where to get Windows XP drivers

Shrek69

Hey guys!

I just wanted to know where I can get Windows XP Professional drivers for sound and Internet for the Acer Aspire V3-772G laptop?

Also where can i see all drives?

thanks!

4 minutes ago, Shrek69 said:

Hey guys!

I just wanted to know where I can get Windows XP Professional drivers for sound and Internet for the Acer Aspire V3-772G laptop?

Also where can i see all drives?

thanks!

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4732;-;Aspire V3-772G

There are no Windows XP drivers for your laptop.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why do you need Windows XP drivers in the first place?

so my laptop works properly with Windows XP

1 minute ago, Shrek69 said:

Why do you need Windows XP on it?

That's an incredibly old, insecure operating system.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why do you need Windows XP on it?

That's an incredibly old, insecure operating system.

older games that dont run at all on newer windows versions. Also i asked specifically if anybody knew where to get XP drivers, i didn't as you folks to question why i need those drivers in the first place...

older games that dont run at all on newer windows versions. Also i asked specifically if anybody knew where to get XP drivers, i didn't as you folks to question why i need those drivers in the first place...

I'm just wondering lol.

In any case, it would be better to see if you can run a virtual machine for Windows XP so you can still use your laptop for other things. XP is quite old and finicky, you can't even legitimately activate it these days(I do speak from experience). Having it on a virtual machine will make it much easier to reinstall should you ever need to.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

2 minutes ago, Shrek69 said:

That system is too new to run xp. Ivy bridge was the last supported platform for xp, and they don't have drives. So its gonna be a big pain to get it working with xp. Your much better off getting a old laptop for xp or running a vm.

You can't find those drivers anywhere as they don't exist.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm just wondering lol.

In any case, it would be better to see if you can run a virtual machine for Windows XP so you can still use your laptop for other things. XP is quite old and finicky, you can't even legitimately activate it these days(I do speak from experience). Having it on a virtual machine will make it much easier to reinstall should you ever need to.

ffs none of the drivers work, is there anyway i can get some legacy drivers for atheros wireless internet

ffs none of the drivers work, is there anyway i can get some legacy drivers for atheros wireless internet

I haven't been able to find any drivers for Windows XP, and I even had dedicated towers running it in 2018 and 19.

Your best hope is to get a usb wifi card that works on xp.

What exact model of wifi chipset does it have, try search for xp drives, but there probably aren't any.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your best hope is to get a usb wifi card that works on xp.

What exact model of wifi chipset does it have, try search for xp drives, but there probably aren't any.

also no gpu driver

also no gpu driver

Well the issue is your laptop probably use optimus for gpu switching, and that isn't supported in xp.

Install Virtualbox and install Windows XP inside Virtualbox.  Virtualbox = pc emulator, virtual machine.

Games may or may not run, depends on the virtual video card and it's 3D capabilities.

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Install Virtualbox and install Windows XP inside Virtualbox.  Virtualbox = pc emulator, virtual machine.

Games may or may not run, depends on the virtual video card and it's 3D capabilities.

i want a dedicatede XP System that runs well

i want a dedicatede XP System that runs well

Then you should get a oldersystem with support for xp. That laptop doesn't have xp support and work work well or easily.

A virtual machine will work more than good enough for playing older games.

You can't get XP to work on any modern hardware these days.

23 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Have you tried changing Windows compatibility to XP SP3 for your games? 

yes, compatibility mode is a joke, some games run even worse with that

26 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

A virtual machine will work more than good enough for playing older games.

You can't get XP to work on any modern hardware these days.

no game even starts in XP, what a garbage system

4 hours ago, Shrek69 said:

Laptops are tricky bastards when it comes to legacy support. With desktop components, you can almost always search for each component by manufacturer and model and find a compatible driver that way, unless the component wasn't released until post-XP support ending. With laptops, individual component drivers may or may not work, if you can even find them in the first place. Laptop drivers are often proprietary. For example, my ThinkPad X250. Intel has its own drivers for the iGPU. They work wonderfully and usually increase performance by 5-10% over using OEM drivers, but Lenovo won't let me install those. I can only install the Lenovo HD 5500 drivers. The same frequently goes for other hardware in a laptop.

3 hours ago, Shrek69 said:

no game even starts in XP, what a garbage system

XP is arguably the best incarnation of Windows ever released. What you're doing with your laptop is akin to pouring water into a Ford Fusion's gas tank then complaining that your steam engine doesn't work.

If you're looking for a dedicated laptop for XP gaming, pick up either a ThinkPad T420/430 or a Dell Latitude E6420/6430, and be sure to get one with the Quadro GPU. If you just want a system for XP gaming, look for an old prebuilt, something like an Optiplex 780 small form factor chassis that will tuck away neatly, grab an HD 7470 or 7570 off of eBay for $10-ish, then you can install XP using Easy2Boot and get the drivers from Snappy Driver Installer and you're set.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

What games are you trying to run? I may be able to help.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

18 hours ago, Shrek69 said:

i will just install the Win8 drivers then and hope it works good enough

Those won't work. XP was based somewhat on DOS. Win Vista and newer have different base. Meaning that XP software won't work on Vista or newer and newer software needs to be made compatible with XP.

Don't bother with internet either. XP has long been open field for crackers. You won't be able to use any online features of XP either, and would need some hard digging to find browser versions which support XP.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

To play old games, get your games from GOG. GOG (Good Old Games, sister company of the game studio CD Projekt Red) is working with original creators of old games (and doing all the legal complex stuff with publishers, especially those that changed hands form being bought by another), to run old games exactly as the creator intended to. They do this by patching the original game, or running it through a modified version (or not, depends on the game) of a DOS emulator, DOS Box, with specific configurations. 

21 hours ago, Shrek69 said:

Yes you do. People ask questions because they want to help with approaches that you may have not thaugh about. If you want help, you'll get the questions on this forum.