Any way to check my gmx email with javascript OFF?

Windows95

I used to be able to do this by going into the mobile site but not anymore. Who the fuck decided that everyone must be forced to use javascript to check email so its guaranteed you get some malware hell infected? geez

4 hours ago, Windows95 said:

I used to be able to do this by going into the mobile site but not anymore. Who the fuck decided that everyone must be forced to use javascript to check email so its guaranteed you get some malware hell infected? geez

JavaScript usage doesn't guarantee malware.

5 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

JavaScript usage doesn't guarantee malware.

well, it certaintly facilitates it. so how do i disable it while being able to check the emails

6 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

well, it certaintly facilitates it. so how do i disable it while being able to check the emails

If the website doesn't provide an HTML only version, then there's no choice. JavaScript provides a method to ask the server for data and to handle the data that the server sends back without needing to, from the browser's perspective, change pages. If this is the method the website uses, then it's impossible to have an HTML only version without changing how the actual page works.

The only way for JavaScript to be a method for malware injection is if the server is retrieving content from a remote server that's tainted or the server itself has tainted code. Since it's usually the former, you can use browser extensions to prevent those scripts from running without breaking the website, unless the website cries at you and refuses to run for using "ad-blockers" Otherwise, you just don't trust the website and go find some other place to do your email from.

10 hours ago, Windows95 said:

use the Windows Mail client, or outlook if you have it.

https://support.gmx.com/pop-imap/pop3/index.html

1 hour ago, Windows95 said:

You use an email client. Pick your favourite one and get to it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What browser you using? On Firefox, there is an extension you can install to disable Javascript. However many sites will not be functional if you do that. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Step one... use a decent browser... Chrome is not one of them. I'd recommend firefox.

Step two... install Noscript plugin (there'a quite a few other plugins I'd recommend too)

Step three... train each new site the first time you open it to only allow what you need to run.

Step four... sit back and relax now that you're blocking dodgy scripts that aren't required for a site to work.

I'm blocking ads/scripts/trackers on this very site.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

19 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Step one... use a decent browser... Chrome is not one of them. I'd recommend firefox.

Step two... install Noscript plugin (there'a quite a few other plugins I'd recommend too)

Step three... train each new site the first time you open it to only allow what you need to run.

Step four... sit back and relax now that you're blocking dodgy scripts that aren't required for a site to work.

I'm blocking ads/scripts/trackers on this very site.

the whole point is that gmx and most email website wouldnt load without javascript

13 hours ago, Windows95 said:

the whole point is that gmx and most email website wouldnt load without javascript

So why did you state this?

On 2/3/2020 at 10:52 PM, Windows95 said:

Using JS facilitates malware according to you, so I gave you options on how to stop JS with your browser... that way you can allow the JS that's OK and auto block everything else.... It's exactly what you were asking to do.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

4 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

So why did you state this?

Using JS facilitates malware according to you, so I gave you options on how to stop JS with your browser... that way you can allow the JS that's OK and auto block everything else.... It's exactly what you were asking to do.

you cant open gmx with javascript off

the only solution would be to use a software client

I wish there was a brick wall with a sore head emoji....

1 hour ago, Windows95 said:

you cant open gmx with javascript off

the only solution would be to use a software client

You seem to be misunderstanding what people are telling you.

The short answer to "Can I check the GMX webmail client with Javascript disabled?" is no.

The longer answer is, you don't need to fully disable Javascript. You should have it enabled, but blocked on all sites (via something like NoScript). Then, on the GMX site, you can slowly start enabling the bare minimum amount of Javascript needed for the site to function, and leave all other access blocked.

If that's not acceptable to you, then you need to go over to www.Thunderbird.net and download a mail client and be done with it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

21 hours ago, Windows95 said:

You already get many answers. Read them.