Can you Boot a PC with JUST a 4770k?

I was curious if it was possible to boot a computer without a dedicated graphics card, and instead a 4770k.

Yes since it has intergrated graphics

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

All you need to boot is a PSU, a Motherboard, a CPU and RAM. So as long as you have a PSU and RAM, yes. 

Welcome to the Gun Show

yes, the 4770k has intel hd4600 integrated graphics.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

All you need to boot is a PSU, a Motherboard, a CPU and RAM. So as long as you have a PSU and RAM, yes. 

and cpu cooler thankfully socket 1150 comes with a stock cooler :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

The build im doing consists of these parts:

Intel Core i7-4770k

G.Skill Trident X series 16g ram (I recognize that ram frequency doesn't change much FPS wise)

Asus Maximus VI Formula 

Corsair ax860 High Performance

MSI GTX 780 TI.

Corsair 900d Case

Fully cooled with noctua fans

The reason I need to know if I can build and boot without a graphics card is due to the fact that I can currently afford everthing BESIDES the graphics card. 

Well technically you dont need one to boot. 

well you could but who would want to fry $300? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Intel Core i7-4770k

G.Skill Trident X series 16g ram (I recognize that ram frequency doesn't change much FPS wise)

Asus Maximus VI Formula 

MSI GTX 780 TI.

Corsair 900d Case

The reason I need to know if I can build and boot without a graphics card is due to the fact that I can currently afford everthing BESIDES the graphics card. 

you will be fine just remember to put the stock cooler or whatever cooler your using on the cpu because there wasnt one on the list 

Specs

Good build

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

It would automatically shut itself down from heat.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

It would automatically shut itself down from heat.

still rather risky 

Specs

still rather risky 

Meh xD I ran my Xeon without a cooler a few times and it's a beast - 3.9Ghz on water whilst the average is 3.4Ghz and 4.6 was the highest on LN2.

EDIT: It did shut itself down from heat a few times whilst I was testing it.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Well technically you dont need one to boot. 

Depends how one defines "boot". If one means get the o/s up then likely no. In my experience (and I'm a little embarrassed to admit it) a Haswell will shut down within 15 seconds without a cooler.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I was curious if it was possible to boot a computer without a dedicated graphics card, and instead a 4770k.

Ya it will...and then what are u gonna do...make an omelet...LOL... :lol:

Get a decent gpu for now and then in future u can upgrade...such a great build and if u will not have a gpu then how are u gonna have fun with it... :P

In my experience a Haswell will shut down within 15 seconds without a cooler.

:o

One question: How can you get the video signal?

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

One question: How can you get the video signal?

The motherboards rear I/O would have the proper video connections.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I`m recommending a graphics card or a 9590 for frying

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Intel Core i7-4770k

Asus Maximus VI Formula 

MSI GTX 780 TI.

Corsair 900d Case

where is that aftermarket cooler at? i want to see one in a build with a maximus motherboard a 780ti and 4770k, it's an absolute must! the pc overlords will be shamed otherwise.

I`m recommending a graphics card or a 9590 for frying

can i suggest a 9590 and a 290x for maximum heat output? it makes for a cozy oven that bakes great muffins.