Graphics driver disregards monitor

TranquilElder
Go to solution Solved by doomsriker,

Do you have another system in which to test the card? You could try a fresh windows install maybe on a spare hard drive (for now) just to see if that fixes it. 

I’ve been banging my head against the wall for hours trying to fix this

i have a monitor that when plugged in to my gpu (RX 580 8GB) goes trough the bios boot process and gets to the windows logo and the little thing at the bottom spinning as if the system is booting up, when ever the logo stops spinning and the graphics driver gets initialized the screen goes black and loses signal and doesn’t come back on. On the other hand the tv thats connected to my hdmi port starts up perfectly with no issues, so on boot the graphics driver seems to dismiss my DVI-D port and just displays on hdmi you can see it in the video bellow.

already tried DDU and it doesn’t work, in safe mode everything works fine so it seems that my graphics driver is screwed up hard.

video: 

in the video it shows both monitors being picked up but once the driver loads it turns off my monitor (dvi-d) and continues booting on my tv (hdmi) 

Do you have another system in which to test the card? You could try a fresh windows install maybe on a spare hard drive (for now) just to see if that fixes it. 

If your graphics drivers arent completely up to date you could use your TV to update them and then try again with your monitor

5 minutes ago, Cactu said:

If your graphics drivers arent completely up to date you could use your TV to update them and then try again with your monitor

Trust me the first thing i did is plug in my tv and update my drivers lol, didnt fix it.

11 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

I will try that, haven't dont it yet

1 hour ago, doomsriker said:

I fixed it in the most ridiculous way possible, while the tv was on i kept plugging and unplugging the dvi-d and it recognized my second monitor and from there i configured everything. Btw before i fixed it i showed in the video my pc booting and it was really slow plus it was booting off a nvme drive so yee ? . I will select ur comment as the best solution because to be fair it would have fixed it if i were to try it your way. Thanks for your reply have a nice day ?