Banned From My Origin/EA Account.

Hi,

I have just found out that I have been permanently banned from my Origin/EA account due to breaching EA's terms & conditions.

I had notified EA customer services at the beginning of January via the online help guide, after receiving an email saying that I was [falsely] being accused of cheating & banned from playing any past,current & future FIFA titles. I pointed out that I have never played nor would I likely ever play these types of games as I have no interest in football.

I ensured that I changed my password & enabled text verification for when I log onto my Origin account but it appears that this hasn't worked.

I have received emails from EA regards my account & they are addressed to a person with an alph-numeric name, not mine.

I've opened 3 support cases in the last month as they keep closing them as resolved but that is far from the case, I have had a few emails with questionaires asking what I thought of EA's customer support but absolutely nothing else (I've even checked my spam folder for any messages!)

I went to EA's answers forum & was told to open a case but that hasn't worked either. I am unable to call them for help in resolving this matter as I am deaf & can't use the phone, so I am now stuck with an account I cannot access & games that I paid for despite following EA's security reccomendations.

Has anyone else gone through this?

Keith.

Edited by SpaceHippy1975

I've not gone through this in particular, but I've been through EA support many, many times. I'll tell you now that they probably won't help you at all. I've waited 45 minutes for EA support replies, only to get the first link on a google search to my specific issue(which I have already done before going to EA help).

Either that, or I'll get responses like this:

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-17 at 10.42.51.jpeg

So basically it looks like I'm stuffed & have now lost a game library I've paid £100's for?!

13 hours ago, SpaceHippy1975 said:

So basically it looks like I'm stuffed & have now lost a game library I've paid £100's for?!

Probably.. :( That's my expereience at least (with other companies). Keep trying & the worst case scenario get refunds from your bank.

You may try chat them online. Sometimes they're very helpful. Just find chat that is working (probably USA or UK, depends on time when you want to get help; chat option appears only in working hours).

Still getting nowhere with EA, tried looking for their chat service but can't seem to find it.

I went back to EA's "Answers" web forum where I originally went for help & gave an update, all I got back from them was a post from the community manager saying that I needed to follow the instructions in the email they sent out to me. The thing is that this email takes me back to the EA help website that asks me to fill out the email support option, something that I've filled out 4 times now without any success. When I go back to help.ea.com to check on the status of my cases only to find that the earlier ones have been marked as resolved & the latest case has a message that asks me to go back to EA help & open yet another case!

I'm going round in circles at the moment & getting nowhere!

Well, I spend some time searching for chat. Use Google. It's not so easy to find and sometimes you must try other options in technical support (for some problems chat is available, for some not).

• 10 months later...

@SpaceHippy1975, did you get anywhere with this? or have to get a solicitor involved..?

Ryzen 9 5900X | ALFII 280 | X570 MEG ACE | 32GB Patriot 3733-CL16-20-20-38 | Msi Tri-X 4080 | S-Blaster Z | Sabrent Rocket4 plus-g, Crucial P1, WD Green | Fractal ION 850W 80+ Gold | Define R6 | LG 34GN850 | L-tech K120 & Razer D-adder Mini |

18 hours ago, b1k3rdude said:

@SpaceHippy1975, did you get anywhere with this? or have to get a solicitor involved..?

Please don't necro threads. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv