Rx 570 overheating please help

So I recently built a budget pc ,the other day I got a Saphire Rx 570 but the card keeps overheating when playing AAA games ,I thought that it might be a faulty card so I returned it and got an Asus ROG RX 570. The same thing happens, after a while of gaming ,the card got to 75°C ,the fans got really loud and the PC shuts off. I have one exhaust fan on the back and one intake fan on the front. What could be the problem? Is the graphics card placement too close to the PSU? that area with the grills right below the graphics card does get hot when gaming. Could it be that there isn’t enough cold air getting to the card? Please help, This is making me wanna tear my hair out and nobody is replying to my posts on reddit or discord. 

Specs :

Ryzen 3 2200 G

Kkngston 8GB RAM

Western digital Ssd 240GB

Thermaltake Litepower 450W PSU

ASUS ROG RX 570 4GB Graphics card

thank you.

13BEC963-DD6A-4B08-9C89-7F57448CFFB5.jpeg

5 minutes ago, deadxsensei said:

Thermaltake Litepower 450W PSU

Might just be a bad PSU, no idea on the quality of that one.

What happens if you drop the power target on the GPU to -50%?

And does the case have any front mesh? you GPU can run up to 90C anyways though. Just won't boost as high.

Keeping the side panel off will give it the best airflow.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

75c is way below critical temperature. There is something else happening. As @Streetguru said, it might be bad PSU.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

My guess is that it's the PSU, as 75C is not nearly high enough for the GPU to start throttling and/or trigger a shutdown.

I tried looking for reviews of the Thermaltake Litepower but couldn't find any really from reputable reviewers, all I can see is that it's in the worst tier in the forum's PSU tier list, and the fact that Thermaltake only offers a 2 year warranty for it, doesn't lead me to believe that it's a particularly reliable unit.

What do your CPU temps look like?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

18 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

My guess is that it's the PSU, as 75C is not nearly high enough for the GPU to start throttling and/or trigger a shutdown.

I tried looking for reviews of the Thermaltake Litepower but couldn't find any really from reputable reviewers, all I can see is that it's in the worst tier in the forum's PSU tier list, and the fact that Thermaltake only offers a 2 year warranty for it, doesn't lead me to believe that it's a particularly reliable unit.

What do your CPU temps look like?

Idle it’s between 30-40°C, while gaming I’m not sure cause I can’t find a program that can show the temps for ryzen CPUs. Msi afterburner can’t show temps for it either for some reason.

24 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Might just be a bad PSU, no idea on the quality of that one.

What happens if you drop the power target on the GPU to -50%?

And does the case have any front mesh? you GPU can run up to 90C anyways though. Just won't boost as high.

Keeping the side panel off will give it the best airflow.

I haven’t tried to drop the power target but like that’s not something that I should do right? I mean I have enough power for the graphics card. And the cpu cabinet does have a front mesh but there’s also a flat plastic cover on top of it. The case I guess doesn’t have the best airflow :/

1 minute ago, deadxsensei said:

Idle it’s between 30-40°C, while gaming I’m not sure cause I can’t find a program that can show the temps for ryzen CPUs.

AMD's Ryzen Master.

I mean if idle temps are fine, I can't imagine it overheating at load as it's a fairly low power chip, so again, leads me to believe it's a PSU issue.

3 minutes ago, deadxsensei said:

I haven’t tried to drop the power target but like that’s not something that I should do right? I mean I have enough power for the graphics card.

The idea is to check whether crashing occurs if the system's power consumption is lower. If it stops the crashing, then it pretty much confirms that it's the PSU that's causing it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

AMD's Ryzen Master.

I mean if idle temps are fine, I can't imagine it overheating at load as it's a fairly low power chip, so again, leads me to believe it's a PSU issue.

The idea is to check whether crashing occurs if the system's power consumption is lower. If it stops the crashing, then it pretty much confirms that it's the PSU that's causing it.

Okay I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, deadxsensei said:

I haven’t tried to drop the power target but like that’s not something that I should do right? I mean I have enough power for the graphics card. And the cpu cabinet does have a front mesh but there’s also a flat plastic cover on top of it. The case I guess doesn’t have the best airflow :/

If the PSU is crap the power won't be stable and it will cause issues or crashing.

if you drop the power target to -50% then even the worst PSU should run without crashing.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

If the PSU is crap the power won't be stable and it will cause issues or crashing.

if you drop the power target to -50% then even the worst PSU should run without crashing.

Ohh okay, I’ll try it out tomorrow. Thank you.

Update : I’ve fixed the issue, you guys were right it was a faulty PSU. 

thank you to everyone who helped ?