YET ANOTHER UPDATE January 6th on the FREE Game at EG Valued at $19.99 on Steam January 9th

Paul Rudd

I'm happy to announce that Epic Games will be continuing the free games every Thursday in 2020.

EDIT Jan 14th: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1145308-news-eg-weekly-free-games-will-continue-in-2020/

EDIT January 6th: Epic has delayed the FREE Game this Thursday from For The King to the game shown below. This is supposedly due to some type of technical issue. I'm thinking the delay also means it'll be next Thursdays free game or just a future free game in general.

FREE Game for THURSDAY, January 9th at the Epic Games store.

sundered.gif.765728706e28cc5484920381f405ef54.gif

Valued at $19.99 on Steam here... Link it has 2,025 Very Positive reviews.

I already own this game on Steam. It's actually a really good game and pretty overlooked imo.

EDIT January 2nd: I've just finished making a blog that contains all the 70+ free games given out by Epic so far.

It shows when each game was given out and the retail/common sale prices for each game.

Hard to say this without seeming rude so my apologies but man. You completely spam this forum with these. Why not put it all into one thread?

31 minutes ago, SocomSuade said:

Hard to say this without seeming rude so my apologies

No need to apologize, you can be whatever you wish to me. I take no offense to words on the internet.

You completely spam this forum with these.

You better believe it. In May, it'll be two full years that I've been doing what I've been doing here.

Why not put it all into one thread?

Multiple reasons. For example, when you edit threads, issues arise like MB limits on pictures, gifs, etc, etc.

42 minutes ago, SocomSuade said:

Why not put it all into one thread?

He would either need to edit the original post, in which case it may go unnoticed (I don't know if the forum regards that as an update), or add a new post and it would just be too long. He could probably get away with doing them weekly or monthly though, but right now he's just been posting a lot because of Epic's free game giveaway, which is normally weekly.

#Muricaparrotgang

im glad he does what he does. i can click the section and see what there and time frame is instead of clicking a single thread and scrolling through it to see whats where

23 hours ago, SocomSuade said:

Hard to say this without seeming rude so my apologies but man. You completely spam this forum with these. Why not put it all into one thread?

@Intransigent PLEASE CONTINUE DOING GODS WORK AND DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS HEATHEN.

Lol spam the forum.  I appreciate you for this @Intransigent

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

42 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

@Intransigent PLEASE CONTINUE DOING GODS WORK AND DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS HEATHEN.

Lol spam the forum.  I appreciate you for this @Intransigent

Thanks. It's alright, I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. While people are entitled to their own opinions, they don't exactly have to factor in to what I actually got goin' on. I do understand where people come from. Maybe the amount of posts I've created in the Hot Deal sections is excessive but I mean, I'm not breaking any rules. I try to keep the section alive because when I don't it's as dead as a door nail.

I hope to inspire other people to create similar hot deals posts when they find them. The intention is to make sure people are aware of all the hot deals taking place throughout the internet and in real places outside the internet. I'm pretty positive there's hot deals going on in places that I'm not even aware of. And I thank those that share them. If it wasn't for this section, I wouldn't have found hot deals on some things I use every single day. RAM, mice, hard drives, games, etc, etc. I've even found excellent deals to give to family and friends when I have no clue what to give family and friends during holidays.

57 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Thanks. It's alright, I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. While people are entitled to their own opinions, they don't exactly have to factor in to what I actually got goin' on. I do understand where people come from. Maybe the amount of posts I've created in the Hot Deal sections is excessive but I mean, I'm not breaking any rules. I try to keep the section alive because when I don't it's as dead as a door nail.

I hope to inspire other people to create similar hot deals posts when they find them. The intention is to make sure people are aware of all the hot deals taking place throughout the internet and in real places outside the internet. I'm pretty positive there's hot deals going on in places that I'm not even aware of. And I thank those that share them. If it wasn't for this section, I wouldn't have found hot deals on some things I use every single day. RAM, mice, hard drives, games, etc, etc. I've even found excellent deals to give to family and friends when I have no clue what to give family and friends during holidays.

This forum space was DEAD when I arrived - I started posting about hot deals on Newegg (I checked daily at that time) and since then you have kept that forum subsection alive.

While people ARE entitled to their opinion - I don't care for uneducated opinions, and the response this person posted was...silly to say the least.  People seem to try to give you guff (which you are like a duck with) for no reason and that was just another case of it.

Keep up Gods work.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Interesting. Was kind of looking forward to For the King, maybe it's be a bonus freebie next week.

In other news, I've been playing the Yooka Laylee game, and it's actually pretty good. I'm not huge on the literal paywall system and having to find hidden coins in levels because it REALLY throws level pacing off, but otherwise so far I haven't hit anything I think is blatant horseshit or that makes the game unfun, aside from stopping what I'm doing to be forced into looking for hidden coins in order to progress.

#Muricaparrotgang

13 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Interesting. Was kind of looking forward to For the King, maybe it's be a bonus freebie next week.

