i need your help with this free internet method

agent z

hello guys 

first of all im sorry about the way that im going to describe my today's topic, cause i really dont know so much about it.

now , i had a friend who was providing a free internet service, which was fast (50mbps download , and 8mbps udpload aaaand unlimited) + super cheap , specially for me cause i pay 20$ per month for 4mbps d and 0.2mbps u (that's bad i know)

so how he was doing that is by using some sim cards that he was getting form abroad (idk from where, and he was sandpapering them so you cant tell by the logo) , and he had a vps to provide internet to his clients using ssh tunneling something something with "http injector" or "openvpn"

so i want to know how he knows the sim cards that could do that . and also how to set up that vps to provide the internet the sim !! can someone explain ?

please guys i need your help here

8 minutes ago, agent z said:

using some sim cards that he was getting form abroad

Sounds like they are stolen...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like they are stolen...

stolen what ??

11 minutes ago, agent z said:

he was sandpapering them so you cant tell by the logo

These sim cards are stolen or at least illegal. Otherwise there's no reason to be doing this. Not sure how much I trust it in terms of privacy and data snooping either.

Just now, agent z said:

stolen what ??

Yeah, that's a serious crime. I'd stop using that if I were you. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

yeah delete this thread turn ur nordVPN on and clear history, but in serious probs is illegal so be careful

no i dont have it anymore

+ the sim companies where abroad , not in the same country

and if you mean that those sim cards where prepaid or something nooo 

cause when he restarts the vps . the net cuts .... soo the net was not from the sim it was from the vps + if you stopped openvpn or http injector you wont get any internet so that proves the net was not from the cards 

btw i saw some people from Philippines saying that that is soo common there 

i live in africa ... here the police dont know a damn thing about these stuffs !!

A friend was using sim cards from various ASEAN countries through south east asia and the mid east. Some worked when you changed countries. Some didn't. He kept a smally collection of them as he changed countries.

Your source was probably sanding them so you couldn't give away which he was using, so it didn't get shut down, and so others couldn't copy what he was doing easily.

In N.A. I know of a few people who used their phone only for a hot spot. Worked for some months before it was shutdown as "that wasn't what it was intended for" and they'd have to renew their service and get another run with it. Seemed they'd get around three months. One guy had Alexa on his e-bike. Stopped at lights, the people cars next to him would be astounded to hear him changing songs by telling Alexa. Which is largely why he did it... lol

He'd also go exploring storm drains while streaming. He'd leave a phone with the service at the drain exit, and he had a collection of phones with scratched screens that he'd drop along his way in, keeping a link back to the hot spot phone... Most I saw was a chain of eight, including the hot spot and the one he was streaming from.

2 minutes ago, Canoe said:

A friend was using sim cards from various ASEAN countries through south east asia and the mid east. Some worked when you changed countries. Some didn't.

In N.A. I know of a few people who used their phone only for a hot spot. Worked for some months before it was shutdown as "that wasn't what it was intended for" and they'd have to renew their service and get another run with it. Seemed they'd get around three months. One guy had Alexa on his e-bike. Stopped at lights, the people cars next to him would be astounded to hear him changing songs by telling Alexa. Which is largely why he did it... lol

yup yup i was something like this ... in fact i was using this method for over two years . and he was giving us different sim cards every now and so 

it was great .. i was using it to watch youtube . download games from steam and origin and what not !! + unlimitied +super fast and also cheap since my service provider was a d***

charging 20 dollars for a 4mbps download and 0.2 upload ... like WTF this is bullshit not internet (he was charging what ever he wanted cause he was the only sp in my country)

illun musk . where the hell are you with the freaking internet that you promised with ?! 

The sim cards in many of those countries are a hit and miss, even if they'll work in the country they're sold in. He didn't know if it was a scam, quality issue or service issue. He and his wife just learned to keep a collection of the ones that worked. He said the cards were meant to be temporary service cards, intended to expire in days to weeks to a few months. So as they toured around they'd buy them based on their intended stay. Silly buggers would get drunk and call me from a pool or a beach on the other side of the world in the middle of the night. Good job I keep an eclectic schedule. He even had one from Tibet.

1 hour ago, agent z said:

hello guys 

first of all im sorry about the way that im going to describe my today's topic, cause i really dont know so much about it.

now , i had a friend who was providing a free internet service, which was fast (50mbps download , and 8mbps udpload aaaand unlimited) + super cheap , specially for me cause i pay 20$ per month for 4mbps d and 0.2mbps u (that's bad i know)

so how he was doing that is by using some sim cards that he was getting form abroad (idk from where, and he was sandpapering them so you cant tell by the logo) , and he had a vps to provide internet to his clients using ssh tunneling something something with "http injector" or "openvpn"

so i want to know how he knows the sim cards that could do that . and also how to set up that vps to provide the internet the sim !! can someone explain ?

please guys i need your help here

What your friend is doing is most likely illegal. 

Due to this I will need to lock this topic as we can not assist you with this, are not legal council and cannot give you advice to that.

-= Topic Locked =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER