I Fekked up my bootable drive

Raptor_Fawr

I have this old Athlon II computer that have two sata HDDs

One of those have windows10 the other is just data. Both can be visible from BIOS

The main HDD used to have two partitions, one of which had windowsXP AND the third party bootmanager I've downloaded. 

I completely forgot about it when I wiped clean that partition and now it gives me the BOOT DISK NOT FOUND error. 

Since I cannot access this computer until tomorrow and I have no other computers nearby I wanted to ask you guys how to proceed in order to make it bootable again. I was thinking about having a USB linux based OS and boot from there, then proceed to mark C as primary boot device again, maybe with Gparted but since it's the first time it happens to me i don't know if it will work. 

I can also put the Win10 installer on USB but I don't want to reinstall it because it's a pain to reconfigure it from scratch (all programs etc) 

Will it work? Do I have better alternatives? 

11 minutes ago, Raptor_Fawr said:

I have this old Athlon II computer that have two sata HDDs

One of those have windows10 the other is just data. Both can be visible from BIOS

The main HDD used to have two partitions, one of which had windowsXP AND the third party bootmanager I've downloaded. 

I completely forgot about it when I wiped clean that partition and now it gives me the BOOT DISK NOT FOUND error. 

Since I cannot access this computer until tomorrow and I have no other computers nearby I wanted to ask you guys how to proceed in order to make it bootable again. I was thinking about having a USB linux based OS and boot from there, then proceed to mark C as primary boot device again, maybe with Gparted but since it's the first time it happens to me i don't know if it will work. 

I can also put the Win10 installer on USB but I don't want to reinstall it because it's a pain to reconfigure it from scratch (all programs etc) 

Will it work? Do I have better alternatives? 

First download linux on the HDD, and let's see if that works. And if that doesn't work download windows 10. 

1 minute ago, NoobBoi said:

First download linux on the HDD, and let's see if that works. And if that doesn't work download windows 10. 

Use boot menu to boot from the linux installation.

Just to let everyone know: 

I was able to boot ubuntu from usb and I was able to see both the hard drives, but the LiveCD was continuosly freezing because of those HDDs... When all sata cables were disconnected I had no issues loading ubuntu apps but as soon as those hard drives were connected it freezed. Maybe it was lack of ram or something like that, anyway I had to reinstall windows... I was able to retrieve most of the data tho, but I also had to reconfigure the whole OS and reinstall all the exe files :(

Tl;Dr = only win10 fresh install solved the issue

Tldr: Windows + random "bootloader" = only if you really like tinkering :)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 12/31/2019 at 10:30 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Tldr: Windows + random "bootloader" = only if you really like tinkering :)

I will check that out but I don't need it anymore (I hope) ?

Anyway I was just scared of the whole "reinstalling process" it took me a day to configure everything. This computer was connected to a network with a proxy and had two accounts with 10-15 different softwares, I think you can understand my sweatings