Aftermarket cooler

Hello!

I am building a new PC, and the case I chose (Fractal Design R6) is not the best for airflow. I have a Ryzen 3600X, and I was wondering whether or not I should invest in an aftermarket cooler. Silence is really important to me, but I also don't want the components to throttle or even be damaged because of the heat. Currently, I am looking at Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black or MSI Core Frozr L. Is there a Noctua or other brand cooler that I should look into? Is it even worth investing in?

Thanks so much for your insight!

The bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 and the Noctua NH-D15 are probably the best air coolers on the market.

They have bigger heatsinks, so they can stay quieter than most of the smaller coolers like the Hyper 212.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 and the Noctua NH-D15 are probably the best air coolers on the market.

They have bigger heatsinks, so they can stay quieter than most of the smaller coolers like the Hyper 212.

Thanks for the recommendation, but is there anything cheaper? The Be quiet is almost half the price of the cpu itself! Are the Pure and Shadow rock series good?

2 minutes ago, KingMongkut said:

Thanks for the recommendation, but is there anything cheaper? The Be quiet is almost half the price of the cpu itself! Are the Pure and Shadow rock series good?

They're good, but the Dark Rock/Dark Rock Pro are the better options.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

14 hours ago, KingMongkut said:

Thank you!

Just do you know the large coolers have RAM clearance issues and the be quiet towers are quiet tall, my shadow rock slim bent the acrylic in my S340 case though the Dark Rock Slim is fine in my H200i. Also keeps a lid on my 2600 overclocked. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power is as good or better than D14/15 and is 50 bucks on Amazon. Le Grand Macho RT is also as good or better than D14/15 and both are definitely better than any bequiet. 212 evo is junk.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's