Windows Server 2019 Programs autostart(?)

I pay for a full dedicated server from OVH, And I've not had much experience really using windows server, i had just used Linux for a good while, but i relised as time went on i needed to get alittle more space+hardware so i bought a Rise 1 from ovh, There a couple things i can't work out, Right now one issue is that i need certain programs to open automaticly if the server ever restarts (windows updates).

But my account won't do that since I've only ever connected using a 2nd user account i'm given "admin" and the only way the programs start is when the account is logged into, is there anyway i can change that so all programs that are setup to start at login, will just start at boot (if it happens) without the requirement Of a login?

I'm also new here don't be mean ❤️

9 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Task scheduler should let you do this.

Gonna give it a shot, Thanks for da hasty reply

I'm getting a repeated error and nothing launchs untill i logon using remote desktop

Each restart this appers, I tryed googling for the answers but they also failed to work.

6 minutes ago, MinerSpark said:

I'm getting a repeated error and nothing launchs untill i logon using remote desktop

Each restart this appers, I tryed googling for the answers but they also failed to work.

Under the General tab did you select for the task to run weather someone is logged in or not?

Normally if I'd want something to run at startup I just create a shortcut or a batch file and throw it in the Startup folder. Unfortunately the Startup folder doesn't run till you login so it won't help here.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Under the General tab did you select for the task to run weather someone is logged in or not?

Normally if I'd want something to run at startup I just create a shortcut or a batch file and throw it in the Startup folder. Unfortunately the Startup folder doesn't run till you login so it won't help here.

I did, here's a gif of below

uR3G7Eeo2r.gif

25 minutes ago, MinerSpark said:

I did, here's a gif of below

Reading into the error a bit more it seems various things can be the cause.

One thing to note about Task Scheduler is it can be a little finicky. Let's say you want to run a batch file. It may not do that correctly forcing you to run CMD.exe and adding an executable argument. It's kind of a pain.

If you right-click your task and hit Run does it execute everything successfully or does it bring you to this error again? If so this could be a issue solved by tweaking your Actions.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Reading into the error a bit more it seems various things can be the cause.

One thing to note about Task Scheduler is it can be a little finicky. Let's say you want to run a batch file. It may not do that correctly forcing you to run CMD.exe and adding an executable argument. It's kind of a pain.

If you right-click your task and hit Run does it execute everything successfully or does it bring you to this error again? If so this could be a issue solved by tweaking your Actions.

I closed all the programs the task should run, right clicked run and Nothing happened.

VVV Video

http://minerspark.co.uk/Scr/2019-12-11 06-25-34.mp4

17 minutes ago, MinerSpark said:

I closed all the programs the task should run, right clicked run and Nothing happened.

That's an indicator that one or more of your Actions are not setup in such a way that works with Task Scheduler. It's hung-up on running something.

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

That's an indicator that one or more of your Actions are not setup in such a way that works with Task Scheduler. It's hung-up on running something.

t can i do to correct this issue/error?

5 minutes ago, MinerSpark said:

t can i do to correct this issue/error?

I've created a new task sch but just running a javascript since that ran on its on, but i didn't see the app/program open anywhere in task manager, so i'm rebooting the server and seeing what happens.

1 minute ago, MinerSpark said:

I've created a new task sch but just running a javascript since that ran on its on, but i didn't see the app/program open anywhere in task manager, so i'm rebooting the server and seeing what happens.

Let us know how it goes. I've never tried making Task Scheduler run anything Java related. It's possible if you picked Java.exe and gave it an argument to the Java file (or whatever other .exe you're using) that that would work.

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Let us know how it goes. I've never tried making Task Scheduler run anything Java related. It's possible if you picked Java.exe and gave it an argument to the Java file (or whatever other .exe you're using) that that would work.

It launches a .javascript which uses node.js for windows, but nothings changed it doesn't launch, Even when i log onto windows it doesn't open.

You can run the application fine as your logged in user?

When you created the task, is it running as your user? 

Have you considered just creating a .bat file and having task scheduler trigger the bat file at startup? 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

On 12/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, Jarsky said:

You can run the application fine as your logged in user?

When you created the task, is it running as your user? 

Have you considered just creating a .bat file and having task scheduler trigger the bat file at startup? 

Starting everything using a .bat file works great, The only issue is now that when i logon, I see all processes In task manager, but none are visible to me, They are all hidden supposedly and they Are running, How can i have those instances appear without reopening new ones?

Example of one process, which applys to All processes but 2 on the startup