Did Linus skip out on a mantle patch video?

Sammael

I thought there would be some sort of video up by now, I remember him throwing out there that people should chime in on what kinds of test combos they wanted to see.

I have possible explanations on why nothing was ever posted.

[conspiracy time]

1.  Linus/Slick were so disappointed at the performance difference on their super ultra mega high end intel i7 quad/hex core cpus, they decided not to post because they would have nothing nice to say when compared to their quad sli 780ti OC mineral oil cooled setups (yes, this is made up, but it's more fun to assume they have some sort of over the top setups that are beyond the scope of most mortal men).

2.  They thought there was not much to show based on what was released so far and just thought there was not much there there.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Linus knows AMD does not have physX yet so he will not post it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The Illuminati told them not to post the video.

The Illuminati are living inside my milk, help me

I'M GOING TO HAVE TO REPORT YOU TWO BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE A JOKE.

- every kid who ever reports me >.>

/rant over

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

/rant over

Cool story bro.

I thought there would be some sort of video up by now, I remember him throwing out there that people should chime in on what kinds of test combos they wanted to see.

I have possible explanations on why nothing was ever posted.

[conspiracy time]

1.  Linus/Slick were so disappointed at the performance difference on their super ultra mega high end intel i7 quad/hex core cpus, they decided not to post because they would have nothing nice to say when compared to their quad sli 780ti OC mineral oil cooled setups (yes, this is made up, but it's more fun to assume they have some sort of over the top setups that are beyond the scope of most mortal men).

2.  They thought there was not much to show based on what was released so far and just thought there was not much there there.

No they definitely did its just that they have a really intense filming/ upload schedule. Ive seen linus tweet about receiving something and then a video shows up about it months later. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Plus, there is so few games and benchmarks out there right now for mantle that while they could do one now, it would give more accurate results once more ways to benchmark come out.

They're probably just trying to get enough good data about it. Right now it's only available on what... 3 cards? And only usable 1 game and 1 benchmark?

Luke is working in benchmarks. Honestly the main reason we are not hurrying is that AMD gave us one afternoon of access to the driver on a Friday during which we were filming wan show before the press exclusivity window was up.

So by the time we had an opportunity to even work on it there were 100 performance articles and everyone could download it if they felt like it.

There's only so much one can do to investigate one game and a synthetic benchmark that hasn't already been done so we do-prioritized it.

Luke is working in benchmarks. Honestly the main reason we are not hurrying is that AMD gave us one afternoon of access to the driver on a Friday during which we were filming wan show before the press exclusivity window was up.

So by the time we had an opportunity to even work on it there were 100 performance articles and everyone could download it if they felt like it.

There's only so much one can do to investigate one game and a synthetic benchmark that hasn't already been done so we do-prioritized it.

Will you do another video later when the damn thing actually does anything on the 7000 series and the R9 280x and 270/270x? Because right now in BF4, it does jack all for performance on anything that isn't an R9 290 or R9 290x.

I wouldn't bother, both BF4 and 14.1 are broken.

Well personally when I tested it out, it did yield some major positive results however I did get some freeze lag but that was about it and it is in beta right now

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

/rant over

lol basically

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!