Xiaomi Mi 8 vs Redmi Note 8 Pro

Tony Mag

So i can find these 2 phones at the same price.What's the overall better one?The things i care the most are: everyday use(social media,internet etc)>gaming>photos and stuff

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Tony Mag said:

So i can find these 2 phones at the same price.What's the overall better one?The things i care the most are: everyday use(social media,internet etc)>gaming>photos and stuff

Thanks

the note is newer, bigger, bigger battery, better camera

the mi8 is smaller and faster

Just now, boggy77 said:

the note is newer, bigger, bigger battery, better camera

the mi8 is smaller and faster

I kinda like it being smaller.And i have seen it has a pretty good camera with OIS and stuff.

Does it matter being older though?Like is this a drawback for any reason?

1 minute ago, Tony Mag said:

I kinda like it being smaller.And i have seen it has a pretty good camera with OIS and stuff.

Does it matter being older though?Like is this a drawback for any reason?

It being older means it will most likely receive less updates as time moves on, i.e. the Note 8 might get Android 11, where the Mi 8 will not.

Other than that, and the fact that the Mi 8 has a faster processor, the fact that it is older won't have any other downside other than software updates

I will complain about high prices in Norway given the oportunity.

Primary Desktop PC:

Spoiler

Hardware specifications:

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z170 S CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52 RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 GPU: ASUS RX 5700XT ROG Strix SSD: Kingston Savage 240GB HDD: Seagate 3TB 7200RPM PSU: Corsair RMx 750W Case: NZXT H440

I/O:

Monitor: ASUS 27' 1440p 165Hz | AOC 24' 1080p 60hz Keyboard: Ducky ONE 2 SF (Cherry MX Brown) Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Headset: Sennheiser HD 6XX AMP/DAC: Drop O2 + SDAC DAC/AMP

(PC Part Picker Link)

Primary Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell XPS 15 9500:

CPU: i7-10750H RAM: 32GB DDR4-2933 GPU: GTX 1650 Ti SSD: 1TB NVME Display: 15.6' 1920x1200

Damn it's a hard choice!Who can say no to an sd845 with amoled screen and good camera with OIS?On the other hand the rn8pro has better battery and it is newer.. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Mi 8 performance wise.  I've got one.  Now on the Mi 9T Pro cos someone needed a phone upgrade and I sold my Mi 8 and bought the Mi 9T Pro as a replacement for myself.  Where I'm from the Mi 8 is somehow more expensive than the 9 lol...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.