What the heck is happening on my ps4 pro? :/

SorrySorryImSorry

It does this on various games, but I just bought the new Call of Duty and it's unplayable :/ I had this same issue with Rainbow Six: Siege but I have no issues in Overwatch, Rocket League or other games. Just don't know what's going on. I'll add that after the issue with siege last year I took the ps4 pro apart and made sure it was clean and it really was pretty dust free on the inside. This is the first version of the pro and I've had it since it was released.

Video example of what's happening and it's noticeable about 5 seconds into it. It's much much worse in Siege and the rainbow glitch effect cover 99 percent of the screen. I've tried a factory reset, switching hdmi ports, different tv's, turning off and on hdr and even on rainbow six using the digital download version and none of that fixed the issue. Is it a gpu issue or? What's weird is the issue has persisted for a long time but only effects certain games (so far just this one and siege unless I forgot about one)

And if you think that is playable, well, here is siege - https://streamable.com/bp078

Annotation 2019-11-29 162538.png

My immediate assumption is something is up with GPU. Watching your video, it seemed only to do it when something 3D was being rendered. When it showing only 2D elements or pre-rendered video, it was fine. Just as a test to confirm this, I personally would swap the drive in the system and do a clean install of the system software to test if it might be software related. I doubt it's software related but you never know. It's best to eliminate the possibility.

You may want to take/send it somewhere like TronicsFix or since it's Black Friday, you may just want to buy another one.

1 minute ago, B16CXHatch said:

My immediate assumption is something is up with GPU. Watching your video, it seemed only to do it when something 3D was being rendered. When it showing only 2D elements or pre-rendered video, it was fine. Just as a test to confirm this, I personally would swap the drive in the system and do a clean install of the system software to test if it might be software related. I doubt it's software related but you never know. It's best to eliminate the possibility.

You may want to take/send it somewhere like TronicsFix or since it's Black Friday, you may just want to buy another one.

Any idea why it doesn't do this on overwatch, fortnite or rocket league?

In that case i would be guessing the power delivery isn't up to par and then you only see it games that need the power.
If you could RMA it. And if you're willing to try backup your stuff and reset it to factory default (but i doubt its gonna help but who knows).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just now, HanZie82 said:

In that case i would be guessing the power delivery isn't up to par and then you only see it games that need the power.
If you could RMA it. And if you're willing to try backup your stuff and reset it to factory default (but i doubt its gonna help but who knows).

yeah, it's not in warranty. I've had it since 2016 I think. but yeah, that sucks :/ I'll try the factory reset again and see if that helps. It's a long weekend, but I guess I'll just wait for the ps5 to come out next year instead of buying another ps4 pro.