no windows 8.1 support amd hmm

basically i was using windows 7 until i upgraded to windows 8.1 and when i tried to install rx 580 drivers theres non so i went on other forums and tried crimson drivers and it doesnt have video drivers so im stuck with microsoft basic vga drivers i have 2 monitors so i can only use 1 with these drivers so ya i need some help with this

also dont tell  me to upgrade because my support on lga 775 is super scarce on win 10 so dont tell me to upgrade 

i hope i get a response

and also if i cant get a fix im stuck with a geforce 9800 gtx+ its trash

16 minutes ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

basically i was using windows 7 until i upgraded to windows 8.1 and when i tried to install rx 580 drivers theres non so i went on other forums and tried crimson drivers and it doesnt have video drivers so im stuck with microsoft basic vga drivers i have 2 monitors so i can only use 1 with these drivers so ya i need some help with this

also dont tell  me to upgrade because my support on lga 775 is super scarce on win 10 so dont tell me to upgrade 

i hope i get a response

and also if i cant get a fix im stuck with a geforce 9800 gtx+ its trash

My memory is a 580 is a 480 in a new dress.  The new AMD drivers don’t like 8.1 at all.  The old ones did though.  Same goes for Nvidia.  If you bump your os to 10 the 580 will likely work again, but who knows what else will break?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

thanks but one issue with that is that all my app dont support 10 only 8 and 7 and ive gotten so used to win 8 thanks but the supports also ass with lga 775 and win 10  im running xeon

1 minute ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

thanks but one issue with that is that all my app dont support 10 only 8 and 7 and ive gotten so used to win 8 thanks but the supports also ass with lga 775 and win 10 

what app?

have you tried a vm?

im using a asus rampage formula r 1.0 and with a xeon it has oc utilitys and crap im just not the biggest fan of 8 

Just now, ihaveanissue22 said:

im using a asus rampage formula r 1.0 and with a xeon it has oc utilitys and crap im just not the biggest fan of 8 

can't you just oc in the bios?

3 minutes ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

is there an like non amd driver ?

For an AMD card?  No.  The card makers get kinda hardcore about that one.  Nvidia won’t even release source code to OEMs. Binaries only.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just update to 10, it's not hard, it's not expensive either, i can get a Win 10 Pro key online for like £10

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

ima be honest i want to but i kinda cant because i just spent my money on a new power supply because my last one blew up ill try to get win 10 

2 minutes ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

ima be honest i want to but i kinda cant because i just spent my money on a new power supply because my last one blew up ill try to get win 10 

correlation isn't causation

You can try install Windows 7 driver on 8.1

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |