Best 100€ case for temps and design?

SlimShady99

Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic, NZXT H700\710(i), Phanteks P400A \ Digital.

Corsair, please fire your cases designer. You have either cases with terrible airflow but somewhat good looking or something that are ugly as fuck but has decent airflow, nothing in between. Not everyone needs shitton of RGB fans, make clean looking sub 100$ case with good airflow and people will buy it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic, NZXT H700\710(i), Phanteks P400A \ Digital

The NZXT is 150€ in my country so no, and the Phanteks is not on stock on Amazon, I really like that Lian li, should I buy that one instead? Or do you have any other recomendations? Thanks for the reply

5 minutes ago, SlimShady99 said:

The NZXT is 150€ in my country so no, and the Phanteks is not on stock on Amazon, I really like that Lian li, should I buy that one instead? Or do you have any other recomendations? Thanks for the reply

PC-O11 is very good but it's rather optimized for custom water cooling, lots of fan spaces which you'll need to populate all to have decent airflow and no filters altogether, there's also PC-O11 Air but it has even more openings, 13 fans, WTF Lian-Li ?

What about the Fractal Design Meshify C, or their Define series?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

PC-O11 is very good but it's rather optimized for custom water cooling, lots of fan spaces which you'll need to populate all to have decent airflow and no filters altogether, there's also PC-O11 Air but it has even more openings, 13 fans, WTF Lian-Li ?

OMG how many fans come with the case then? hahaha, i value a lot fans with the case itself, thats why i like that Corsair with 3 rgb fans included (the LL120)

1 minute ago, AndrewB121 said:

its good, i dont like its design very much tho

5 minutes ago, AndrewB121 said:

Oh, it's good too, if forgot about Meshify C.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady99 said:

OMG how many fans come with the case then?

Two.

6 minutes ago, Juular said:

Oh, it's good too, if forgot about Meshify C.

Two.

pfff.. I could buy the value pack of 5 Arctic F12 as well, because I really like the idea of having that enormous thing on my desk full of fans xD The PC 011 so far then!

Just now, SlimShady99 said:

pfff.. I could buy the value pack of 5 Arctic F12 as well, because I really like the idea of having that enormous thing on my desk full of fans xD The PC 011 so far then!

Oh, i advice against Arctic fans, i bought that value pack, they all leaked within three months, Arctic says "it's fine, use them until they'll die" lol, i don't want to get my PC insides get smeared with oil all over the place.

Just now, Juular said:

Oh, i advice against Arctic fans, i bought that value pack, they all leaked within three months, Arctic says "it's fine, use them until they'll die" lol, i don't want to get my PC insides get smeared with oil all over the place.

lol, seems like a bad customer support, Amazon always gives me a solution even refund if I get unlucky

The icue 465 is one of the better cases corsair makes that isnt an Airflow refresh or questionably designed. The side intake is well spaced, and coupled with properly positioned fans make it a good option. However, the PC-O11D is still arguably one of the best cases currently available in the price range, build quality, features and aesthetics.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

The icue 465 is one of the better cases corsair makes that isnt an Airflow refresh or questionably designed. The side intake is well spaced, and coupled with properly positioned fans make it a good option. However, the PC-O11D is still arguably one of the best cases currently available in the price range, build quality, features and aesthetics.

So which would you pick? Keep in mind that the ICUE 465 is 125€ and the Lian Li 135€, but that Corsair one comes with 3 RGB LL120 fans valued on +20€ each, and I would need to buy some fans for the Lian Li.

I like more the Lian Li mainly because of the space available, but that 3 RGB fans included also atracts me.

So which would you pick? Keep in mind that the ICUE 465 is 125€ and the Lian Li 135€, but that Corsair one comes with 3 RGB LL120 fans valued on +20€ each, and I would need to buy some fans for the Lian Li

What's your system build? Want to double check, the PC-O11D only has a 155mm CPU tower height clearance which can be an issue for some primarily air cooled systems. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

What's your system build? Want to double check, the PC-O11D only has a 155mm CPU tower height clearance which can be an issue for some primarily air cooled systems. 

I have this

Ryzen 5 3600 cooled by Arctic Freezer 34 Duo

RTX 2070 Super MSI Gaming X Trio

Gigabyte 750W 80 Plus Gold Semimodular

16GB RAM Corsair 3200mhz CL16 RGB

B450 Aorus Pro

NVME Samsung 500gb

Dont think It will be a problem right?

11 minutes ago, SlimShady99 said:

I have this

RTX 2070 Super MSI Gaming X Trio

Gigabyte 750W 80 Plus Gold Semimodular

16GB RAM Corsair 3200mhz CL16 RGB

B450 Aorus Pro

NVME Samsung 500gb

Freezer  34 Duo is 157 mm tall, so you are out of luck.

Cheap, but decent case is Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh. Fairly spacious inside, you can put 5 140mm fans in it, but comes with no fans. 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

50 minutes ago, SlimShady99 said:

As @Quadriplegic mentioned, the cooler will be too tall for the PC-O11D. So that should make the decision easy (and no, there's basically no chance it will fit anyways.)

6 hours ago, Juular said:

like you said its meant for custom loops...

13 fans seems amazing to me 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

45 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

As @Quadriplegic mentioned, the cooler will be too tall for the PC-O11D. So that should make the decision easy (and no, there's basically no chance it will fit anyways.)

1 hour ago, Quadriplegic said:

Freezer  34 Duo is 157 mm tall, so you are out of luck.

Cheap, but decent case is Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh. Fairly spacious inside, you can put 5 140mm fans in it, but comes with no fans. 

I can always switch cooler for the ocasion no problem xDD so with that cleared out, which would you chose between those 2?

9 minutes ago, SlimShady99 said:

I can always switch cooler for the ocasion no problem xDD so with that cleared out, which would you chose between those 2?

Probably the O11D, even though it's more expensive and with no fans, it's like a blank canvas that you can paint over and over for years to come. 

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Probably the O11D, even though it's more expensive and with no fans, it's like a blank canvas that you can paint over and over for years to come. 

I agree with you, thank you. This doesnt fit here but could you help me finding a CPU cooler that fit in the Lian Li with good performance design and posibly RGB?

I agree with you, thank you. This doesnt fit here but could you help me finding a CPU cooler that fit in the Lian Li with good performance design and posibly RGB?

Any variant of the Cryorig H7

Arctic Freezer 33 Esports (it's shorter than the 34)

Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B

Scythe FUMA 2

MSI CORE FROZR L

@WoodenMarker did I miss any? (Tower coolers below 155mm for a PC-O11D)

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B

Scythe FUMA 2

MSI CORE FROZR L

thank you. so this case is mostly for liquids right? Almost no support for air coolers

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B

Scythe FUMA 2

MSI CORE FROZR L

I'd add Silentium PC Fera3 RGB. And Alpenföhn Brocken Eco Advanced with Phanteks Halos.

And of course, the classic Deepcool Gammaxx400.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

1 minute ago, SlimShady99 said:

thank you. so this case is mostly for liquids right? Almost no support for air coolers

There is technically support, but not having up to 160mm of clearance really omits a LOT of coolers. There's always down draft coolers (similar to stock AMD and intel coolers) but thats not to say they're completely void of options. The MSI Frozer is used in Gamers Nexus case testing and fit no problem

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3285-lian-li-o11-dynamic-review-benchmark-der8auer-case-design

what about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Edit: Nevermind, its even taller lol