is Eaze and play.

I personally are a sniper player.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Now, the game runs fairly well for me, and most other people. I think there might be something wrong with your computer. How much page file do you have? Set it to your amount of ram, because I have found that it fixed a number of crashes on my pc

Already done. Last time I played, it only acted up when I died. It was som-som-som-something li-li-li-like thi-thi-this. And when I respawned it sti-sti-still per-per-persist.

I been playing a lot with my friends and we have a blast. We have only had minor issues with all of us being able to connect to the same server but they have fixed that. Maybe a few netcode problems here and there but nothing to cry about. We still have so much fun and have had many moments when I get an awesome snipe shot or RPG shot on air vehicle where I yell with excitement and hit my shadowplay button. I even destroyed a helicopter when an unguided tank shot yesterday which put a huge smile on my face. (didn't have shadowplay on :( ) Games are all about fun. I don't care about minor issues everyone been crying over. If I'm about to get into a server no problem (which I have been) and play for hours and have a blast the whole time. It's a great game to play.  

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

The most annoying thing is servers where you can't say "bad words" and on most of those server dont even let you say noob so you cant say ACE23 noob without getting killed or kicked.  :wacko:

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

The most annoying thing is servers where you can't say "bad words" and on most of those server dont even let you say noob so you cant say ACE23 noob without getting killed or kicked.  :wacko:

really? the only rules I see on most servers is 1. No hacking 2. no racism     

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Have a look at BF3: Still not completely working (ejector seats, game crashes, random fall damage, net code and more ...), so don't expect BF4 to ever fulfill a sane definition of "finished".

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I bought it less than a month where it was actually unplayable (couldn't play an entire match, sound kept cutting out). It's perfectly fine right now, the majority of the people complaining now probably don't even own the game.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I have played the game since release (I was in the beta but I didn't have time to play.) I have not had nay major problems, yes some lag here and there and the odd glitch but really not that bad. I do feel for the people that have had major problems though.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I just got battlefield 4 about 2 weeks ago.

Haven't really had a problem at all, people keep complaining about netcode and a sound bug.

Neither of them have effected me, it might just be typical FPS complaining.

I'll start playing when Second Assault comes online as I like all the maps except for Metro, right now the only maps I like right now in BF4 is Zavod and Siege of Shanghai 

Well it ran fine for me the first month but I haven't been able to play since.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

My last match was 2 months ago and I still don't want to go back. Maybe all the problems that I had just killed it for me. Btw 1 month before bf4 was released I tried to go back to play some bf3 to warm up for bf4, but I could not stay more than 2 mins in any server cause of some no packet flow bug that I never had before so both bf3 and bf4 are broken for me....

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I played in the beta, just like you did and I agree, it ran so smooth. I have no idea how Dice managed to break a game so bad between beta and release. In terms of improvements, I feel like Dice has done the bare minimum. Its nice that the "levelutions" don't crash my game as much, but that's not much of a fix considering I didn't crash once during the beta. To be frank, the game was not ready and still isn't. After the garbage they pulled with BF3 I decided I was done with EA. I wrongfully gave them a second chance with BF4, not sure what I really expected out of them. I'm not even going to attempt playing for a while until I hear about some rapid improvements. I didn't pay $65 to be a beta tester, I payed for a fully functional game.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Hit detection has been my only problem. Just a little annoying.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

really? the only rules I see on most servers is 1. No hacking 2. no racism     

I also have been kicked for just saying the word "noob". I even have been kicked for not living in the same country as the host's. It was a german server. I live in Belgium, right next to germany. So ping argumentation is out of the question. It literally gave me that reason, not living in Germany.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

I can play it on PC, but I have played it on the Xbox 360, and it actually runs really smooth on it, even for being a console.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)