I want some help

saniazam
Go to solution Solved by Curious Pineapple,
On 1/7/2020 at 4:18 AM, saniazam said:

well my eps adators do not work at all the gpu wont even start at least i want to try it can u help

EPS connectors are for CPU power headers. You really are limited to having an external power supply, pushing your luck with molex adaptors, replacing the entire machine or selling the card and getting one that doesn't require supplementary power.

hlo i've just bought a graphics card.its an asus gtx 750 ti oc dual fan.I have a hp compaq 6300 sff and for my part it fits pretty well in it.But the problem is that the power i am using does not have a separate 6 pin power for my graphics card.I tried using 6 pin to 15 pin sata connectors but the gpu doesnt seem to run like at all no signal on the monitor,no fans running,nothing.I would really like anyone to help me figure this out.Pls 

but its says it only need 300 watt psu and i have 320 watt

2 minutes ago, saniazam said:

but its says it only need 300 watt psu and i have 320 watt

You won't get that much power through SATA connectors. Even if you did the PSU is really not up to the job.

Buy the cheapest 500 or 550W bronze PSU, go second hand if new is too much. Just make sure it has the connector you need.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Welcome to the forum

If your GPU requires a supplemental PCIE power cable, I think you're out of luck with your system.

You're either gonna have to get something that doesn't require extra power, or get basically a new system.

Reason I say this, is because your HP machine is an SFF machine, so already a normal ATX PSU will not fit into the system. The motherboard also uses non-standard connections, so that's a loss as well. So at that point you're gonna have to replace quite a few things to get it working.

I don't recommend any sorts of adapter to PCIE either, since if your PSU doesn't have a PCIE power connector, it is not made to support one.

Maybe a low profile card with no PCIE connectors can work for you, but that's about the best thing possible.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So that means there isnt any alternative to this.

Does your PSU have a spare molex connector?

If not, there are plenty of video cards that don't need PSU delivery.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Just now, Vitamanic said:

Does your PSU have a spare molex connector?

Nope

I really dont have much money left so a new psu will be a problem

can a 2 x Sata to 6 Pin PCIE Power Adapter work?

Says that it can work but i am not sure.

3 minutes ago, saniazam said:

can a 2 x Sata to 6 Pin PCIE Power Adapter work?

Says that it can work but i am not sure.

EPS adaptors can work too, mine also caught fire..

Just now, Curious Pineapple said:

So...... that means i shouldnt use it

what if i buy a power just for the gpu and put it outside the pc

28 minutes ago, saniazam said:

what if i buy a power just for the gpu and put it outside the pc

We're talking about doubling the cost of your graphics card, or more, for almost no reason.

I mean, my gaming rig has twin GTX-760tis (a 760 ti is a double step up from the gtx 750 ti), and it simply can't run modern games hardly at all, no matter how much effort I put into optimizing settings and machine configuration for that specific game (even games that claim good support for SLI often are too much for this setup).

Less subjectively, modern Intel consumer processors can offer somewhere between two and four times higher performance in double precision floating point workloads, and with some workloads can outperform the GTX 750 in single precision floating point workloads. And that's without considering Intel chips with onboard graphics.

For the $200-$400 that it costs to buy a graphics card, buy a new PSU, and then be left with a hacky setup, you could buy a newer used computer that your GTX 750 will slide right into, or possibly find an even better deal than that.

I would strongly recommend not spending any more money on the machine you have, and instead collecting parts or money to build a newer machine.

If you live somewhere where you can buy things off of Ebay, just look at what you can get for less than $300 dollars, compared to just a very old graphics card and a used PSU that you would get with your project: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=gaming+computer&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_udhi=300

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

13 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

well my eps adators do not work at all the gpu wont even start at least i want to try it can u help

12 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

We're talking about doubling the cost of your graphics card, or more, for almost no reason.

I mean, my gaming rig has twin GTX-760tis (a 760 ti is a double step up from the gtx 750 ti), and it simply can't run modern games hardly at all, no matter how much effort I put into optimizing settings and machine configuration for that specific game (even games that claim good support for SLI often are too much for this setup).

Less subjectively, modern Intel consumer processors can offer somewhere between two and four times higher performance in double precision floating point workloads, and with some workloads can outperform the GTX 750 in single precision floating point workloads. And that's without considering Intel chips with onboard graphics.

For the $200-$400 that it costs to buy a graphics card, buy a new PSU, and then be left with a hacky setup, you could buy a newer used computer that your GTX 750 will slide right into, or possibly find an even better deal than that.

I would strongly recommend not spending any more money on the machine you have, and instead collecting parts or money to build a newer machine.

If you live somewhere where you can buy things off of Ebay, just look at what you can get for less than $300 dollars, compared to just a very old graphics card and a used PSU that you would get with your project: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=gaming+computer&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_udhi=300

But can i use a y splitter sata to 6 pin adapter

17 minutes ago, saniazam said:

It can work but there are a lot of sketchy and unsafe adapters out there that might just catch fire and at best only destroy your hardware or maybe kill you in the process of burning down your house. Even a second external PSU would probably be a better idea but then you're spending another 50-70 bucks for a semi decent psu and you still have to figure out how to automatically switch it on along your proprietary psu  and for that you need some knowledge about the pinouts.

I really wouldn't recommend either way. You're probably better off with saving up a bit more money and buying yourself a used rig with proper non-proprietary hardware. 

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Just now, bowrilla said:

It can work but there are a lot of sketchy and unsafe adapters out there that might just catch fire and at best only destroy your hardware or maybe kill you in the process of burning down your house. Even a second external PSU would probably be a better idea but then you're spending another 50-70 bucks for a semi decent psu and you still have to figure out how to automatically switch it on along your proprietary psu  and for that you need some knowledge about the pinouts.

I really wouldn't recommend either way. You're probably better off with saving up a bit more money and buying yourself a used rig with proper non-proprietary hardware. 

any other suggestions cuz i cant wait that long to buy a new rig

31 minutes ago, saniazam said:

any other suggestions cuz i cant wait that long to buy a new rig

If you can't afford your rig burning down (or your house) you'd better wait. Adapters are a gamble and jerry rigging a second psu (again, that's another 50-ish bucks) is also a gamble since you can mess it up and fry your hardware if you connect the wrong pins to start it.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

6 hours ago, saniazam said:

Maybe, but maybe not.

The max wattage that SATA6 requires is 54 watts. This means that a power supply might only be able to deliver 54 watts through it's SATA connection.

The GTX 750ti wants somewhere between 70 and 100 watts depending on load and the specific model you get.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

On 1/7/2020 at 4:18 AM, saniazam said:

EPS connectors are for CPU power headers. You really are limited to having an external power supply, pushing your luck with molex adaptors, replacing the entire machine or selling the card and getting one that doesn't require supplementary power.