Web surfing Laptop under 200$

S1L3nT

Title says, I just want basic laptop that I can surf only web, watch youtube at 360p, check mails, and write some in ms office 2007. I need it to be as small as possible cuz I want for traveling but I can't afford 1000$ to buy macbook air or some ultrabook. Maybe an asus Eee pc would be fine with upgraded 2gb memory but I think it won't be enough? I'm talking ordering a laptop on ebay under 200$. Or is it better to get an old macbook with c2d 2gb ram ? Any better possible laptop that can be under 200$ on ebay used?

Finishing up my build...

I would say to get a Chromebook, but you need office. Are you OK with using Google Drive instead?

Welcome to the Gun Show

I would say a Chrome book maybe but then youre going to be limited to only using Google Docs and you wouldnt be able to use MS Office.

I would say a Chrome book maybe but then youre going to be limited to only using Google Docs and you wouldnt be able to use MS Office.

Am I wrong or does Libreoffice/openoffice work on CB?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I would say to get a Chromebook, but you need office. Are you OK with using Google Drive instead?

No, I don't want chromebook :x otherwise I'd get that. Windows or mac :) 

Finishing up my build...

You're going to be extremely limited outside of Chromebooks. A $200 machine that's not running Chrome OS won't even be worth the hassle. It will probably have poor build quality, overheating issues, unresponsive to user input, etc

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

You're going to be extremely limited outside of Chromebooks. A $200 machine that's not running Chrome OS won't even be worth the hassle. It will probably have poor build quality, overheating issues, unresponsive to user input, etc

Agreed!  OP I beg of you, do not try and find a Windows machine for $200, it will be terrible.

In other terms, buying a $200 windows machine is like buying a crushed car at the scrap yard in hopes you will be able to drive it to work.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Another vote for tablet. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

HP Chromebook 14 for $300. Great battery life, I assume you just want daily needs and this does it. There is also the Acer C720 for $200.