In other news, I've been playing the Yooka Laylee game, and it's actually pretty good. I'm not huge on the literal paywall system and having to find hidden coins in levels because it REALLY throws level pacing off, but otherwise so far I haven't hit anything I think is blatant horseshit or that makes the game unfun, aside from stopping what I'm doing to be forced into looking for hidden coins in order to progress.

it will come out free again... not the first time its been free. hell even humble bundle gives it free from time to time

41 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

In other news, I've been playing the Yooka Laylee game, and it's actually pretty good. I'm not huge on the literal paywall system and having to find hidden coins in levels because it REALLY throws level pacing off, but otherwise so far I haven't hit anything I think is blatant horseshit or that makes the game unfun, aside from stopping what I'm doing to be forced into looking for hidden coins in order to progress.

I played it a good 30 minutes last week and noticed the exact same thing with the hidden coins. What I might do is simply not worry about them at all because I know I'll miss some coins so might as well get them on a replay of the game. I've had to do the same thing in so many other games in order to get all the achievements.

Perfect example that comes to mind is Snoopy's Grand Adventure for the Xbox 360. Ya' gotta get all the jelly beans in the game on every single level. Quite a fun game for what it is, I actually wouldn't mind completing it again on Xbox One if the price would ever come down. Even the Xbox 360 version is still around twenty bucks. Most rare backwards compatible Xbox 360 games stay valuable.

When I hit the next world in Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, I was at a major fork in the road of what to decide. Go back and complete that beginning level or move on to the next. It's a rather long walk between the two and I found myself walking back and forth over and over because it was such a tough decision. I ended up just going into the next level.

As I played the first world, it really hinted at the difficulty of the game eventually being ramped up as you progressed. Hopefully, it'll do that. I like a challenge.

8 hours ago, Intransigent said:

I played it a good 30 minutes last week and noticed the exact same thing with the hidden coins. What I might do is simply not worry about them at all because I know I'll miss some coins so might as well get them on a replay of the game. I've had to do the same thing in so many other games in order to get all the achievements.

As I played the first world, it really hinted at the difficulty of the game eventually being ramped up as you progressed. Hopefully, it'll do that. I like a challenge.

Negative, you need them to actually progress in the game. You don't need all of them, but there's literal paywalls and you have to pay Trowzer Snake in TWIT coin to move on to the next area. It's not too terrible, but it makes the levels a lot longer and have way less flow, since there's been a lot of sections I'd actually like to do faster (And I don't like platformers) but I have to stop halfway through and look for coins. I'm kind of hoping there's a new game plus where I can just... not need to find the coins. I can tolerate it for a first play through, but if I ever look to replay it I don't want to deal with it, it's just time padding.

As to difficulty... I haven't finished the game, but I'm not sure the levels are all that hard. I got a good way through them and none of them were especially difficult, but I found them fairly fun. I've heard the final "boss level" of the impossible lair is supposed to be hard.

#Muricaparrotgang

So I just unlocked the final area... I think, and the total count is requiring 100 (I counted 101, but I may have miscounted) of 165 TWIT coins from the first 33 levels. If I can currently unlock level 34, then I don't know how, but toss another 5 into the total count. I'm actually rather annoyed as I thought I hit the final "paywall" and was really hoping the other thing I needed 30 for was just a bonus thing, but it was in fact another progression blocking paywall.

It's really annoying. So far I've only gone back and done 1 level over, but that's also with generally spending a lot of time looking for these stupid coins. Sometimes they aren't very out of the way, you can just slam through a floor panel, and those are okay, but there's a lot that are just REALLY out of the way. I'm sticking with my previous point, I'd like to actually replay the game at some point, but quite literally if it makes you find all these dumb ass coins every time, I'm not going to bother and that's a real shame. I just can't imagine something like Mario or Sonic quite literally preventing all progression unless you replay levels and find some secret hidden bullshit. And some of levels seem to have multiple paths, so you need to take each one. Luckily I've been managing 2 or 3 per level and that's been working pretty well, with a few "perfects" on the easier ones.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I just can't imagine something like Mario or Sonic quite literally preventing all progression unless you replay levels and find some secret hidden bullshit.

One of the best Mario games ever created did that, Mario 64. Ya' gotta get all the stars to advance to Koopa IIRC. But that's not exactly as difficult as how you describe in YL. I want to say in Mario 64 you have to go back and get all the red coins to advance as well, I can't remember it's such an old game.

17 hours ago, Intransigent said:

One of the best Mario games ever created did that, Mario 64. Ya' gotta get all the stars to advance to Koopa IIRC. But that's not exactly as difficult as how you describe in YL. I want to say in Mario 64 you have to go back and get all the red coins to advance as well, I can't remember it's such an old game.

I never really played it, but it's a lot different in a 3d platformer where your only real goal is to go around and collect stars. But Mario 64 was annoying in that every time you got a star it would spit you out of the level and you'd have to reload it again. None of the 2d sidescrollers ever had a system like that. It's common and more logical in 3d platformers that encourage exploration, but there's only so much to do in a 2d plane when there's a big dumb ball and chain chasing you that the game forces camera focus on so you can't see where you're going and you will literally run off the screen. Ended up just skipping that bit.

#Muricaparrotgang

Yeah I mean do your thing. IDC and obviously I dont make the rules. I am rarely on here as you can probably see by my post count, I am a noob. It was just like dang, I am trying to find deals on PC stuff and I have to scan through 4 pages of games that i would never in my life consider playing lol.