CPU temp around 90C after posting

Hello Guys,

I need your help. I just build new setup

3950x, aorus elite wifi x570, 32 GB ram , 2080 super ,cooler master 320

I have an issue. The CPU temp in the bios menu is spiking upto 95C and then turning off. I tried installing Win 10 on my first boot  once it asked for restart the computer didn't start again. Afterwards when I manually tried restarting it turned off automatically.

Could you please help! Thanks for all the comments

Regards,

Pawan

Did you try remounting the cooler/redoing the thermal paste?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

What cooler are you using? If it's the box cooler are you sure it is mounted properly and fully screwed in to the back plate?

Recheck if the cooler is mounted correctly, if you have good thermal paste contact and recheck if you removed the 'sticker' on the cooler, if that was present.

If that all checks out positive, you may have a cooler which has a pump that doesn't turn on. Check if all cables are plugged in, in the correct sockets. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes, I did open up the cooler and screwed it back again. But I didn't but didn't put any more thermal paste as I saw it was kind of spread evenly on the CPU

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Did you try remounting the cooler/redoing the thermal paste?

Yes I did

14 minutes ago, minibois said:

Recheck if the cooler is mounted correctly, if you have good thermal paste contact and recheck if you removed the 'sticker' on the cooler, if that was present.

If that all checks out positive, you may have a cooler which has a pump that doesn't turn on. Check if all cables are plugged in, in the correct sockets. 

The CPU temp is 95C at idle and the fans are on 

17 minutes ago, Pawan_rao said:

Yes, I did open up the cooler and screwed it back again. But I didn't but didn't put any more thermal paste as I saw it was kind of spread evenly on the CPU

I would suggest cleaning that up and reapplying new thermal paste, as there might have been air pockets created that prevented the cooler from making proper contact with the CPU. And what cooler are you using, anyway?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I would suggest cleaning that up and reapplying new thermal paste, as there might have been air pockets created that prevented the cooler from making proper contact with the CPU. And what cooler are you using, anyway?

I am using a https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml360r-rgb/

23 minutes ago, Pawan_rao said:

And are you sure the pump is plugged in and running? As @minibois said, that could be the culprit here.

30 minutes ago, Pawan_rao said:

The CPU temp is 95C at idle and the fans are on 

And the cable that comes from the waterblock is also plugged in?

I am still kind of suspecting that to be an issue.

Is there RGB on the waterblock to see if it's on?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/