My PC is worse than before after an upgrade...

Hello,

I have recently upgraded multiple parts for my PC because I had been experiencing stutter lag on most of my online games, most noticeably in CS:GO and rocket league - These were basically unplayable.

However, now that I am playing the games on the upgrade I'm having the exact same issue except it feels like it is even worse. I have just run a test on UserBenchmark just to see if that helped me figure out the cause. The results were;

UserBenchmarks: Game 77%, Desk 67%, Work 54%
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K - 96%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 - 80.9%
HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB (2016) - 27.2%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C16 2x8GB - 85.8%
MBD: MSI Z390-A PRO (MS-7B98)

This doesn't mean much to me but to someone else hopefully it provides some good information. Is there anyone on here that could possibly provide a suggestion as to how to solve this stutter? I am currently using wifi but have an ethernet cable arriving tomorrow (30m cable because i'm far away from the router but it is just to rule out if that was the cause or not). I would be very grateful for suggestions.

Fishy

The hardware is fine and should have no trouble running those games but jfc get an SSD, man! It's 2020!

Ryzen 5 2600 3.9Ghz all cores 1.175V | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | 16GB ADATA Gammix D10 @ 3000C16 | Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB & 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Super Flower Leadex II 650W | Phanteks P350X

Asus VG245HE 24" 1080p 75hz | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Logitech G710+ MX Brown | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G440

1 minute ago, rares495 said:

The hardware is fine and should have no trouble running those games but jfc get an SSD, man! It's 2020!

Yeah I was actually just looking at getting one just now :)

UserBenchmark is pretty bad to really gauge performance.

Anyway, you could be having some driver conflicts, so you might want to clean up GPU drivers with DDU and see if that helps any. A proper SSD will help out too.

A girl who loves to love.

Whats your Vsync options? Those can add some stuttering

You can test if its your network connection by playing a few games against bots or the training area in rocket league while offline.

2 minutes ago, CantCompute said:

You can test if its your network connection by playing a few games against bots or the training area in rocket league while offline.

Yeah it doesn't lag when playing offline so it must be something to do with it. Will maybe try factory reset my router because there shouldn't be an issue like this.

Just now, FishyBeetroot said:

Yeah it doesn't lag when playing offline so it must be something to do with it. Will maybe try factory reset my router because there shouldn't be an issue like this.

May also be worth checking your wifi cards driver is up to date

15 minutes ago, Tizzycat said:

Whats your Vsync options? Those can add some stuttering

I've got V-sync disabled on all games

4 minutes ago, CantCompute said:

May also be worth checking your wifi cards driver is up to date

Have checked them now, they are a bit out of date - I assumed these drivers would have updated along with windows update by I was wrong, updating now and will let you know if that helps, thank you for suggesting it though

2 hours ago, rares495 said:

but jfc get an SSD, man! It's 2020!

An SSD is a nice to have, not a requirement. HDD MASTER RACE

2 hours ago, FishyBeetroot said:

Check your upload and download speed, I had a similar issue on the xbox with a crappy WiFi adapter. If I just touched or looked at the antenna my signal and performance would tank. 

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

5 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

An SSD is a nice to have, not a requirement. HDD MASTER RACE

Ok boomer.

What's next? "You don't need more than a Pentium?"

Ryzen 5 2600 3.9Ghz all cores 1.175V | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | 16GB ADATA Gammix D10 @ 3000C16 | Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB & 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Super Flower Leadex II 650W | Phanteks P350X

Asus VG245HE 24" 1080p 75hz | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Logitech G710+ MX Brown | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G440

after you upgraded did you make a fresh windows install??

and does the problem only occur in online games?

if so skip DL/UP speed doesnt say much but the MS the test provide could tell you something.

Also what else is on the same router. online games dont take that much bandwith but if you are using the full bandwith some packages will have to wait, and that is anoying if its your online game that want new position of everybody else. QOS on the router could help with that part.

so the milliseconds it takes to arrive is more important than Up and Down speed