Inquiry

Black87Scorpion

Hey everyone, I got a new pc a few days ago with Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro motherboard, everything is running fine as it should be, one thing I'm worried about, after I turn off my pc I usually turn off power outlet or PSU power button, when I want to start my pc again, I turn on the power outlet or the PSU button, when I do that, motherboard RGB lights blink in white only once and for a split second, after that I push the case power button and pc runs fine, question is, is that split second lights on when power goes to PSU is a normal thing, or should I be worried of a short in motherboard or PSU that might cause problems in the future?

Thanks in advance for answering and sorry if the questions seems stupid.

2 minutes ago, Black87Scorpion said:

after I turn off my pc I usually turn off power outlet or PSU power button, when I want to start my pc again, I turn on the power outlet or the PSU button

you don't want tot do that, leave it on. Inrush Current will wear down your PSU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

you don't want tot do that, leave it on. Inrush Current will wear down your PSU.

I have my reasons for doing so, plus I have a 4 year old pc that I've done that to everyday with no problem at all, I still need an answer for my question though

Just because you've been doing the same thing to a computer for four years...does not mean it is the right thing to do. 

You said "or should I be worried of a short in motherboard or PSU that might cause problems in the future" - the answer to that question is continuing to do so will certainly impact upon CMOS battery life, as well if there's one thing that delicate Electronic devices do not play well with; it is Voltage Surge...and every time you continue to do what you've been doing for four years; you run the risk of a Voltage Surge. I say this as a Licenced Electrical Contractor and Supervisor with over 48 years of Trade/Business experience...so over to you!

On 12/25/2019 at 3:12 AM, Pharr Carnell said:

Just because you've been doing the same thing to a computer for four years...does not mean it is the right thing to do. 

You said "or should I be worried of a short in motherboard or PSU that might cause problems in the future" - the answer to that question is continuing to do so will certainly impact upon CMOS battery life, as well if there's one thing that delicate Electronic devices do not play well with; it is Voltage Surge...and every time you continue to do what you've been doing for four years; you run the risk of a Voltage Surge. I say this as a Licenced Electrical Contractor and Supervisor with over 48 years of Trade/Business experience...so over to you!

As I said, I have my reasons, didn't wanna explain but here u go

I live in a bad country called Iraq, we don't have electricity 24/7 here, so I plug my pc to an electric inverter, inverting power from low voltage through big batteries to normal voltage just so that when home electricity goes off the inverter gives power instantly through batteries,  just like a big and more time providing UPS so to speak, so I have to turn off my pc's plug after I finish using it to preserve batteries.

And all of what u wrote didn't really answer my question, did it?

So over to u again!!!

My previous answer was based on my wealth of knowledge learned and over years of practice in fields related to the basis of your question.

You mentioned when your original question was posted, your reluctance to go into details of why you do what you do; and there was no pressure upon you to divulge any information that you  really didn't want to divulge.

At any time there was the option for you to PM me and include an explanation if you had wanted to rather than include here on the Forum for all to read; but you've chosen to state your reasons and I guess I and others who've bothered to follow the post will now have a better understanding of your thought process...but be that as it may be; it must still be considered to be 'not the best practice'.

But given your personal circumstances [and we're all in the same boat here] you do what you have to do to achieve the result that you need, and so in conclusion from my  point of view; good luck with your continued practice and I hope you do not run into any issue caused as a result of the things you have to do.