New PC Build, System Locks up and previously BSOD

Bootsy
Go to solution Solved by HagelBagel,

How long does it last before locking up? If you can, download the drivers for your card from Nvidia's website onto a flash drive, and as soon as your system boots to desktop (if it can do that) install the drivers.

4 minutes ago, Bootsy said:

DPC_Watchdog_violation

This code can be caused by faulty drivers, incompatible hardware, conflicting programs (like two antivirus softwares running at once), or SSD firmware incompatibility / corruption. 

If you can't install drivers, or that doesn't help, try removing all but one stick of RAM, or just running 2 sticks in dual-channel (in alternating slots on the motherboard). You MIGHT (though I can't tell for sure) have bad RAM. If changing RAM helps, you'll need to test each stick individually through the Memory Diagnostic tool. It's a built in troubleshooting tool, just open the start menu and search for it, and run it as an administrator. Select the option to restart your PC and it'll check the stick for hardware issues. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling windows on your storage drive. That could tell you if you have a bad M.2

Hello, I'm fairly limited with my knowledge into computers etc however have built 5 or 6 and never had any issues until my most recent build....

I recently purchased parts to build a whole new pc and after getting it all set up etc as soon as i run a game the whole system locks up (can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes) i originally got a BSOD error which stated DPC_Watchdog_violation and tried to do some digging into what that is/what it meant and Quite frankly i didn't really understand what people where on about (they use too technical lingo for me) one thing people suggested to try was a fresh install of windows, to which i did and the problem still persists however i no longer get a BSOD it just locks and the only way to unlock it is to Hard shut down (Holding power button) I'm kind of at a loss currently as i spent literally all i could afford on this PC and now have a £2000 Brick...

Some things to note, i have no other Parts i can simply swap out so if you can point me in a direction of what i should be trying before just sending back everything would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel I9-9900k
Cooler: Corsair H150I Pro
Mobo: Asrock Z390 Steel Legend
GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 Super

PSU: Corsair RM750 80+ Gold Fully Modular
Storage : Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD Sata 6gb/s
Primary Boot Drive: Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mhz 32gb (4x8) DDR4
Case: (I dont know if you need to know or not) Lian Li Lancool One Digital

Any Help would be great, Sucks to want to be able to use something you tried hard to put together for it to then not work correctly and not have the knowledge on whats wrong with it

How long does it last before locking up? If you can, download the drivers for your card from Nvidia's website onto a flash drive, and as soon as your system boots to desktop (if it can do that) install the drivers.

4 minutes ago, Bootsy said:

DPC_Watchdog_violation

This code can be caused by faulty drivers, incompatible hardware, conflicting programs (like two antivirus softwares running at once), or SSD firmware incompatibility / corruption. 

If you can't install drivers, or that doesn't help, try removing all but one stick of RAM, or just running 2 sticks in dual-channel (in alternating slots on the motherboard). You MIGHT (though I can't tell for sure) have bad RAM. If changing RAM helps, you'll need to test each stick individually through the Memory Diagnostic tool. It's a built in troubleshooting tool, just open the start menu and search for it, and run it as an administrator. Select the option to restart your PC and it'll check the stick for hardware issues. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling windows on your storage drive. That could tell you if you have a bad M.2

1 minute ago, MeetTheNASA said:

would try one stick of ram at a time for starters

That would a good start as I am wondering it could be the ram as well.

14 minutes ago, Bootsy said:

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (Installed Via USB)

Is it a original copy of windows or pirated?

16 minutes ago, Bootsy said:

Storage : Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND SSD Sata 6gb/s
Primary Boot Drive: Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2

Try swapping it the other way by installing the boot on the SSD and see if the issue persists.

3 minutes ago, HagelBagel said:

@HagelBagel is absolutely correct, definitely try this

Hi guys, thanks for the fast replies, due to it all being on SSD's and Relativly Fast internet i've managed to do what Hagel suggested and tries the drivers and it seems to be stable now (weird) i guess something jsut corrupted as i installed it, Going to try run some VR Games to 'Stress' it a little more and hopefuly it'll stay Stable,

THanks guys

3 hours ago, Bootsy said:

Hi guys, thanks for the fast replies, due to it all being on SSD's and Relativly Fast internet i've managed to do what Hagel suggested and tries the drivers and it seems to be stable now (weird) i guess something jsut corrupted as i installed it, Going to try run some VR Games to 'Stress' it a little more and hopefuly it'll stay Stable,

THanks guys

Happy to hear that it works now!!