Why blue iris.... why must you do this

So I have no idea why or how but all off a sudden all but 1 of my security cameras stopped connecting to blue iris. All off them are detected in the config tool, all of them connect on that pc in browser but only one actually connects in the software.... what happend? Does anyone know of any updates to this or windows firewall/bit defender that would do this? They all just stopped at 4pm my time so 12 hours ago and no network reset or anything will make that software connect to thoes cameras.... I am so confused and I had having half my security system down. Thanks for any help :)

I assume all of the cameras connect to a PoE switch? (or a regular switch with PoE injector) Have you checked that the switch is still working? Have you checked that the power source is still working?

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

I assume all of the cameras connect to a PoE switch? (or a regular switch with PoE injector) Have you checked that the switch is still working? Have you checked that the power source is still working?

All the cameras still work, I can connect to them just not with blue iris

Edit: they even show up in the find tool. No settings were changed they just stopped, 2 work, one say I/0 error and  the rest no signal

5 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

All the cameras still work, I can connect to them just not with blue iris

Edit: they even show up in the find tool. No settings were changed they just stopped, 2 work, one say I/0 error and  the rest no signal

Did you try restarting the computer? Did you try re-installing Blue Iris?

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you try restarting the computer? Did you try re-installing Blue Iris?

I restarted everything but no reinstall

I restarted everything but no reinstall

I've heard the name Blue Iris and I know it's for viewing/managing IP security cameras but beyond that I know very little. Is the software free or do you have to activate it with a key? If you have to activate it re-installing the software will be a last-resort solution.

7 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I've heard the name Blue Iris and I know it's for viewing/managing IP security cameras but beyond that I know very little. Is the software free or do you have to activate it with a key? If you have to activate it re-installing the software will be a last-resort solution.

It is activated and have a database as well as tons of settings. I emailed support too, it works really good usually

10 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

It is really picky about settings

It is really picky about settings

If you've touched nothing and all these cameras just stopped it does lead me to believe it's an issue with the recording computer assuming the Switch is verified to be OK.

Do you leave this computer on 24/7 or do you turn it on/off regularly?

13 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If you've touched nothing and all these cameras just stopped it does lead me to believe it's an issue with the recording computer assuming the Switch is verified to be OK.

Do you leave this computer on 24/7 or do you turn it on/off regularly?

On 24/7, but like I can go in web browser on that pc and look at them

On 24/7, but like I can go in web browser on that pc and look at them

What are the chances you have another computer you could install Blue Iris on and see if it works correctly? If it does this would tell us immediately that it's a software issue on the recording computer.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

What are the chances you have another computer you could install Blue Iris on and see if it works correctly? If it does this would tell us immediately that it's a software issue on the recording computer.

Possible but not easy

Possible but not easy

We've gone though all the basic troubleshooting outside of replacing cables and/or switches, flushing DNS, or resetting TCP/IP stack. (perhaps @Jarsky knows more about troubleshooting in those regards) Now we're into testing that is a bit more involved/more work since simple steps didn't work.

29 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

We've gone though all the basic troubleshooting outside of replacing cables and/or switches, flushing DNS, or resetting TCP/IP stack. (perhaps @Jarsky knows more about troubleshooting in those regards) Now we're into testing that is a bit more involved/more work since simple steps didn't work.

See it updates pretty much daily, so there may have been an issue there 

See it updates pretty much daily, so there may have been an issue there 

Definite possibility but without testing a re-install or running it on a fresh copy of Windows we won't know for sure that updates were the culprit.

28 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Definite possibility but without testing a re-install or running it on a fresh copy of Windows we won't know for sure that updates were the culprit.

Ill see what i can do

56 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Ill install it on my other pc and just test a couple cameras. It could be the win install, windows 10 breaks alot

Edited by Shadow_Storm56
So it works on my other pc, so it is somthing with that pc no with a software update of blue iris

Ill install it on my other pc and just test a couple cameras. It could be the win install, windows 10 breaks alot

That's not good. Microsoft is notorious for pushing updates that break more things than they fix. If the problem is something completely unknown within Windows the only assistance I can offer is to try re-installing Blue Iris. If the problem persists I'm out of ideas, sorry.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

That's not good. Microsoft is notorious for pushing updates that break more things than they fix. If the problem is something completely unknown within Windows the only assistance I can offer is to try re-installing Blue Iris. If the problem persists I'm out of ideas, sorry.

ill probably have to reinstall windows, the desktop is acting funny too on that pc, so probably windows just broke again

17 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I solved it, it was actually somthing that never usually happens to me. Bit defender failed to update and it made it essentially lockdown on the network. I reinstalled it and now were good. Weird.... I never have problems with bit defender. 

I solved it, it was actually somthing that never usually happens to me. Bit defender failed to update and it made it essentially lockdown on the network. I reinstalled it and now were good. Weird.... I never have problems with bit defender. 

I've never heard of an anti-virus basically turn on it's own network before. Strange but it's good to hear you figured it out. :D

Anything else you need help with while you're here?

20 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I've never heard of an anti-virus basically turn on it's own network before. Strange but it's good to hear you figured it out. :D

Anything else you need help with while you're here?

no all is up and running, also bit defender is an extremely strict antivirus, was the best you could get at the time I got it but idk it's rank now. So I assume it's safe gaurd was just to block anything unusual, see there are exceptions in it so this software can work and they were still there but may not have been working 

9 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

I would have recommended to start by checking the port (running an netstat -ano) and then trying to connect to that port remotely which would have told you the port it being blocked locally.  Good to see you figured it out ?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA