I found a great charity called Gamers Outreach Foundation. I was able to donate this GPU to them.

Sorry, but the GPU has found a new home. I was able to find a great charity called Gamers Outreach Foundation that takes donations for creating gaming computers for handicapped kids. It seems like such a great charity. 

81357151_132610694872538_2390449990884392960_o.jpg

80842281_132610611539213_4078066585649020928_o.jpg

Edited by Guest
Donated GPU.

a bonus is if you use an AMD card you can use dual graphics with your APU ;)

You're not going to sell it?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Just now, TrainFan2020 said:

You're not going to sell it?

Hey, it sounds like he is being a generous person. Don't convince him otherwise.

No, I don't need the money and occasionally I have some good leftover stuff to give away.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, Jamey021 said:

No, I don't need the money and occasionally I have some good leftover stuff to give away.

That's nice!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Thanks. It is not easy to give stuff away online though. I think people think there is some catch. There is no catch. I have been trying for a few days. I even sent LTT an e-mail asking them if they had any ideas and they told me to try here.

5 minutes ago, Jamey021 said:

Thanks. It is not easy to give stuff away online though. I think people think there is some catch. There is no catch. I have been trying for a few days. I even sent LTT an e-mail asking them if they had any ideas and they told me to try here.

I know the feeling, I tried to give a damn car away. It's going to scrap in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

I know the feeling, I tried to give a damn car away. It's going to scrap in a few weeks.

Are you in America?  March of Dimes takes cars for example.

But if it's going to scrap, why would someone want it?

Just now, Lorant said:

Are you in America?  March of Dimes takes cars for example.

But if it's going to scrap, why would someone want it?

Nahh, UK. It was a repairable car I bought for track days, but gave up with the idea. I've ended up using it for parts and as a shed.

I can tell this site is (slightly) more mature than Reddit because every comment so far has been something along the lines of "sell it" instead of someone making up a sob story for a free GPU

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

46 minutes ago, Jamey021 said:

Just like the title says, are there any kids here who are stuck with an APU for their gaming rigs who needs a graphics card? I have a 1060 3Gb that I would like to get into the hands of someone who needs a card. It is in fantastic shape and was only used to get a signal to a monitor for a couple of months. I would prefer to deal with parents on shipping and stuff like that. BTW I will pay shipping. Ask your mom or dad and post some pics of your desktop. I am not sure how to make this fair, but the first person to convince me that they really need a card gets it. 

81357151_132610694872538_2390449990884392960_o.jpg

80842281_132610611539213_4078066585649020928_o.jpg

I mean, I don't even have a PC, I am planning on building one in Febuary, and I'm getting the 1660 ti, and I'd rather get a 1060 for free than pay for a 1660 ti, I'm in canada if you decide to give it to me, although if someone needs it, it's fine, cuz I was planning on paying for one anyways.

BTW: I'm not a kid :) 

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I can tell this site is (slightly) more mature than Reddit because every comment so far has been something along the lines of "sell it" instead of someone making up a sob story for a free GPU

Actually, that is very true. I wouldn't dare go to Reddit with this.

3 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

I mean, I don't even have a PC, I am planning on building one in Febuary, and I'm getting the 1660 ti, and I'd rather get a 1060 for free than pay for a 1660 ti, I'm in canada if you decide to give it to me, although if someone needs it, it's fine, cuz I was planning on paying for one anyways.

There ya go, done.  Enjoy your new GPU, post up what you buy in February.

2 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

I wanted to help out someone young who doesn't have much and would benefit from this. We adults can work for our stuff. Good luck with your build though. That 1660 ti is fantastic. I put together a few builds with the 1660ti for customers, and they are very happy.

I also have candy to give away, kids. PM me your location and I will come bring it to you.

Jk jk.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

Just now, Reytime said:

I also have candy to give away, kids. PM me your location and I will come bring it to you.

Jk jk.

Just like I said. I prefer to deal with parents if anyone replies under 18.

Just now, Jamey021 said:

Just like I said. I prefer to deal with parents if anyone replies under 18.

Chances are you won't find any kids on LTT, if you don't find someone, I'd recommend selling it for cheap to your customers, There are a lot of kids that shop for parts with their parents. Or you can give it to them for free, and You won't need to deal with shipping, etc. 

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

5 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Chances are you won't find any kids on LTT, if you don't find someone, I'd recommend selling it for cheap to your customers, There are a lot of kids that shop for parts with their parents. Or you can give it to them for free, and You won't need to deal with shipping, etc. 

I agree. I figured that I would give it a try. 

2 minutes ago, Jamey021 said:

I agree. I figured that I would give it a try. 

Also change the title, Make it something like "Free GTX 1060" since people might think of it as "haha y'all kids using a APU, kids" and not click on it.

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

I found a charity that I will send it to. It is called "Gamers outreach Foundation". It looks like they create gaming computers for handicapped kids. 

1 minute ago, Jamey021 said:

I found a charity that I will send it to. It is called "Gamers outreach Foundation". It looks like they create gaming computers for handicapped kids. 

Nice 

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

2 hours ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Won't find kids on LTT? 

You clearly haven't spent much time here lol

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Honestly, even the less well-off here can probably find capable hardware for cheap, or can whip up some inexpensive boxes for relatives and friends, unless you live in some country that taxes you to oblivion for the privilege of owning said hardware (looking at you Brazil).

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…