I upgraded my CPU and now my computer won't work!

My old CPU, a ryzen 3 2200g is working perfectly, but I recently just tried swapping it with a ryzen 5 2600. When I swapped the CPU and the computer sees to be fine, all the fans are working and the lighting works, but my monitors stay black. I swapped it out with my old CPU, and the computer still worked, but the monitors were black. Everything was working well before I swapped the CPU out and none of the pins were bent. My motherboard is a Prime b450m, nothing is damaged so does anyone have any tips? 

Do you have another gpu in it? If yes are you plugged into it, not the mobo?

If not, you need to get a dedicated gpu as the 2600 does not have an integrated gpu

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

3 minutes ago, windboit said:

My old CPU, a ryzen 3 2200g is working perfectly, but I recently just tried swapping it with a ryzen 5 2600. When I swapped the CPU and the computer sees to be fine, all the fans are working and the lighting works, but my monitors stay black. I swapped it out with my old CPU, and the computer still worked, but the monitors were black. Everything was working well before I swapped the CPU out and none of the pins were bent. My motherboard is a Prime b450m, nothing is damaged so does anyone have any tips? 

Are you plugging your display into the motherboard's display-output? The Ryzen 5 2600 doesn't have a built-in GPU, so you can't use the motherboard-connectors for your display.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

As everyone else has said, the 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics so you'll need a dedicated GPU. 

If you do have a dedicated GPU, idk what to tell you.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

2 minutes ago, windboit said:

I have a dedicated gpu, Radeon rx 570

also it doesn't work even if I plug the monitor cables to the gpu

1 hour ago, windboit said:

also it doesn't work even if I plug the monitor cables to the gpu

Clear CMOS and then boot with one RAM stick.

Did you forget to plug in the CPU PSU cables?

39 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Clear CMOS and then boot with one RAM stick.

Did you forget to plug in the CPU PSU cables?

everything is plugged in and working fine but I can't boot with only one ram stick

Clear the CMOS as already mentioned and then reseat everything.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

Clear the CMOS as already mentioned and then reseat everything.

I've reset the CMOS like 6 times and done everything but the monitors are still black

3 minutes ago, windboit said:

I've reset the CMOS like 6 times and done everything but the monitors are still black

You make sure that gpu has it's supplemental pcie plug in?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 hours ago, windboit said:

Take everything out of the case and put the motherboard on top of the original box or on a wood or plastic test bench, away from liquids or random metal parts, assemble and hook everything up there, plug in the PSU, make sure all extra power connectors are plugged in, make very sure heatsinks are on, hook up your monitor and a keyboard and boot like that  (if you have an LED Post code, or or a "PC Speaker" attachment for POST beep sounds, you actually don't even need to hook up anything to the video card, not even any SATA drives or IDE/NVME ..BUT if you have a "PC Speaker" Beep speaker you can hook up to the main "SPEAKER" jump block to hear the power on "Beep" diagnostic, that helps even more.  The board -should- have a power button onboard.  If it's one of those super ultra cheap boards that don't, you will need to short the "PWR" case jumper block with a screwdriver.  Be very careful and make sure that screwdriver doesn't touch anything else.

With no drives, it should hang at the BIOS screen but will let you at least enter.  If that works then you have some sort of grounding case issue.

If that doesn't, then you probably destroyed something with static shock or knocked, scratched or did damage to something without realizing it.