GPU Compatibility For Asus G20AJ

I Have An Asus G20 With An Older 4th Gen i7 Processor And A Stock GTX750.

I Am Having A Hard Time Finding Compatibility Articles And Was Wondering If The New GTX 1650 Would Work With The Mother Board And Stock 230w Charger?

The Power Draw Seems About The Same But I Would Like A Second Opinion.

Seen something similar here recently.  Older prebuilt.  Minimal PSU, has old card, wants to put in new card.  Original could only barely handle the card that was origionally put in it in the first place.

id say the same rationale applies.

The issue is there is two ways to look at this problem: “will it work at all? And “is it safe?”

Your machine is NOT whitebox. It’s parts were designed to work very specifically together.  Can they work apart as well? Sure.  But more slop is needed because the engineers who put those parts together knew al lot more about that those parts than we do and as a result were able to push things harder.

Good news:  Both the 750 and the 1650 do not use any external power connectors so in theory it should “work”

Bad news: Will it be “Safe”?  Will your PSU not pop when faced with this new card?  Maybe maybe not.  The specs are too close for whitebox specs. They’re prescriptive prebuilt specs.  They’re well inside the whitebox safety margin.  Doesn’t mean they’re not safe though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Should be fine but the asus g20aj is designes with blower gpu's in mind meaning that the gtx 1650 may have difficulties in terms of cooling unless you're fine with removing the side panel where the gpu sits so it does not overheat because I haven't seen myself one 1650 out there with a blower style cooler.

image.png.f3ff15dcf6f107677a670caf403b7da3.png

15 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Should be fine but the asus g20aj is designes with blower gpu's in mind meaning that the gtx 1650 may have difficulties in terms of cooling unless you're fine with removing the side panel where the gpu sits so it does not overheat because I haven't seen myself one 1650 out there with a blower style cooler.

image.png.f3ff15dcf6f107677a670caf403b7da3.png

Omg look at that cpu cooler! Double hamster wheels.  That’s more than the ordinary level of proprietarinesss

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.