Youtube black screen/tab

foolsGold

So, I own a 5700xt which was, until today, working flawlessly. Today i came back to my computer after a long weekend away from it and tried to watch a music video: suddenly the whole tab went black, but audio was still playing. This does not happen with every video, but it does with a lot of them, seemingly at random. If i scroll down, the page is rendered again once i reach the comments (the part where it no longer is showing the video), if i go back up again, whole tab goes dark. If i switch to another tab, its displayed without issues, go back to the tab with the video playing and it goes black again.

So far ive discovered it only happens in google chrome, that it doesnt happen with every video, and that if i wait for the video to stop playing, the tab gets rendered again. 

Is this a driver issue? Why did this issue come out of nowhere?

A very common issue with Chrome.  Turn of GPU rendering in settings for a few days until it's fixed.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

@Samfisher Excuse my ignorance, but i cant seem to find the gpu rendering setting on Chrome, could  you point me in the right direction good sir?

1 minute ago, foolsGold said:

@Samfisher Excuse my ignorance, but i cant seem to find the gpu rendering setting on Chrome, could  you point me in the right direction good sir?

Here you go https://www.lifewire.com/hardware-acceleration-in-chrome-4125122

@Samfisher That actually worked, thanks a lot man :D (how long should i wait before i turn it back on to see if its fixed?)

50 minutes ago, foolsGold said:

@Samfisher That actually worked, thanks a lot man :D (how long should i wait before i turn it back on to see if its fixed?)

I normally just leave it for like 3-4 days and try again, sometimes it's so bad every tab is black and you'll have to edit the shortcut launch commands to force it to start with no GPU acceleration, cos even the settings page is black lol.